So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
There will most likely be an "enhanced" edition at some point given that such things happened with previous rocky launches ahem ... Witcher 1 etc probably to double dip and get good faith points before multiplayer or the next project is announced. It's a good strategy and necessary one in this case because CDPR rellies on a few "High quality" IPs.
But there are no specific details as of yet what such an enhanced edition would include. And it probably would not be out for another year at least. Given that I think that programmer assessment rumor that the game would be fully ready really come 2022.

From past improvement in stuff like Witcher 3 (had 15+DLCs) I think yeah ai and mechanics and game systems will be improved, maybe a few additions to some sidequests so they feel more complete (I few extra lines of dialogue here and there) - basically some side-quest tweaks, even a few extra story side-quests (I remember TW3 got stuff like that) and maybe one or two story expansion DLCs. But basically right now forget about all that stuff for at least a year.

I'm still hopeful that they will.

The biggest overhauls I can think of are NMS and FF14. FF14 went on the be a massive success and NMS had quite a revival that is rarely seen for a single player game. I hope CDPR payed attention to those.

People need to stop interpreting lack of information/communication as proof that they won't do it. Heck Hello games didn't say a thing when they fixed NMS.

Just because Marcin Iwiński didn't come out and say "We'll overhaul everything and give you a thousand extra quests" doesn't mean none of that is happening.

Free DLCs can mean a lot of things. A lot. DLC is just downloadable content but the simple fact is that they can definitely brand any content you download from them as DLC. It doesn't matter what type of content it is or whether you pay for it or not, it can be considered DLC.

Bottom line, they certainly have the resources to do it. We can only wait and see whether they will or not.

My feelings on this whole subject are mixed.

They still have engine problems that I see in Witcher 3 that interfere with game play, namely picky looting and interaction hit boxes and shaky quest system. Interactions are better in CP2077, probably due to 1st person instead of 3rd, which means that V does not appear to stumble around as much. Still, CP2077 has issues with overlapping hit boxes and unlootable things. I can hope for fixes here, but if they never fixed this stuff in TW3, they won't in CP2077.

I am not so much concerned about character development and customization. That is not to say that there are not some rather odd decisions about clothing styles and some inconsistency with management decisions on appearance. They will probably sell matching clothing in some future CP2077 store so that V does not look like they hang out at a second-hand store.

I am also not too concerned about graphics and performance. My tolerance here is very high. Night City is something that CDPR should be proud of. It looks pretty good.

My main beef with the game, and the thing that makes this the newest No Man's Sky or Fallout 76, is that the stories included are just not something that make me want to play the game again. By the time Hello and Bethesda fixed their games, I had forgotten about them. Momentum lost. Even if CDPR drops any premise that everything is OK in this department and starts working on fleshed out stories, it will take them years to recover.

They need to fix the bugs and performance problems with the game, and they need to fix consoles. My thinking is that this is not enough, and if they even try, it will take so long that I won't care anymore.

Like I said... mixed feelings.

Free DLCs can mean a lot of things. A lot. DLC is just downloadable content but the simple fact is that they can definitely brand any content you download from them as DLC. It doesn't matter what type of content it is or whether you pay for it or not, it can be considered DLC.

Judging from how CDPR tends to do things (which is the bare minimum required for them to keep their word), this "free DLC" will likely contain just few extra color schemes for vehicles and clothes. Maybe a hairstyle.

Me, I don't mind paying for things, as long as those are good, worthwhile things. CP2077 has ginormous potential, I hope they are going to keep at adding things to it for years to come, the same way Rockstar has done with GTA5.

If they really want to get their good rep back, they have at least to have everything officially said about the game. I will personally watch for the "amazing roleplay possibilities which take into account everything the player does during a gig, even going to eat a hot dog, and the possibility to finish the game without doing the main quest thanks to the side quests effects".

ya1

Forum regular
Just because Marcin Iwiński didn't come out and say "We'll overhaul everything and give you a thousand extra quests" doesn't mean none of that is happening.

