Some Known Bugs (Outdated)

+
EDIT: With all the chaos around the holidays and the overwhelming number of reported bugs, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with this post any more :( Maybe someone else will take up the job with a new post

This post aims to be a comprehensive list of all known bugs across all platforms, and I hope to be able to update the list with the community's help (although due to my schedule, I might only be able to update once every couple days or so).

A note on spoilers: Please avoid spoilers. This is not a highly-specific bug report for CDPR to use to find all the bugs mentioned here, it is a list for the community to inform them of bugs, which platforms have them, and when they are fixed. One of the main reasons I wanted to make this list was for people who are waiting to play the game until most of these issues are resolved. So please be considerate and be suitably vague with your reports here. If you wish to inform CDPR of the issue, please make a separate topic for that in the platform-appropriate sub-forum of Technical.

To the community (and CDPR, if they care to participate): This list is too much for me to keep up with on my own. Please help me with this by commenting about additional bugs you find, knowledge of which bugs are exclusive to which platforms, and if a bug appears to be fixed. Thank you.

Current information on future patches: CDPR plans to have another patch released between DEC 14th and DEC 21st, and likely more as soon as they can finish them. Two major console-focused patches are planned. The first will release in January, with the second releasing in February.

Player character:
  • Health showing 0/0 when full
  • Breasts / genitals showing through clothing
  • Hair / clothing disappearing in mirrors
  • Hair / clothing disappearing in cutscenes
  • Player character falling through the floor / world (reported on PC)
  • Weapon-drawing animation issues
  • Player character unable to change weapons without reloading save
  • Player character getting stuck on level geometry
  • Unable to sprint / jump without reloading save
  • Player character respawning inside of NPCs
  • Character standing in vehicles / clipping through roof
  • Character T-posing, sometimes nude or without arms
  • Character being shot into the air by physics
NPCs:
  • Enemy levels scaling far too high compared to player level
  • NPCs looking like N64 polygon creatures
  • NPCs walking through solid objects
  • NPCs not animating properly during cutscenes (partially fixed in 1.04)
  • Duplicate quest NPCs
  • Enemies spotting the player through walls / after death
  • NPCs spawning in inaccessible or inappropriate areas (such as within walls)
  • NPCs stuck suspended in the air
  • NPCs popping in and out of existence
  • NPC pathing issues
  • NPCs standing in vehicles / clipping through roof
  • NPC T-posing, sometimes nude or without arms
  • NPCs being shot into the air by physics
  • NPCs misgender the player character in dialogue
Vehicles:
  • Carjacking doesn’t remove NPC from vehicle / causes other issues
  • Vehicles randomly flipping / shooting into the air / exploding
  • Vehicles not exhibiting proper collision
  • Vehicles missing roofs and other assets
  • Vehicles shaking / bouncing along road
  • Vehicles spawning in inappropriate locations
  • Vehicles disappearing
  • Vehicles getting stuck on flat surfaces
  • Vehicle pathing issues
  • Vehicle lights showing on surfaces when the lights are off on the model (reported on PC)
Environments & Objects:
  • Floating and / or duplicate cigarettes, mugs, etc. after NPCs use them in an animation
  • Textures failing to load for 10-20+ seconds
  • Elevator issues
  • Floating guns after killing enemies (partially fixed via day 1 patch)
  • Objects failing to load in
  • Physics objects behaving unrealistically or getting stuck to character models
  • Items glitched into the floor
  • When couching, stepping on objects forces you to stand (reported on PC)
Audio:
  • Crackling audio (reported on PC)
  • Missing sound effects / NPC dialogue
  • Overlapping dialogue / conversations
  • Cars screeching unnecessarily
  • Sound effects looping until reload save
  • Area music failing to load
  • Radio failing to load music
Weapons / Combat / Cyberware:
  • Intelligent bullets are broken for cetain builds, causing them to always fail
  • Certain weapons won't shoot during LDS
  • Smart gun reticle getting stuck during conversations
  • Missing stealth-takedown prompts
  • Unable to use gorilla arms at all (reported on PC)
  • Unable to use gorilla arms on doors and turrets
  • Unable to use grenades after exiting vehicles
  • Legendary weapons not appearing in inventory (reported on PC)
Other:
  • Photo mode issues (reported on PC)
  • Apartment icon appearing where it shouldn't (reported on PC)
  • Crafting bug: duplicate items when upgrading
  • Data mine reward issues
  • Fails to save settings after shutting down (reported on PS5)
  • Fast travel point outside V's apartment unusable
  • Performance issues (all platforms)
  • Crashing / failing to start
  • Save / reloading issues
  • Missing / incorrect items stats
  • UI issues
  • Scanner filter on during cutscenes
  • Clothing physics issues
  • Item-sorting issues
  • Camera issues during vehicle scenes
  • FOV changes and visual effects lingering after cutscenes
  • Can’t loot certain robotic enemies
  • Braindance effects causing seizures (fixed in 1.04)

Last edited:
Missing npc audio during the last part of car racing questline.
You can clip inside a building in the Kabuki district by jumping over a balcony. (ss attached)
photomode_13122020_180154.png

Audio: Music failing to load. Anyone have this issue? Music in cars is completely gone in my playthrough. Just driving in silence. Can pull ups station menu, cant select station. Changing channels with RB button but no music playing. Radio is busted!

Audio: Music failing to load. Anyone have this issue? Music in cars is completely gone in my playthrough. Just driving in silence. Can pull ups station menu, cant select station. Changing channels with RB button but no music playing. Radio is busted!
Did you try turning it off/on? (I'm not kidding)
I had the same issue and i realized pressing the R key (not holding) on pc while driving turns the radio on/off.

Side Mission Beat on the brat: Arroyo, Can't go back to do after starting quest and leaving, invisible wall around arena GAMEBREAKING!!!!! I've tried everything to get in nothing works please fix

Game goes back to default settings after shutting down. I have to change language and graphics settings every time on PS5. Also game crashes every 2-3 hours.

Also, my V's pants and penis disappear in cutscenes and in mirrors. Some characters speak to my V as he's female, while his body and voice are male.

Today I had this bug where I could shoot a pistol from hip fire, but aiming would result in not being able to shoot at all. Didn't happen with other weapons.

Cars randomly stopping on the roads....OR Spawning into the roads outside of NC (MAINLY seen outside of the main streets on night city especially if there is a ramp / slope in the roads)

Smart gun reticle getting stuck during conversations.

My list of the most disappointing bugs at the moment:

-Intelligent bullets (at least with my Ashura sniper) are broken: I fail every bullet I shoot.

- Throwing knifes (even legendary ones) make you lose them forever (in shops each knife cost like 1200 eddies omg). Well sometimes if you kill the enemy you can loot it from his body...but sometimes this doesn't work. If you fail the throw or kill a citizen...you lost your knife forever 100% of the time. This is very disappointing because throwing knifes are so op for stealth builds: you can instakill enemies on the head.

This post aims to be a comprehensive list of all known bugs across all platforms, and I hope to be able to update the list with the community's help (although due to my schedule, I might only be able to update once every couple days or so).

I'm pretty sure this list would be that of a game in early Alpha development..... And yet....

Haven't noticed anyone post about the 100% Chance to Obtain a Daemon after Successfully completing a Data Mine. It works 100% of the Time and Gives you absolutely nothing.. Pretty much a Useless node for Intelligent characters.

Literally shows what you got when you get all three, then a blank space below Legendary Materials.

Just fire up the game and play it, I'm pretty sure the devs can figure out which bugs are present since the entire thing is riddled with them. Maybe there's one or two that were missed during development but there's no way in heck they need players to tell them what's wrong.

Just fire up the game and play it, I'm pretty sure the devs can figure out which bugs are present since the entire thing is riddled with them. Maybe there's one or two that were missed during development but there's no way in heck they need players to tell them what's wrong.

Clearly you didn't read the info at the top of the thread. This is not for developers - this is for players. The goal is to update this list when bugs are fixed, when certain problems are discovered to be platform-exclusive, and when new patch info is released so that players can make an informed decision about when they want to start playing the game
Post automatically merged:

My list of the most disappointing bugs at the moment:

-Intelligent bullets (at least with my Ashura sniper) are broken: I fail every bullet I shoot.

- Throwing knifes (even legendary ones) make you lose them forever (in shops each knife cost like 1200 eddies omg). Well sometimes if you kill the enemy you can loot it from his body...but sometimes this doesn't work. If you fail the throw or kill a citizen...you lost your knife forever 100% of the time. This is very disappointing because throwing knifes are so op for stealth builds: you can instakill enemies on the head.

I've added the intelligent bullet problem to the list.

Are you sure the knives aren't meant to be consumable if they're so OP? Many games have systems where throwables or arrows are lost if you miss, but have a small chance of recovery if you hit. I'm not certain this is a bug.

Last edited:
I finished a quest for the Nomads outside of town and had a new "Apartment"-icon appear at their camp. Went there to see the ripperdoc and gun vendor. Afterwards I was unable to switch to weapons. Quickhacks still work though.

Did not notice during the next mission until it was suddenly inevidable to fight and i could not raise my shiny new gorilla arms to defend myself :(
All autosaves beyond the last manual save during the previous mission now have this bug.

Edit: this is on PC

Found a crafting bug with silverhand items. Once I upgraded them to a new rarity ie blue to purple, I got a second copy of the original piece of clothing so now I have a blue and purple jacket. Would not be a problem if they weighed nothing, but I do not want 30 extra pounds of gear that cannot be dropped in my inventory.

Top Bottom