Saesenthessis and Nilfgaardian knight, what are they for?

+
Am I missing something? I have no idea why someone would use them. Saesenthessis has the order to remove immune for some reason, and the Knight boosts the enemy?!

No real idea about Saesenthessis. I suppose it could be used with something like Dol Blathanna Sentries; move Saesenthessis after using the Order, and then the Immune comes back at the end of the turn. (Or that's how I interpret the wording. Never used the card.)

The Knight could synergize with Cahir at least. Don't know if that'd be worth doing, but it would work.

If you have cards in your deck that boost other units, you can temporary remove Saesenthessis' immunity and stack a bunch of boosts on her. The immunity will return after your turn ends, so that's a good way to stack points and protect them.

As for Nilfgaardian Knight, it synergizes well with cards that drain boosts or switch power with an enemy like Regis and Master of Disguise. I once made a fun deck that focused on buffing the enemy, it had Wyvern Scale Shield, Rainfarn, Nilfgaardian Knights and stuff like that. I would buff the enemy like crazy and if he buffed himself too, all the better, and at the end of the round I would use Regis or Master of Disguise to take all my points back.

rrc

Forum veteran
Am I missing something? I have no idea why someone would use them. Saesenthessis has the order to remove immune for some reason, and the Knight boosts the enemy?!

As others have pointed out, you can remove the immune of Saesenthessis and boost her like crazy (either with Unicorn or Garrison Gate). At the end of the turn she regains her immunity. Though this gives protection to tall units removal like Geralt, Leo Bonhart, Eyck, or even Regis or Bekker's Mirror, it doesn't protect her from Scorch, Geralt:Igni, Villenthrethenmeth, Manticore+Elder, (that fking card) Predatory Dive, Waylay (or even Epidemic if she is the only unit present). So, just remember to try to play around those just to be sure.

Nilfgaardian Knight can be used with other synergies as other have pointed out. He can also be useful to enable tall unit removal cards like Geralt or Leo (or even Geralt:professional). Some players usually stop boosting units at 7 to play around these cards. Knight will make them 8+ and enable the tall unit removal cards.

HTH

Saes is immune. Immune is pretty good. Don't tell anyone because it's a secret. Plus, the premium version is a real winner on aesthetics alone. Posts above covered the other orders ability.

In regards to NG Knight.... It helps with high rolling with reveal. It also lets you get on the play of the month for breaking the game with certain other cards.

Top Bottom