Romance options and updates?

+

Would you like to see more romance options?

• Yes (Doesnt mean they stop developing other things obviously)

Votes: 121 86.4%
  • No (Romance is not important to me)

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • No "im good with them as they are"

Votes: 9 6.4%

• Total voters
The biggest issue by far is that the romance to your character of choice basically ends at the beginning of your relationship. Lack of depth and things to do, quests to go on past the first intimate moments left me so damn sad. It may sound silly to some but this will make or break it for me going forward. The single most rewarding experience in the game was my relationship and romance to Judy, it's what will stay with me in memory going forward. And any single bits more with her, messages, quests, events, intimacy and dialogue will make me play the game all over again. And this is why i don't advocate for more romance options atm because simply they would disappoint you all that want them i fear for the same reason. At the moment no matter where you finish Judy, Panam, River, Kerry you will still be left with the void of knowing the best has passed and your sweetheart is nothing more than few sweet messages and repeating lines of dialogue. It will crush you because you know all the investment and emotion you put into it leads to loneliness and unfulfillment.

I don't agree that the restrictions should be removed they were made to keep the integrity of the character and define them within their world and background story. Making the romances all player sexual takes away from the immersion in the realities of life. In a Cyberpunk future where unimaginable things are real this bit of human interaction and character is same as it is in reality and it is better for it. I personally feel that making everyone bi would water down the significance of who these characters are and sever many peoples connection they hold in relating to them and who they are at the core.

For purposes of hammering down the points that could improve on romance ill list few i wrote earlier:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

The following is a direct statement to CDPR in support of Trinixy's comment:
THIS. CD Project Red. Please frame this on your wall. It is pretty much exactly what I wrote in this thread, so frame that too. Seriously, SCREW multiplayer. NOBODY wants it. If you have to make a multiplayer, let it be an optional DLC in like 2 years when the rest of the game is fixed. The points Trinixy makes here are INVALUABLE and if you go through with it as suggested I GUARANTEE you will see a serious surge in player satisfaction across the whole playerbase. There are still many other things that needs fixing in the game, but content-wise THIS would go such a long way! I also played Judy's romance, and as I myself mentioned, the missions and Judy's story arc as a whole is absolutely fantastic. I have found myself playing the game a lot less due to the absolute lack of depth afterwards. I was looking forward to not being alone in my struggles in Night City and found I was even more alone than when I started the game.
Again. PLEASE DO THESE THINGS. Don't just evaluate, you are CDPR for heaven's sake, you are more than capable of making this reality!
Post automatically merged:

Great pretty much all the stuff I agree with and push for myself, thank you choom!
In addition I think you will agree with me that the game makes you so invested in your relationship it should make use of it in the story quests and your decisions going forward. In Judy's case I was expecting a retaliation from the claws or them targeting her to get back at me since she is my romance now. And there is basically nothing more important to you at that moment so such quests would give it way more weight and ofc once you choose to protect her you ruin your connection to Wakako. Things that allow you to get more intimate while at the same time providing gameplay and decision making story changes to your Night City experience driven by your investment to the person you love in it.
Yeah I pretty much agree with you all the way! Although maybe instead of ruining the connection with Wakako after Tyger Claw retaliation of some kind, she would have to be replaced by a Mox fixer who you will then help to take over for Wakako. I still want texts about cool cars hehe.
All in all I hope CDPR will read this. I may copy paste our combined comments and spread them in every romance related thread I can find, just to make sure they'll see it...

Last edited:
Romance dialogues should have existed almost every character you can interact on main or side quests. Even if you got rejected by someone who doesn't love you like that(no matter what is your gender). That could make the game more RPG. But the game is lack of RPG elements in so many ways. Lifepaths, romances and other critical choices are not very well developed. I understand Witcher 3's RPG elements because we were playing as Geralt. He has love-interests, family and his own personality. But in Cyberpunk 20777 We are not playing made up character. We are playing our own character, we can customize her/him and choose where she/he came from. After that no really big deal RPG elements... Very disappointing.

We need Trauma Team romances and MAXTAC romances please, that's all I ask. 😭 I wouldn't hate Royce or Dum Dum being a romance option too lol
No we don't. The existing romance content needs way more depth before adding any new romanceable NPCs.

It’s odd to me that CDPR didn’t address this in CP when its importance was expressed so directly in the Witcher 3. It seems like they TRIED, maybe…to make the world a less empty place after the romance storylines end but sheesh, is it that hard to figure out?

The way it is now, when the storyline ends…the contact ends, they seemingly go cold and vacant. A simple fix would be to simply not have the ‘chase/romance’ end. (IKR, mind blown?)

Instead of a string of meets or an upward scale when the romance story ends, why not just build several semi-generic “date-nights” into the story. Any time the player wants to call, (or hell, let the NPC call YOU!) and set up a time and go to a movie, or meet at a club…maybe just sit on a rooftop and talk a few creative lines of fresh dialogue. They could add a couple or three different, location dependent “coupling” scenes (but NOT the canned same one over and over like W3, please not that!)

Admittedly, I am not a programmer so making this happen seems like it would be easier than it probably really is BUT, I AM a writer and I can write decent scripts/dialogue…and I KNOW that part would not be that difficult for CDPR cause they have some top-notch writers on staff.

PLEASE, in the expansions…somewhere down the road, make something like this happen…please.
So something like what me and Trinixy suggested in our comments pretty much, although much more detailed. I also agree with you. QUALITY BEFORE QUANTITY! (that was directed at CDPR, sorry for shouting).

The following is a direct statement to CDPR in support of Trinixy's comment:
THIS. CD Project Red. Please frame this on your wall. It is pretty much exactly what I wrote in this thread, so frame that too. Seriously, SCREW multiplayer. NOBODY wants it. If you have to make a multiplayer, let it be an optional DLC in like 2 years when the rest of the game is fixed. The points Trinixy makes here are INVALUABLE and if you go through with it as suggested I GUARANTEE you will see a serious surge in player satisfaction across the whole playerbase. There are still many other things that needs fixing in the game, but content-wise THIS would go such a long way! I also played Judy's romance, and as I myself mentioned, the missions and Judy's story arc as a whole is absolutely fantastic. I have found myself playing the game a lot less due to the absolute lack of depth afterwards. I was looking forward to not being alone in my struggles in Night City and found I was even more alone than when I started the game.
Again. PLEASE DO THESE THINGS. Don't just evaluate, you are CDPR for heaven's sake, you are more than capable of making this reality!

Yeah I pretty much agree with you all the way! Although maybe instead of ruining the connection with Wakako after Tyger Claw retaliation of some kind, she would have to be replaced by a Mox fixer who you will then help to take over for Wakako. I still want texts about cool cars hehe.
All in all I hope CDPR will read this. I may copy paste our combined comments and spread them in every romance related thread I can find, just to make sure they'll see it...
Trust me dear choom am right with you and am daily here posting and reposting same and expanding on it in hopes that it gets noticed hopefully by devs and larger audience. There are no breaks. While I can understand the desires for more gameplay loops and features. Which ones of them would really stay memorable without a real story and depth tied to them? And so many of us will place such great value on the character of our choice that there has to be more ways to show them our affection and learn more about them.
Imagine having the same experience like the doll in clouds part with your romance. Where time stops to explore all your fears and desires and hopes with in this case your lover. Or the part with Johnny and the rollercoaster those kinds of bits to have with your partner would burn themselves in memory for a lifetime far better than any millions of options to blow heads of the bad guys!