It means exactly that. If there were indeed a thousand extra quests, Iwinski would come out and say they got a million extra quests and a free pizza for everyone (with the toppings depndant on your deep RPG choices).

It means exactly that. If there were indeed a thousand extra quests, Iwinski would come out and say they got a million extra quests and a free pizza for everyone.

I seriously have no intention of getting into an argument about something you can't prove and neither can I.

You go ahead and keep interpreting it however you want.

If they really want to get their good rep back, they have at least to have everything officially said about the game. I will personally watch for the "amazing roleplay possibilities which take into account everything the player does during a gig, even going to eat a hot dog, and the possibility to finish the game without doing the main quest thanks to the side quests effects".

I think I read someone, or maybe it was in legacykilla's video that the fact you can finish the game without finishing the main quest was badly translated.

NOTE: when I actually started writing this, it was on point I think...the thread has taken a darker turn in the last 20 or so mins but, by god I spent time writing it, I'm hint the post button ;) )

Well, look it...I've logged right at 200 hours, finished three playthroughs and in my opinion, as far as content goes, there's a couple places where CDPR could honestly drop in a content block that would fill out the story and it would be seemless.

The easiest is in ACT 1. The six months of edgerunning with Jackie and building up cred going into the Heist.

That was an easy one to pick. After that it gets more controversial. I think there needs to be more interaction with the richly developed NPCs. This isn’t a “we need more romance” thing, not at all. If they would develop more going on with the MAIN NPC you have chosen, I think it would go a LONG damn way to filling out the story and making it FEEL more immersive.

Anything more, content wise, would have to come from major expansions; for example, expanding / extending V’s story or adding more Lifepaths (they have already introduced the ‘idea’ of techies, rockers and medias). I don’t think ‘free DLC’ could cover this but it might…especially if it’s already coded in the system, all it would require is an unlock I guess.

Everything else I could come up with was actually ‘fixes’…not really CONTENT.

NOTE: when I actually started writing this, it was on point I think...the thread has taken a darker turn in the last 20 or so mins but, by god I spent time writing it, I'm hint the post button ;) )

Well, look it...I've logged right at 200 hours, finished three playthroughs and in my opinion, as far as content goes, there's a couple places where CDPR could honestly drop in a content block that would fill out the story and it would be seemless.

The easiest is in ACT 1. The six months of edgerunning with Jackie and building up cred going into the Heist.

That was an easy one to pick. After that it gets more controversial. I think there needs to be more interaction with the richly developed NPCs. This isn’t a “we need more romance” thing, not at all. If they would develop more going on with theMAIN NPC you have chosen, I think it would go a LONG damn way to filling out the story and making it FEEL more immersive.

Anything more, content wise, would have to come from major expansions; for example, expanding / extending V’s story or adding more Lifepaths (they have already introduced the ‘idea’ of techies, rockers and medias). I don’t think ‘free DLC’ could cover this but it might…especially if it’s already coded in the system, all it would require is an unlock I guess.

Everything else I could come up with was actually ‘fixes’…not really CONTENT.

The 6 months montage is a bit of a sore point.

There is some obvious cut content in there. I mean, how else can anyone explain how you literally hand a briefcase to Padre after doing a job for him (during the montage) but the first time you walk into his neighborhood it's suddenly the first time you meet? Especially since it's later revealed that Padre has been a long time friend of Jackie, yet he couldn't even remember the partner he ran with for 6 months and did a job for him with?

I don't think CDPR is going to revisit that. IMO they should leave it alone at that point and massively extend other areas.

I hope this game gets the overhaul it needs to become what it was originally envisioned to be.
I fear it won't though.

Time will tell. After a few updates I think that will be easier to see the direction being taken.
I will reevaluate the situation when the next gen update hits consoles.
By that time, we already should have information about what we can expect from the expansions.

