Rockstar must be shaking in their boots

+
What a company looks for is how many copies a game sells and obviously they aren't worried, to be honest.
And both will have great sales.
I'll personally just buy Cyberpunk 2077 though because it's great, in short.
IT'S GREAT.

I kind of wonder, what gave you such impression animalfather?

You statements are very bold. What a weird topic.

R* and CDPR are way different but their similarities as what makes them unique and equal towards one goal, developing the best games. I doubt R* will ever feel the heat towards any gaming company. The only fear R* might have is to go broke. R* has deep roots and the roots are old and well known in the gaming community, such as, that whatever that R* make, it is a 100% a hit for sure. CDPR is making his own way in his own moment, and by so, that takes guts and desire to be the best and love for what they already said they do (respect) and by that, they are becoming the ultimate gaming company that will be like R* and that is not a bad thing. By CDPR is on his way to becoming something like R* on that regard, yes, being totally independent to back and develop their own games without needing a "middle man".

We need more companies like R* and CDPR for sure. I honestly found CDPR and R* the only two companies well big enough to be what they are and want to be, on keep creating original content without any sort of backpacks, if you know what I mean about it. Even though we know CDPR is trying and getting towards that direction by being free of that burden, but they will get there for sure.

I am sure on one thing, knowing the huge sales on R* latest installment GTAV and CDPR latest installment as well TW3. The other companies take notice for sure, and they wish to be or be part of R* and CDPR, just because how these two companies are and have the freedom to be independent, even though, it takes a huge heavy burden in development. I honestly think, the other companies are the ones to be "afraid" of CDPR and R*.

P.s. So long.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7036850 said:
I seriously doubt the Release of "Fallout 4" had much effect on the "Call of Duty" or "Madden Sports" market.

>fallout 4 is in the same category of Call of Duty

there is a big chance of CP2077 and GTA competing against each other due to their possible similarities. I doubt Rockstar will fear CP2077, except if CP2077 sells like hotcakes and surpass GTA in most aspects.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9587081 said:
>fallout 4 is in the same category of Call of Duty
Good point, both are shooters with RPG elements.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9587081 said:
there is a big chance of CP2077 and GTA competing against each other due to their possible similarities. I doubt Rockstar will fear CP2077, except if CP2077 sells like hotcakes and surpass GTA in most aspects.
Not that I wish Rock Star any ill ... but I suspect it'll feel the bite of CP2077 pretty severely.
The main difference will probably be that CP2077 won't be a totally open-ended open-world. Chances are once you finish the main story-line you finish the game, much like W3.

I'm not saying Fallout 4 and Call of Duty are similar or different, what I'm saying is how each of their demographics are very different from each other.

Donum-Dei;n7302220 said:
I kind of wonder, what gave you such impression animalfather?

You statements are very bold. What a weird topic.

R* and CDPR are way different but their similarities as what makes them unique and equal towards one goal, developing the best games. I doubt R* will ever feel the heat towards any gaming company. The only fear R* might have is to go broke. R* has deep roots and the roots are old and well known in the gaming community, such as, that whatever that R* make, it is a 100% a hit for sure. CDPR is making his own way in his own moment, and by so, that takes guts and desire to be the best and love for what they already said they do (respect) and by that, they are becoming the ultimate gaming company that will be like R* and that is not a bad thing. By CDPR is on his way to becoming something like R* on that regard, yes, being totally independent to back and develop their own games without needing a "middle man".

We need more companies like R* and CDPR for sure. I honestly found CDPR and R* the only two companies well big enough to be what they are and want to be, on keep creating original content without any sort of backpacks, if you know what I mean about it. Even though we know CDPR is trying and getting towards that direction by being free of that burden, but they will get there for sure.

I am sure on one thing, knowing the huge sales on R* latest installment GTAV and CDPR latest installment as well TW3. The other companies take notice for sure, and they wish to be or be part of R* and CDPR, just because how these two companies are and have the freedom to be independent, even though, it takes a huge heavy burden in development. I honestly think, the other companies are the ones to be "afraid" of CDPR and R*.

P.s. So long.

well because Rockstar is really known for their open world games. and for making the best open world settings together with story, which is exactly what cdpr is doing. before they were only doing the fantasy setting but now the cyberpunk setting is much closer to the contemporary one in gta.
now the games might be slightly different but they overlap in so many departments. rockstar should really up their games if they want to stay kings of the open world.

It's a sad thing that GTA is mentioned in the same breath as Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk shouldn't be too mainstream. I am afraid the game will become a watered down version of Cyberpunk, designed for mainstream appeal: GTA, but in the future? I am deeply worried about this.

I also got a GTA feeling from the trailer. I hope it's not another GTA. The whole sandbox, rampaging with no consequences, got old fast. If the game doesn't have something amazingly new other than a new setting, I'd be worried.

Seriously people... In what way is it "GTA".. Just because it has a city and is open world. Get real...

This is a CITY world and yes it is big and open and vast etc. I mean exactly HOW would it be made different? With unicorns and cotton candy. Comments like these comparing it to GTA are asinine to be frank.

It looks more cyberpunk than any game I've ever seen and played. It looks fantastic.

It's a sad thing that GTA is mentioned in the same breath as Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk shouldn't be too mainstream. I am afraid the game will become a watered down version of Cyberpunk, designed for mainstream appeal: GTA, but in the future? I am deeply worried about this.

dude its an RPG game. it just has GTA open world driving.

dude its an RPG game. it just has GTA open world driving.

Allegedly it is an RPG game. We don't know a whole ton about it yet and that trailer sure looked pretty GTA to me. Music, lighting, graphic style and tons of big, loud, dramatic action scenes and explosions.

