Rows Will Have a Unit Cap (in the Coming Midwinter Patch)

+
This game is becoming less Gwent and more generic cardgame. Almost all units are agile, only 9 cards per row, RNG galore and no gold immunity. Well at least we now know why all cards are agile since there's a stupid row limit coz tablets and phones....yay.

9 seems fair to me. Even with a spam deck including PFI I hardly get that many cards on a row, even in really long rounds. The only decks that might get problems are the machine decks.

Row limits will basically push the game to being more reactive and less proactive. I think it's the right way to go.

so we'll change from killing/removing enemies to wounding them trying to keep them on the board...

9 units row limit questions

I come with two.

What happens if an effect spawns or creates a unit in a row with already 9 units?
What happens if you already have 9 units in all three rows?

Not a massive fan of this change. I understand why they did it but I have the feeling it's gonna bring more annoyance than fun.
I may be wrong though (hopefuly I am) we'll see I guess.

partci;n9940831 said:
So this also limits Lacerate, Geralt: Aard is becoming weird, Harpooners, MG Hailstorm (like there are people still playing it)
Of course there is, the card is still insane and can still produce 2O+ power swing in the right deck.
In fact the nerf the card got is barely a nerf...

Eliadann;n10040801 said:
What happens if an effect spawns or creates a unit in a row with already 9 units?

The extra tokens won't spawn.

Eliadann;n10040801 said:
What happens if you already have 9 units in all three rows?

Then you cannot play an unit. If that's the only type of card left in your hand, you have to discard it.

ROW unit limit !!

Who want this? who, seriously? you give us multiplication cards,but you give us row limit..
Spam decks are dead.. with every patch you give us something good, but much of worst ideas and changes...

Guest 4021160

Mashajab;n10126742 said:
Who want this? who, seriously? you give us multiplication cards,but you give us row limit..
Spam decks are dead.. with every patch you give us something good, but much of worst ideas and changes...

It's implemented for balancing reasons. PERIOD... shhhhhtfffffff

I also find this "feature" a failure, specially if it was implemented (as they said) because of performance issues. I mean wat?

It completes negates swarm decks archtypes.

Since this thread has become active again, and after playing the Midwinter patch for a while, I can say that even my swarm deck hasn't reached the row limit yet on all three rows.

Theoretically, it's very easy to swarm all three rows, but from a competitive standpoint that rarely happens.

My Moonlight deck ran into the row limit once (I only had one Full Moon available). Luckily my opponent was kind enough to Aard three units out of that row, thus allowing me to play my last Werewolf there. :p

In general the limit hasn't been any trouble; it's indeed easy to forget it even exists thanks to the full agility.

I reached it once when playing against Drought. Completely forgot about it until it didnt let me play another unit there.
Speaking of rowcap how does it work in relation to moving units into full row? I know boulder destroyes them but what about zoltan, drowner and such?

Top Bottom