If they dont deliver what I want (or better that many people want to see - post credit dlc), I will not buy it.

I don't know about an overhaul. Last gen consoles maybe. I hope not.

I think a better questions is "how far from 'complete' do the devs know the game is?". How long would it take to fix existing issues and add in all the "cut content". It also depends on how they handle the workload. If the article from Bloomberg is accurate (I will assume it is) then CDPR can't manage their way out of a paper bag. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but it is something that needs to be corrected.

When one of your guys asks "How are we supposed to finish this...?" you don't respond with "We'll figure it out.". You never ever say, "we'll figure it out". The ONE exception is when something unexpected and completely out of anyone's control happens. Then you say, "We're working on it. Until we have an answer, it's business as usual". Then you work on it and comeback with an answer. AN ANSWER. The manager is the person who provides the team with the direction and resources needed to complete a given task.

I don't know about an overhaul. Last gen consoles maybe. I hope not.

I think a better questions is "how far from 'complete' do the devs know the game is?". How long would it take to fix existing issues and add in all the "cut content". It also depends on how they handle the workload. If the article from Bloomberg is accurate (I will assume it is) then CDPR can't manage their way out of a paper bag. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but it is something that needs to be corrected.

When one of your guys asks "How are we supposed to finish this...?" you don't respond with "We'll figure it out.". You never ever say, "we'll figure it out". The ONE exception is when something unexpected and completely out of anyone's control happens. Then you say, "We're working on it. Until we have an answer, it's business as usual". Then you work on it and comeback with an answer. AN ANSWER. The manager is the person who provides the team with the direction and resources needed to complete a given task.
According to Marcin iwinski, the pc version is basically finished (except big fixes).

nope they should just ditch that toxic greifing troll shit called online multiplayer we have RDO and GTO to do that for us.
As we dont know anything about the MP segment of the game yet, i'd say thats a bit harsh🤣.

Not very excited for it myself, all i wanted was a deep immersive Cyberpunk RPG. Guess im better of with the pen and paper version.
But if the Multiplayer turns out to be running about the city, with your pals, tracking down bounties, and doing gigs for fixers... Well i won't mind that.

According to Marcin iwinski, the pc version is basically finished (except big fixes).
Yeah, he was keeping everyone's eyes on the bugs instead of missing or cut content.

They (CDPR's PR) know that bugs are what most people will notice and complain about. The content issues are less known as most consumers don't pay enough attention to a product's development or have the necessary knowledge to determine if the product is "actually" good.

Basically Marcin touched on only what CDPR felt was the biggest issue with the most legal/monetary consequences. As well as acknowledging any other issues would just add fuel to the fire.

I think the "Apology" video was good for the company. It did nothing for the consumer. The Bloomberg article is kinda whatever. I assume it is true, but only in a very general sense. Kinda hard to say CDPR is some corrupt corp and then not hold that to say Bloomberg. Honestly I don't believe a word that comes out of the Media's mouth. The article could just be a bandwagon piece to get some clicks.

Regardless, CP2077's release did not go as expected. Something went wrong.

How so? Most of these characters acted in a way that seemed outside of their character. Let's take Evelyn. She is a doll roped into getting scans of Yori's place. Tries to make money on the side by getting a fixer involved. Look people in that line of work have streetsmarts. WHY would she go back to the clouds to work after everything that went down? MADNESS. She should have been on the run. If that is a masterclass in character development then we will never see eye to eye on that for sure. In my opinion, bad writing but ok.
OMG YES!!! This is completely stupid.

I honestly doubt it and even more so after the bloomberg article of Jason Schreier. Should that be true, it would mean the game was never in a state they showed people at E3. Meaning that there is really no cut content, the content was not there to begin with. But being completely honest, that is one of the biggest scams I have yet to see in gaming industry, given the article is indeed correct.
There is no cut content, just another empty game.

Top Bottom