Presumably there's more to the game than that, but what we've seen so far looks exactly like a futuristic GTA. If RPG elements existed in that trailer they were pretty buried under all the loudness and brightness. That doesn't mean that the game doesn't have them, but they sure have not been emphasized that much yet.

Allegedly it is an RPG game. We don't know a whole ton about it yet and that trailer sure looked pretty GTA to me. Music, lighting, graphic style and tons of big, loud, dramatic action scenes and explosions.

Presumably there's more to the game than that, but what we've seen so far looks exactly like a futuristic GTA. If RPG elements existed in that trailer they were pretty buried under all the loudness and brightness. That doesn't mean that the game doesn't have them, but they sure have not been emphasized that much yet.

Your first paragraph describes nearly every movie, cartoon, video game, or book that takes place around California. That's like saying the Transformers movies or the Bad Boys movies are GTA-like.

And, yeah, two video games that focus heavily on violent underworld elements in a California setting are going to have a lot of similarities. GTA doesn't own this just because they're the most famous example.

Your first paragraph describes nearly every movie, cartoon, video game, or book that takes place around California. That's like saying the Transformers movies or the Bad Boys movies are GTA-like.

And, yeah, two video games that focus heavily on violent underworld elements in a California setting are going to have a lot of similarities. GTA doesn't own this just because they're the most famous example.

I'm having literally the exact same debate in the Hello, Night City thread so I'll just let my reply in that one to Mecchanical serve as my reply. You and he made the same point so hopefully you won't mind to much.

I'm having literally the exact same debate in the Hello, Night City thread so I'll just let my reply in that one to Mecchanical serve as my reply. You and he made the same point so hopefully you won't mind to much.

Edit: I had confused you for someone else.

And, well, you're confusing two recipes with similar ingredients for being the exact same thing. You see two recipes with bread, lettuce, and tomatoes... and you're thinking that because the first one is a hamburger, the second one must be as well rather than the salad we're trying to tell you it is.

Last edited:
I saw it. I don't see how it's relevant or makes any point.

In what way do they look similar? They don't. But, then, the inside of an apartment is going to look nothing like the middle of the open street.

If you really don't see any similarities at all in this list of things then I really don't know what to say.

1. Morally gray, anti-hero villain protagonist who thrives in a city riven with crime
2. Bright, colorful lighting
3. Cartoony looking characters
4. Loud explosions and adrenaline filled scenes of dramatic gun battles
5. Cheesy Miami Vice style music choice

Feel free to go on. Yes, I know GTA doesn't OWN this, but the only thing we've actually been shown so far shows, well, a ton of similarities. Okay, so you have some form of character editor? So does Saint's Row, which is a GTA clone.

We have been told the game is far more than this and will have all the things we loved about the Witcher series. We have not been SHOWN this. What we've actually been shown is basically the list I just gave you above.

If you really don't see any similarities at all in this list of things then I really don't know what to say.

1. Morally gray, anti-hero villain protagonist who thrives in a city riven with crime
2. Bright, colorful lighting
3. Cartoony looking characters
4. Loud explosions and adrenaline filled scenes of dramatic gun battles
5. Cheesy Miami Vice style music choice

Feel free to go on. Yes, I know GTA doesn't OWN this, but the only thing we've actually been shown so far shows, well, a ton of similarities. Okay, so you have some form of character editor? So does Saint's Row, which is a GTA clone.

We have been told the game is far more than this and will have all the things we loved about the Witcher series. We have not been SHOWN this. What we've actually been shown is basically the list I just gave you above.

1) is bread
2) is lettuce
3) is every video game on the market if you think those graphics are cartoony
4) is tomatoes
5) is cheese

Do we have the ingredients for a cheeseburger, or is there a fancy salad being made?

You're making the mistake of assuming that because there are similarities, they must be the same. Stop and compare how many similarities Witcher 3 has to Skyrim, then tell me if you think those are anywhere near the same game. In fact, I'll list them for you.

1) Fantasy setting
2) Magic
3) Northern Europe mythology base
4) Interdimensional travel via magic
5) Romance
6) Swords
7) Castles
8) Peasantry in unusually-small towns
9) A war involving an empire and a faction that doesn't want to be part of them
10) Evil elves out to kill everyone
11) Able to roam the world at will
12) Quest to save the world
13) Similar graphics styles
14) Winter and ice are a heavy theme

By your own criteria, Witcher 3 is a Skyrim clone.

1) is bread
2) is lettuce
3) is every video game on the market if you think those graphics are cartoony
4) is tomatoes
5) is cheese

Do we have the ingredients for a cheeseburger, or is there a fancy salad being made?

You're making the mistake of assuming that because there are similarities, they must be the same. Stop and compare how many similarities Witcher 3 has to Skyrim, then tell me if you think those are anywhere near the same game. In fact, I'll list them for you.

1) Fantasy setting
2) Magic
3) Northern Europe mythology base
4) Interdimensional travel via magic
5) Romance
6) Swords
7) Castles
8) Peasantry in unusually-small towns
9) A war involving an empire and a faction that doesn't want to be part of them
10) Evil elves out to kill everyone

By your own criteria, Witcher 3 is a Skyrim clone.

I can pretty clearly see that I'm not going to convince you.

I'll just settle for pointing out that if I looked at that trailer and saw GTA, I'm clearly not alone. Plenty of other people saw the exact same thing from reading both this thread and the Hello, Night City one.

It doesn't mean there isn't more to see. But the idea that the trailer bore a remarkable resemblance to a GTA one is pretty widespread on the boards at the moment so maybe you just aren't looking closely enough since I'm clearly not the only person whose mind immediately went there when watching.

Your point isn't invalid. I'll stipulate that. And the Skyrim analogy is a very solid one.

Top Bottom