So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
CP's problems is not rooted in performance.
When low performance on consoles is responsible for taking away time that otherwise could have been used for developing immersion and AI (mechanics), than it actually is a performance issue.

Sure but then that's on him for leaving such broad interpretation of what he means by missing content when everything mentioned was bundled together. Honestly I lost hope for the future of this game but if they turn around and surprise me then that's that, I'm actually a bit glad some are still holding on even tho with this recent interview I just dropped it, because if it works and they pull through, then this won't discourage people to make more Cyberpunk games in the future.
Unlikely you will hear what you(we) want to hear before second half this year.

If they tell you know, we are going to improvide on X,Y and Z, and they deliver only X and Y, you(we) will bitch about missing Z. Safer to just work as hard as they can, do as much as they can, and then tells "hey look there, we did X and Y"

I kinda thought the same However, CP2077 was first developed for PC and todays high-end PCs are like ten times better than the PS4. GTA V on the other hand was originally developed for Xbox 360 and then got updates for the upcoming platforms, which made it easy to be transferred.
Yeah I know, but on the other hand, PS4 have been on the market for a very long time and CDPR have been well aware of their limitations. Again, they must have looked at games like GTA 5 and what is possible and then adjust it accordingly. I don't have a PS4 so don't know what the differences are between GTA 5 on PS4 and that of PC, besides some graphic stuff I would assume?

I played a bit of GTA 5 and I don't recall there being a lot of loading screens either?

At least I would assume that CP with maybe some reduced settings etc, should be able to run on a PS4, if GTA 5 is.

Judging from how CDPR tends to do things (which is the bare minimum required for them to keep their word), this "free DLC" will likely contain just few extra color schemes for vehicles and clothes. Maybe a hairstyle.
I guess you don't own the Witcher 3 and all its extra content. Among the game's free DLCs were not only skins for characters like Yennifer, Ciri or Triss, but also a few new side-quests. And then the paid expansions, especially Blood & Wine, added content worth an entirely separate game. Got the complete package for a total of €50 on my Xbox One, and after playing through the entire game, I feel as if I should've bought all of it full-price when it came out instead of waiting for price cuts. It's that good, in my opinion.

And it is based on that experience, that I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for Cyberpunk 2077 without a second thought, and why I have faith that this game will yet turn out to be the masterpiece it deserves to be, even though I already enjoy it plenty on my Xbox One X. Yes, it has bugs, like one often preventing me from using my Nekomata unless I reload the most recent save, and the game crashes once every eight hours of play, but it auto-saves plenty, and I've yet to lose more than five minutes of play time whenever I need to reload, so :shrug:

Honestly, sounds like a lot of people want it to completely fail. I for one am optimistic about this games future. I quite enjoy playing it, 200+ hours so far. I have not encountered many bugs or glitches. That being said the AI definitely needs a rework, along with the wanted system and fully implement a 3rd person actor. It has been just over 6 weeks since launch, and yes, they did bite off more than they could chew with last gen consoles. This should have been scrapped and focused on the latest gen and PC. I know that is a sore point with some cause they don't have the latest gen console or PC but that is why you save money, so you can buy new things. I believe they will rework core systems but it will take some time. Bug and crash fixers first. Again I have only had one CTD in the hours I have played.

For me it has completely failed but that does not mean that I do not want CDPR to make this the game they claimed it would be. What it does mean, for me personally, is that I am unwilling to leave good money idle while I wait for that to happen. I have no obligations to CDPR (they cannot say the same) legal or otherwise, and while they continue to signal an obstinate refusal to accept valid criticism my position on this game will remain the same. When I hear from those whose opinion aligns with my own that the game has undegone significant improvements I will return with new money to consume their content.

I'm happy you have had that much pleasure from the game, but I have not and your pleasure does not supercede my displeasure and vice versa.

When low performance on consoles is responsible for taking away time that otherwise could have been used for developing immersion and AI, than it actually is a performance issue.

That is not what I meant. Perfomance is an issue, yes. But after fixing the technical side, the game is mediocre and lackluster in too many ways.

Also polishing the tech for older systems takes no resources form the quest designers or from balancing the skill trees. 90% of the side activites feel like work and the play exactly the same. Most of them are just steal, destroy or kill. In one word violence. You can't solve the majority of these mission by talking. It's by design.

Geralt and V are both mercenaries. But in the witcher series you solve a lot by talking.

For me it has completely failed but that does not mean that I do not want CDPR to make this the game they claimed it would be. What it does mean, for me personally, is that I am unwilling to leave good money idle while I wait for that to happen. I have no obligations to CDPR (they cannot say the same) legal or otherwise, and while they continue to signal an obstinate refusal to accept valid criticism my position on this game will remain the same. When I hear from those whose opinion aligns with my own that the game has undegone significant improvements I will return with new money to consume their content.

I'm happy you have had that much pleasure from the game, but I have not and your pleasure does not supercede my displeasure and vice versa.

And I completely understand your view point. You have the right to your opinion and choices where and to whom you spend your money. No one has obligations to CDPR "unless they work for them" they provide us games. And I do agree that what was advertised is far from what we got. I don't blindly support them but do enjoy the game. I can only speak for myself though. But I do have faith that they will rework/overhaul systems to align it to somewhat which was advertised.

No.
Just fixes and that's it. Massive overhaul in that case means re-designing the whole game. Not going to happen, they already make money on CP2077.

That is not what I meant. Perfomance is an issue, yes. But after fixing the technical side, the game is mediocre and lackluster in too many ways.
I know what you mean, but I disagree. imo, "lackluster in too many ways" are not issues that exist aside of performance issues. They exist because of the performance issues.

Last edited:
No.
Just fixes and that's it. Massive overhaul in that case means re-designing the whole game. Not going to happen, they already make money on CP2077.

This. To fix the true problems of the game CDPR would have to scrap the work of the last four years. Some mistakes have been made in the design phase. This is not going to happen.

They are better off planning a sequel. They already know how to do it wrong. Next time should be a lot better

Seems to be exactly what CDPR thought, too.
And, in general, it should.

However, the Jaguar CPUs of the last-gen consoles were, certainly performance-wise, already pretty much obsolete when they were introduced. Whereas the GPUs could be considered mid-range back in 2013, the CPUs were near the bottom of the low end, and you'll notice many a game on the older generation of consoles is CPU limited, resulting in NPCs being cut back compared to PC or performance tumbling in areas with lots of NPCs, like Novigrad in the Witcher 3.

And then there's the slow disk drives to make matters worse. Even by 2013 standards, the disk drives used in the Xbox One and PS4 were slow as hell, and literally any external drive, regardless of whether it be an SSD or HDD, is faster. I've used an external 6TB drive for my Xbox One since launch, and my load times are pretty consistent and always faster than any internal solution, including the '40% faster' drive in the Xbox One X. Blame it on them using the long obsolete SATA II standard instead of the, even in 2013, already commonplace SATA III.

This. To fix the true problems of the game CDPR would have to scrap the work of the last four years. Some mistakes have been made in the design phase. This is not going to happen.

They are better off planning a sequel. They already know how to do it wrong. Next time should be a lot better
I do believe they will go back to the Witcher series, as this is what they do best.

And, in general, it should.

However, the Jaguar CPUs of the last-gen consoles were, certainly performance-wise, already pretty much obsolete when they were introduced. Whereas the GPUs could be considered mid-range back in 2013, the CPUs were near the bottom of the low end, and you'll notice many a game on the older generation of consoles is CPU limited, resulting in NPCs being cut back compared to PC or performance tumbling in areas with lots of NPCs, like Novigrad in the Witcher 3.

And then there's the slow disk drives to make matters worse. Even by 2013 standards, the disk drives used in the Xbox One and PS4 were slow as hell, and literally any external drive, regardless of whether it be an SSD or HDD, is faster. I've used an external 6TB drive for my Xbox One since launch, and my load times are pretty consistent and always faster than any internal solution, including the '40% faster' drive in the Xbox One X. Blame it on them using the long obsolete SATA II standard instead of the, even in 2013, already commonplace SATA III.
Oh boi, these old gen consoles... I don't know how many times I had to repair my Sega Dreamcast by putting toothpicks between the contact plates on the mainboard.

And I completely understand your view point. You have the right to your opinion and choices where and to whom you spend your money. No one has obligations to CDPR "unless they work for them" they provide us games. And I do agree that what was advertised is far from what we got. I don't blindly support them but do enjoy the game. I can only speak for myself though. But I do have faith that they will rework/overhaul systems to align it to somewhat which was advertised.

I have no doubt that they have the ability to deliver on expectations and to go further still. My doubts are not directed at developers, artists, musicians (what a cracker of a soundtrack, imo one of the greatest ever made) or those who got their hands dirty creating the game. Management on the other hand... good grief... what an appallingly bad series of decisions. Marketing on the other foot... despicable.

I do believe they will get there in the end, and I really want the old CDPR back because they were my friends.

Last edited:
I'm not excusing CDPR. I'm saying both the media and some players are ridiculously overreacting. Especially the media is actually quite unfair in this regard, given how they've covered up for even worse releases in the past. For several journalists, it's almost as if they weren't interested in writing anything positive in the first place. Maybe peeved because they didn't get any exclusives during the development process or something? Maybe their goodiebag wasn't special enough to sell on ebay? I don't care, but they are to blame for overreacting and creating a largely negative atmosphere, ignoring litteraly millions of players who do enjoy the game, who do think they got value for their money, and who can't wait for the game to get even better than that with future updates.
Seriously, there is no need to read articles with negative vibes, to have a opinion. You just have to play the game.
We all got eyes and if somebody can look over the flaws and have there fun of their life that is okay. But if persons can't, then it has nothing to do with it that they are brainwashed from journalists.

They gonna patch up the game, maybe develop 1 big dlc and the suits going to push CDPR to start working on the witcher 4 coz the DLC wont meet the financial expectations.

Hell, after the disastrous CP77 release, I wouldn't be surprised if the Witcher 4 is already in pre-production.

I have no doubt that they have the ability to deliver on expectations and to go further still. My doubts are not directed at developers, artists, musicians (what a cracker of a soundtrack, imo one of the greatest ever made) or those who got their hands dirty creating the game. Management on the other hand... good grief... what an appallingly bad series of decisions. Marketing on the other foot... despicable.

I do believe they will get there in the end, and I really want the old CDPR back because they were my friends.

This. I completely agree with you. It is unfortunate that what has happened, this truly was a lot of bad calls on managements behalf, and marketing. I just hope our voices get heard and they turn it around. I believe they can and will, there is too much noise from us to just bug fix and patch out glitches. I most definitely want this game to succeed in the end and have a long life. There is so much right and good with this world/City but also so much wrong, especially with 2020/21 systems "AI, physics and such" And yes the soundtrack is a banger! Again everyone is free to feel and voice their concerns and opinions especially with how their money is spent, but if we just give up and focus on the negative "not saying you are focusing on the negative" things will never improve or change.

Top Bottom