Screen tearing

+
Hello, I am having an issue where I am getting screen tearing when using frame generation with vsync on. I have a 4090 with a 5950x and 32gb 3600mz RAM. I own the game through steam. I am playing at 4k on an LG C2 (120hz). I am playing with all graphics settings on maximum, dlss on performance and vsync on (set to “Fast” in nvidia control panel). From my research, the two fixes for this are to 1. Set the ryzen master profile to gaming and force v sync to “fast” in the nvidia control panel and 2. setting LimitFPS to half the refresh rate minus 10 (in my case, 120hz/2 - 10=50) in the dx12user.settings file. I tried both of these things and I am still getting screen tearing/weird stutters/not stutters (I don’t even know what to call them.) I don’t get these when I have frame generation turned off, but I also get much worse performance with it off (obviously). It will still have the same tearing effect if I set the frame cap in game settings to any of the available options (30, 60, 75, 90, 120, or 144.) I’m not sure what else to do. I am very confident that this is not my system because I did not have this problem with frame generation on plague tale requiem. Any help and guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

I have also done this. And I don’t have this problem for any other games and it only happens when I turn on frame generation.

Top Bottom