Some GG / no GG statistics

+
Some GG / no GG statistics

(I have no idea how this thread ended up in Tech Support. I thought it was in General)

I took notes about the opponent's GG behaviour over the last 25 matches. I generally (rule of the thumb) give GG if I win. But if I loose (unless I had a really good time), then I wait if opponent gives it before I decide if I give it. That usually leads to "if he gave one, then he gets one; if he didn't give one, then screw him."

I do that, because giving GG without receiving in return caused a bunch of negative emotions in me in the start of the beta.

So, here's the numbers so far:

5 = 20% of the opponents did not click that button.

I run a Scoia deck with Traps and the main purpose is to mess up my opponent's strategy. "Cheap and awful wins" might happen due to the nature of the deck (for example a Milva pulled out of my rear as the very last move when he already autopassed) or other annoying stuff of the sort. So, my numbers might be higher than average.

Anyway, let's see now...

These 5 dudes not giving GG were:

3 Northern Realm (out of 7 = 43% of the Northeners did not GG)
2 Monsters (out of 9 = 22% of the Monsters did not GG)
0 Scoia (out of 5 = 0% of the Scoia did not GG)
0 Skellige (out of 4 = 0% of the Skellige did not GG)

It's not clearly connected to them winning or losing (3 refused it after winning, 2 refused it after losing - of course, the winners might follow a similar rule of the thumb as I do and "if the loser gives GG, then so shall I, and that awful Scoia cow refused the GG. Bad mannered bitch!" or something).

In 3 of those matches, nothing that I would call a "cheap win" (like pulling Milva out of my arse in the last second) happened.

In the two other matches, cheap nasty things did happen:
  • Toruviel won one of the matches (and he was a newbie who kept staring bewildered at each of my cards - so he probably thinks that I cheated),
  • and the other was a horrible case of "I had all 4 of my golden cards and a bunch of silvers in my hand" (while he ran a newbie deck - so he probably thought that I must have spent thousands of €€€ to buy kegs.)
I can absolutely understand rage in those cases.

Speaking of newbie decks, I would label 3 of them "newbies", while two of them had full blown decks with advanced cards (one had multiple golden cards, the other had a full range of those blasted reinforced trebuchets).

"Newbie" are identified by a combination of:
  • deck/hand had no advanced cards
  • he starts with the cow :p
  • his reaction times show that he has to still contemplate his every move
  • he keeps staring at my cards like he's never seen them before
  • odd moves ignoring synergies in his cards
  • he tries stuff similar to the "lacerate that Hawk Support"-move (I do not use Hawk Supports, but that's the gist of it.)
Of course, it might just be an advanced player trying to pretend to be a newbie to pull my guard down. That's a tactic I sometimes employ as well. :p

A "newbie" not hitting the GG button can be explained by: "he might think that GG button causes him to give away his own materials to that other person". Or by: "he probably already had a losing streak and then this happened. Final drop in the bucket."

Will update the statistics as I get more numbers.

Hm, maybe I should also track the "opponent wanted to 'benevolently educate me about the awesomeness of his hand by playing his remaining cards after I passed round 3' (AKA 'stupid twat is gloating')" things and look for connections.

Last edited:
I normally don't give GG to people who:

1. played Philippa (even if I win at the end) or other out of the blue game winning cards;
2. keep laying more than one card after they win;
3. play cheap uninteresting OP strategy, but I give GG to some newbie who don't know how to apply reinforced trebuchet strategy but trying to do it anyway.

I would like an option to reject the GG.
I don't give GG to people that :
1. Already bought every card and send you GG when they stomp you
2. To people winning thanks to Eredin picking the best minion in the last round when you are 1 cards vs 1 card with your opponent.
3. To people topdecking last round 1 priestess of Freya and it's their only card in hand and chain reviving all Freyas and other minions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teehee, seems everyone hates different things. ;)

I really only get ulcers when I see that Foltest ("oh joy, another cookiecutter golden abomination crap about to happen."), but have had laughing fits when the opponent would pull a priestess of Freya out of his rear as the last card and win that way or when he would graciously put a Rain over my heavily buffed siege row as their final move.