Trust me dear choom am right with you and am daily here posting and reposting same and expanding on it in hopes that it gets noticed hopefully by devs and larger audience. There are no breaks. While I can understand the desires for more gameplay loops and features. Which ones of them would really stay memorable without a real story and depth tied to them? And so many of us will place such great value on the character of our choice that there has to be more ways to show them our affection and learn more about them.
Imagine having the same experience like the doll in clouds part with your romance. Where time stops to explore all your fears and desires and hopes with in this case your lover. Or the part with Johnny and the rollercoaster those kinds of bits to have with your partner would burn themselves in memory for a lifetime far better than any millions of options to blow heads of the bad guys!
I hear you choomba! To take an example from different games, the things that stuck with me from Mass Effect were the romances and the way you could play out the story WITH your romance! Same goes for Dragon Age, I remember the romances because I got to experience DEEP events related to the chosen romance partner and so on! The story pretty much changed to accomodate your choice of romance! Or rather, you as the player took some pretty drastic turns in the story because there was a loved one in the picture suddenly! Deep romances have a serious and underrated impact on the gameplay, what stays with the player after completing the game and just generally the whole impression of the game. I'm glad I found someone as like-minded to fight for these things here in the forums! I will keep bombarding CDPR until I see our and so many other people's wishes come true regarding romance depth especially.

I still drive to Judy's apartment before I log off...

And I still have a 3 line conversation with her before I exit...

It's not her fault that her creators abandoned her and left her simple but nonetheless, she's still my Judy and I'll continue to communicate with her, at her place, until the gods of night city give her an updated communications chip.

What happens when I log off?

Well... Is it an RPG right? ;)
Who are you and why are you doing the exact same thing as I am....
I'll see you in the Judy addiction therapy session in the future. Till then keep the Judy train rolling for more time with her coomba!

I guess the more I play this, the more upset I get. I'm on my second playthrough, took the Panam romance option the first go-round,
no real spoiler here but, I didn't wanna risk it. I was really disappointed with the lack of meaningful moments LATER in the romance 'string'. Early on, the build-up and anticipation was just about as good as any storyline in CDPRs prior work but again, later on...those nice moments, disappeared and it was no better than a 'bro-mance'...ugh.
And I got the 'good' ending on this...

Now I am going a second round and just starting the Judy romance line...my fear is this will turn out much the same. And it kinda, sucks I think. I shouldn't have to worry about it. I SHOULD have faith that the payoff at the end will be worth it but CDPR has lost some of my trust over this. And that is sad...

I just really wish they'd broaden up the romance options. Like with Judy for example, why don't they just make her compatible for both genders? She's been more involved in V's story than the other options yet she's only romanceable if you're a female and that's just really sad. I admire CDPR's work but with this game, they broke a lot of people's hearts. (Not just with the romance options but the whole game in general.)

I don't want to toss out spoilers so I'll just put it this way, after the respective side missions which drives their romance options/story, Panam doesn't contact you at all after her last message which was a really short discussion. Judy on the other hand still contacts you and even sends pics! Clearly this shows how much more connected Judy is with V than any other character in the game, but yet, she's only romanceable if you're a female. Total bummer!

Last edited:
Please keep reposting lol. I am trying my best to do the same and finding like-minded souls who feel the same. I think the depth of a romance adds a lot to the story. I mean if we could have a little meaningful interaction with Panam before you entered the Blackwall(I mean V had a big chance of dying and she stood there like he was just going to do some grocery shopping) that would make a lot more impact to the choice we as a player would make.

Anyway that is my take on this.

Dear devs!
I know that my words may seem sentimental, but I think it's very important for CP further storyline.
Please don't throw V's storyline, let him get his happy ending with his (her) romance partner (Panam or Judy). I mean the aldecaldo ending where V has a real chance to find a cure. You have a great possibility to show emotions, dialogues and fellings of main characters by expanding this story in Arizona. Also it can include more variety in non-quests dialogues, non-quests activities, pastimes and other kind of interactions between V and romance partner.
But don't throw Panam and Judy because these characters complete V's story, make it more bright and promising.

Agree with this, there are plenty of people you could make romanceable without adding more people, Claire, Meredith, Viktor...hell even an open relationship with the Peralez couple.

But I would say dont make everyone bangable like in Dragon Age 2...maybe limit some of them to lifepaths like Meredith for Corpo or Streetkid for Claire.

Oh and more Joytoys...even if they use the same animations just give us some variety

I just really wish they'd broaden up the romance options. Like with Judy for example, why don't they just make her compatible for both genders? She's been more involved in V's story than the other options yet she's only romanceable if you're a female and that's just really sad. I admire CDPR's work but with this game, they broke a lot of people's hearts. (Not just with the romance options but the whole game in general.)

I don't want to toss out spoilers so I'll just put it this way, after the respective side missions which drives their romance options/story, Panam doesn't contact you at all after her last message which was a really short discussion. Judy on the other hand still contacts you and even sends pics! Clearly this shows how much more connected Judy is with V than any other character in the game, but yet, she's only romanceable if you're a female. Total bummer!
Becauase she was written as a lesbian and it was confirmed.

If they made Judy's sexuality fluid they would have had to do the same thing for River obviously and that would have made some of the scenes in the game much different. I'm glad they took a hardline and just gave every gender and sexual orientation combination one romantic option.

As much as I hate to say it...as written and intended, Judy can't go Bi. She has too many lines, points of view where it is clear, she was born this way. They would have to cut out OR re-record more lines of dialogue and I think the chit-storm this would cause would not be worth it.

However, the way I understand the system, the lady working the desk at Clouds said that the Dolls could change their hair and appearance in real time...that means if they open up something like that as an option, you could honestly pick Judy for your Doll to 'transform' into. Wouldn't it be a super kewl (and by that I mean AWKWARD) moment if Judy ever got wind of this. I would LOVE to write that scene out!!! :)

But truly, there is no telling how much usable dialogue they recorded and have subsequently cut out. There could be multiple options already waiting in the can for DLC. Only time will tell.

don't care about Judy, there are more cool female characters, Lizzy Wizzy, Evelyn, Blue Moon, Sandra Dorsett, Moxes bouncer, Clouds receptionist, but you cant romance any

How much romance can you cram into "few weeks"

Cause that's how long the game lasts after act 1 and most of that is spent on jobs.

If they made Judy's sexuality fluid they would have had to do the same thing for River obviously and that would have made some of the scenes in the game much different. I'm glad they took a hardline and just gave every gender and sexual orientation combination one romantic option.

It makes them feel like actual people as well. People in the real world have preferences, and so should NPCs in RPGs.

don't care about Judy, there are more cool female characters, Lizzy Wizzy, Evelyn, Blue Moon, Sandra Dorsett, Moxes bouncer, Clouds receptionist, but you cant romance any
I agree with you, I came to like the Us Cracks Girls (and Blue Moon, she's pretty sweet), Evelyn is a very good character but not that much for romance (for me) - also the Mox and Cloud girls are really nice, like their designs and some characters :)

as for Lizzy Wizzy. I hate her so much. Maybe hate is too much, but she is a very good character who's incorporating imho really negative aspect(s) of socienty xD
and sandra dorsett - dunno. played her quests and everything but didn't click. it might be superficial, but I like girls who at least have hair. *shrug*

subjective preference I'd say

How much romance can you cram into "few weeks"

Cause that's how long the game lasts after act 1 and most of that is spent on jobs.

fully agree. but it wouldnt hurt if there was a bit of an interaction after you finish all quests for your love character when you come back to visit (aldecaldos even give you a tent, so why not some dialogue, or at least some text messages along the path)

I only discovered yesterday Judy is a no-go for my male V.... raging!

Panam is the only realistic option I have which is disappointing to say the least other than a joytoy at 100 Eddie's a go.... can't even revisit clouds for a doll...

But yeah, all these bars, restaurants etc and you can't chat a single person up!

Top Bottom