Some basic questions and trying to understand the terminology

+
Some basic questions and trying to understand the terminology

I have been playing gwent for the past few days and played it little bit when it was in closed beta but I never heard some of the words popping up in this game now. For instance, what is mulligan?

Here are some other questions that I have if anyone can please answer:

- When scraping spare cards, does that mean I will be left with only unique cards and will not have any replicates? I'm asking this because most of my decks revolves around using many same cards in them. Please clarify this for me because I do have more than 3 replicates of many cards in my collection.

- For this question, I need help understanding a silver card. I was using this spy card which supposedly set the power of all the units to the lowest card. I forgot its name and it was not working as I thought. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please enlighten me.

If you guys have any other advice or feedback to understand the general mechanics please let me know (expecially skellige and sociatael related mechanics).

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hopefully a mod can move this to the General forum?

With respect to CCGs, "to Mulligan" means discarding cards to draw new ones. In GWENT specifically, it is used as a trigger for some Scoia'Tael cards.

As far as scrapping goes, anything over 3x Bronze or 1x Silver/Gold is considered "spare".

Last edited:
Lights0ff

A good place to start is by checking out the Gwent Forum Index which has a number of links to interesting threads.

Lights0ff;n8908990 said:
I have been playing gwent for the past few days and played it little bit when it was in closed beta but I never heard some of the words popping up in this game now. For instance, what is mulligan?
Giomancer;n8909720 said:
With respect to CCGs, "to Mulligan" means discarding cards to draw new ones.

Mulligan does NOT discard cards in Gwent. There is a thread here that explains how mulliganing works in Gwent.

Lights0ff;n8908990 said:
- When scraping spare cards [...]

A deck can only have 3 of the same bronze cards and no duplicate silver or gold cards are allowed. Anything above that are considered spare cards. However, there are two exceptions:
  1. Premium (animated) cards are not considered spare when you already have the normal version.
  2. Cards with the same name but different artwork (trio cards, e.g. Queensguard) are not considered spare when you have different artworks.
Lights0ff;n8908990 said:
I was using this spy card which supposedly set the power of all the units to the lowest card. I forgot its name and it was not working as I thought. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please enlighten me.

You are talking about Sabrina Glevissig:

Deathwish: Set all Units on the row to the Power of the Lowest Unit on the row.

For her to trigger, she needs to die first. This is what the keyword 'Deathwish' means.

Top Bottom