Depends on the length of the current lose streak, of course.

Also of course on the current motivation. If I just play to get that next keg and I lose to such "cheap and cruel" moves, then I am also annoyed. If I play to screw with some minds, then I do not mind stuff like that at all and might actually be impressed.

why are u so obsessed about gg? is it really worth those 5 materials (ore/scrap)? i always give gg no matter what happens because in the end every game is a good game for me. just because some cards are not properly balanced doesnt mean the person who plays it is a bad person.

giannis91;n6885260 said:
Yes it is. Got any problem? Or you are another donator bought all the cards and got butthurt?
Yeah. You need to understand that people are lvl 20-30 now.

That's what, 2 weeks ahead of you, if you start now?

I know that I did not spend any €€s on kegs. I also know that I got Yen, Geralt:Igni, Milva, Ciaran, Toruviel, Decoy from kegs, crafted my Ciri, Ida, various 30-80 scrap units to complete my deck, and am very close now to the 800 scraps needed for Aglais. I got good stuff for the other factions too and am annoyed that the game keeps throwing good Northern cards at me instead of cards that I'd actually enjoy.

Not everyone with better cards is a "donator who bought all the cards".

Anyway, the gap will close because after a while, the older player's deck is beautiful and shiny and more golden cards won't improve it anymore (because you can only run 4 golden cards and 6 silvers anyway). While yours gets better with every win and every GG.

Last edited:
Several posts has been deleted. Please keep the conversation civilized and do not insult or ridicule other members. You are free to disagree, but keep the posts polite and respect other opinions even if those are different than yours.

Master_Kenobi;n6884870 said:
why are u so obsessed about gg? is it really worth those 5 materials (ore/scrap)? i always give gg no matter what happens because in the end every game is a good game for me. just because some cards are not properly balanced doesnt mean the person who plays it is a bad person.

Master_Kenobi;n6884870 said:

That's exactly what I do. In other games where opponent behaviour is quantificable (team killers, insulting of chats...)I'd probably be more careful about rewarding gg, but in Gwent, what counts as GG? If someone hand me my ass, that's my own problem...
The only thing I expect when beta phase is over is a proper matching balance, so newbies or casual players don't have to deal with overpowered decks. Otherwise, I'm good. Have fun!

So, I have some more data. I think it's a good idea to track the GG/no GG statistics on a daily basis instead of mashing it all together.

2016-11-04
19 matches
4x no GG (21% of total matches)

Those no GGs came from:
2 Monsters (20% of the 8 Monster matches)
2 Northern (50% of the 4 Northern matches)
0 Scoia (0% of the 4 Scoia matches)
0 Skellige (0% of the 3 Skellige matches)

2016-11-05
28 matches
2x no GG (11% of total matches)

Those no GGs came from:
0 Monsters (0% of 15 Monster matches)
2 Northern (18% of 11 Northern matches)
0 Scoia (0% of 1 Scoia match) *he lost connection
0 Skellige (0% of 1 Skellige match)

2016-11-06
20 matches
2x no GG (10% of total matches)

Those no GGs came from:
0 Monsters (0% of 9 Monster matches)
1 Northern (25% of 4 Northern matches)
0 Scoia (0% of 5 Scoia matches)
1 Skellige (50% of 2 Skellige matches) [my first execution of Aglais on Commander's Horn]

So, the "no GG" is less prevalent currently than it seemed before.

My prejudice against the Northern clone warriors seems founded on actual facts though....:
8x no GG in total during the 3 days

5x no GG after they had won
1 Monsters
4 Northern

3x no GG after they had lost
1 Monster [all 4 golds and bunch of silvers in hand vs Newbie deck]
1 Northern [Toruviel won the game]
1 Skellige [Aglais and Commander's Horn turned what looked like a clear Skellige win into a clear Skellige loss]

I would personally call the "no GG after they had won" the "Bad Mannered Rotten Apples" (BMRA) - they won, but they deemed themselves above clicking that button.

5 matches out of a total of 67 matches during those 3 days = 7% BMRAs

(and yeah, they might see that BMRA behaviour justified. "That Scoia troll interrupted my moves so that I did not get 300:5 points! BAH!")

Will add more statistics as I get them. I find this interesting.

Though not Tech Support appropriate. I really am actually sure that I made the thread in General, but it moved over to Tech Support.

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n6904770 said:
I see that your Gwent investigations are up and running again :p
:p

(Could you shove this thread to General, where it probably belongs? I'm really not reporting bugs or tech issues here...

If I posted it here myself, then it was an accident; if it was shoved into this subforum, then I think it was a mistake by the mod; if it moved here on its own (maybe because I kept editing the OP so much), then this seems a bug of the forum software.)

Lytha;n6905740 said:
:p

(Could you shove this thread to General, where it probably belongs? I'm really not reporting bugs or tech issues here...

If I posted it here myself, then it was an accident; if it was shoved into this subforum, then I think it was a mistake by the mod; if it moved here on its own (maybe because I kept editing the OP so much), then this seems a bug of the forum software.)

I could, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work right now. Strange things has happened in these forums lately and we do seem to have some technical problems time to time... :p This thread probably got here by accident, but we'll move this to General section once we are able to do that :)

Last edited:
Lytha : thank's for the hard work.

I tend to GG every one, winning or losing as even if I don't like this system, I don't care giving stuff without reciprocity.
The only time when I don't GG someone is when they rub your face playing all theirs cards.
And no, it won't educate me in playing better, forums are here for that.

Time for an update of the statistics. :p

Last statistics posting in this thread is here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...00#post6904400

2016-11-07
14 matches
2x "no GG" (14% of total matches)

Those "no GG" came from:
1 Monsters (20% of 5 Monster matches)
1 Northern (20% of 5 Northern matches)
0 Scoia (0% of 0 matches)
0 Skellige (0% of 4 matches)

Both happened after opponent lost.

2016-11-08
14 matches
4x "no GG" (29% of total matches)

Those "no GG" came from:
0 Monsters (0% of 5 matches)
2 Northern (50% of 4 matches)
1 Scoia (50% of 2 matches)
1 Skellige (33% of 3 matches)

Negatively noteable here are:
1 Northern "no GG" after he won
1 Scoia "no GG" after he won

= 2 new Bad Mannered Rotten Apples

That was election day in the USA. Maybe people felt stressed and were thus ruder than normal?

2016-11-09
5 matches
0x "no GG"

0 Monsters (0% of 1 match)
0 Northern (0% of 2 matches)
0 Scoia (0% of 0 matches)
0 Skellige (0% of 2 matches)

Tiny, tiny sample. No reliability of data of this day on its own.

2016-11-10
16 matches
1x "no GG"

This "no GG" came from:
0 Monsters (0% out of 4 matches)
0 Northern (0% out of 3 matches)
1 Scoia (25% out of 4 matches)
0 Skellige (0% of 5 matches)

Happened after opponent lost. He's excused.

2016-11-11
16 matches
1x "no GG"

This "no GG" came from:
0 Monsters (0% of 5 matches)
1 Northern (25% of 4 matches)
0 Scoia (0% of 1 matches)
0 Skellige (0% of 6 matches)

Negatively noteable:
1 new Northern BMRA ("no GG" after winning)

Statistics over the total amount of matches since 2016-11-04:
132 matches

52 Monster matches (39% of total)
37 Northern matches (28% of total)
17 Scoia matches (13% of total)
26 Skellige matches (20% of total)

Yeah, still Monster dominance, but it seems to get more even. Skellige is currently definitely on the rise.

17 "no GG" in total (13% of all matches)

3 Monster "no GG" (18% of all "no GG"); (6% of the total monster matches)
10 Northern "no GG" (59% of all "no GG"); (27% of the total northern matches)
2 Scoia "no GG" (12% of all "no GG"); (10% of the total scoia matches)
2 Skellige "no GG" (12% of all "no GG"); (8% of the total skellige matches)

So, here we see that Northeners are really abnormally represented in the "no GG" giving group.

Let's look at the Bad Mannered Rotten Apples now (no GG after a win).

8 BMRAs in total (6% of the total matches)

1 Monsters BMRA (13% of all BMRAs); (2% of total monster matches)
6 Northern BMRAs (75% of all BMRAs); (16% of total northern matches)
1 Scoia BMRA (13% of all BMRAs); (6% of total scoia matches)
0 Skellige BMRA (0% of all BMRAs); (0% of the total skellige matches)

=> 16% of the Northeners feel that they are above clicking the GG button after winning.
That is far above the average. In fact, without the Northeners, the average would be massively lower than it currently is.

Yeah well. Let's keep in mind though that this means that 84% of the Northeners have Good Manners, too. Not all of them are BMRAs, though most of the BMRAs are part of this specific group.

Also, in general, the "no GG"s are decreasing currently.

Things may change when all the guys who applied for beta finally arrive in the course of the next week and meet my Geralt: Igni, Toruviel and Milva "cheap and awful wins" ("omg this game is p2w!") :p

Last edited:
I think you are missing out one of the (if not THE) most important statistics; the rate of gg's you receive when you win and wen you loose regardless of factions.

From my personal experience, when i win i receive about 60~70% gg.

When i lost about 90% (almost always).

What that says to me? Says that people generally are salty and sore losers.

Laveley;n6935110 said:
I think you are missing out one of the (if not THE) most important statistics; the rate of gg's you receive when you win and wen you loose regardless of factions.

From my personal experience, when i win i receive about 60~70% gg.

When i lost about 90% (almost always).

What that says to me? Says that people generally are salty and sore losers.
Okay, let's see.

132 total matches
73 wins
59 losses

9x I won and got "no GG" (12% of the wins got "no GG")
64x I won and got GG (88% of the wins got GG)

8x I lost and got "no GG" (14% of the losses got "no GG")
51x I lost and got GG (86% of the losses got GG)

=> I don't see any significant difference there.

I do have an explanation for the abnormally high Northern rudeness though. As I wrote in the OP, I follow the GG rule:

If I win, I will GG (unless for GG farmers)
If I lose:
- I may GG immediately if I had a really good time and enjoyed the match
- else, I wait if opponent gives GG. If he does, I return it. If he does not GG, I say "screw him" and don't GG either.

So. Combine a high allergy against Northern Foltest Clone Wars with this rule. Against Northeners, I sit more often on the reward screen and wait for them to click GG first than with other factions.

If they, on the other hand, follow a different rule "the other person has to GG first, else I won't", then this results in more northern BMRAs in my statistic.

Heck, while I am at it, let's see the win%s.

Total
132 matches
73 won (55% total win%)
59 lost (45% total lose%)

Monsters
52 monster matches
32 won (61% wins against monsters)
20 lost (39% lose against monsters)

Northern
37 northern matches
17 won (46% wins against northern)
20 lost (54% lost against northern)

Scoia
17 scoia matches
10 won (59% wins against scoia)
7 lost (41% lost against scoia)

Skellige
26 skellige matches
14 won (54% wins against skellige)
12 lost (46% lost against skellige)

=> my deck performs better for monsters, worse for northern than average.
Fascinating. :p

And back to "Northerners are BMRAs"... yeah. Higher lose% on my end, plus my allergy against them, plus my ruleset for GGing => Northeners definitely "have to GG first" more often than players of the other factions.

Which they apparently won't do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom