Save Import & Fullscreen technical issues in v4.0

+
1)
When attempting to Import a The Witcher 2 save game file the game will automatically, without your input, get stuck in a loop displaying a warning about Saves being incompatible with old versions of the game (you don't have to click anything other than what is necessary to open the Import UI). Dismissing the warning causes the game to immediately display the warning again, giving you no opportunity to exit out of the menu and effectively soft-locking the game.

2)
Adjusting the "Display Mode" settng (Windowed/Borderless Fullscreen/Fullscreen Exclusive) will apply an "Always On Top" effect to the current game session, making it annoying to multi-task while the game is set to Fullscreen Exclusive, and impossible to multi-task when the game is set to Borderless Fullscreen. You must fully close the game and re-open it after adjusting this setting to remove the Always-On-Top behaviour.

Windows 10 22H2
Geforce 1070Ti (526.86)
Ryzen 3700X
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi motherboard
16GB RAM
GOG Galaxy (Overlay disabled)

Last edited:
I too have the first issue. Found it and is definitely annoying. And when you do finally press past it, the prompt gets stuck in cutscene as well.

Updated my 2nd issue with additional information, turns out the "Always On Top" effect is applied to the current game session when changing the Display Mode.

Got this issue to. its showing witcher 3 saves and not witcher 2 saves

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
That sounds very strange, I would suggest sending a ticket to CDPR support:

(I'm still downloading the game and I don't think I even have a TW2 save game to test it out anymore...)

Save game screen: Not showing any saved game file.
Load game screen: it only shows the old save file from game version 1.62.

Core issue?: Restarting the game is resetting every setting in the game such as small HUD becomes Large HUD, Inverting cameras and auto sheating the swords and so on becomes it's default setting. Also while revisiting the old save file without actually attempting to load a old save file is giving an error message saying (CE-107112-2). Saving the game is not creating a save file at all which is forcing me to put PS5 in rest mode which is something i don't really recommend as ps5 has an history for not booting it up when putting it on rest mode.

Next Attempt?: Reinstalling the game is not solving the issues at all.

Solution: i can only wait for a patch fix.

It is impossible to import any Witcher 2 save in a Fresh Game and a NG+ . It shows the Witcher 3 saves instead and pops up windows that make the game crashes even if you manage to click the imported save during the limited time the game gives you.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    522.5 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom