So the development team is taking notes from Hearthstone?

+
So the development team is taking notes from Hearthstone?

Shaman used to be weak and the butt of many jokes. Then the devs decided to buff him in such a way he became good at everything without a single weak point(ok, perhaps control Shaman was weak but control in HS is just lol). Does this remind you of something? If you say Nilfgaard you get yourself an e-cookie.

i fail to see the reason this game keeps getting compared to HS, mayhaps because of its potential? regardless i am Not a fan of nilfgard. maybe its because my deck isnt suited to play against them but whenever im faced against the black ones i insta forfeit, even in ranked unless im in a really good mood. its frustrating playing against them, the spying on your cards the card juggling mechanics seems unfair and there is way too many options available to nilfgard imo.

i play for the win and have fun, niether is very likely against them.

Last edited:
One of the reasons you see so many NG early on is that they start with one of their best golds right off the bat and that their initial silver is extremely good.

all in all, their starter deck is super solid.

but if we're talking full deck power level, SK is stronger and SC has almost as good, if not better, options compared to NG.

MO are still tinkered with and I'm pretty sure the hybrid lists are quite competitive even if not 100% figured out.

only NR lags behind imo.

Given the gargantuan quantity of changes from CB to OB, the amount of balance we have seems quite the feat.

Comparing it to HS just because one faction has gotten slightly better is a pretty poor argument. In time every faction is going to get better or worse, it's called balancing.

PackingMoney;n8684530 said:
Comparing it to HS just because one faction has gotten slightly better is a pretty poor argument. In time every faction is going to get better or worse, it's called balancing.

Slightly lol... The faction went from low tier to broken in 1 patch.

Nilfgaard has the best starter deck for sure, however once you start getting more cards the game balances out. Talking about balance less then a week in is kind of insane to be honest.

Moridin2244;n8686090 said:
Nilfgaard has the best starter deck for sure, however once you start getting more cards the game balances out. Talking about balance less then a week in is kind of insane to be honest.
In fact people should stop crying about every little thing. Imho the meta is really diverse with all faction capable of playing at high level (with maybe NR that need a slight help). The meta need time to develop and settle.
The only thing that should be tweaked fast is the weather system that is too much of a tempo gain asap especially the gold ones.

I totally agree. I'm not running what I would call a great meta deck but I'm winning 70% of my games just due to the fact I have better cards then most. It's how CCG's work especially early on, right now things are like the wild west around here. It'll take time to settle down and figure out what is really good or not. Hell I don't find NG that hard to be honest, as they're so similar to the closed beta I know mostly what to expect and I account for it.

DMaster2;n8686440 said:
The only thing that should be tweaked fast is the weather system that is too much of a tempo gain asap especially the gold ones.

I agree I think the Golden Weather cards are so obviously OP it's not even funny. RNR/Drought is insane even with a clear skies in your hand or the ability to draw and play one its still a potential 9 point swing, one lost round, and a loss of opportunity. Plus the cards are so easy to set up bait some clear skies with Fog or Ice and drop a RNR and its Round Over at least.

Never ever compare how insanely unbalanced shaman is to any thing Gwent. I play SK and have a 70% win rate against NF. They definitely aren't op as every one make it seem to be.

This game looks dead to me even in open beta.
I am a new player and already getting disappointed and frustrated with it.
Just hit lvl 10, started some ranked with my deck constructed from whatever I had and all I meet is Scoiatel deck spamming spells I can't even play against, NG or Monsters, but they are playable against at least.
No variety, same 2-3 decks all the time that I have no chance to beat with my freshman cards. Boring, frustrating and super unbalanced.
Way to attract new players CDPR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom