Some neutral nature cards would be really nice

+
Hey folks, I really enjoy symbiosis and the new sorceress card is also really fun when it works for you but I feel like there simply aren't enough nature cards to be able to benefit from them without just playing all of them. I think it would be a nice buff to symbiosis to have a few of the neutral cards that currently don't have any tags to be labeled as neutral cards and also give more of a price to playing devotion for symbiosis. We know that this exists for other factions, there are neutral organic, tactic and warfare cards, and I know that scoiatel has a faction identity around sticking to their own kind but I still think its a buff that is worth considering.

I have a few suggestions that would be lorefriendly (as in the card name could be considered to be a result of natural phenomena) although they may or may not make sense from a gameplay perspective:

heatwave
blizzard
bone talisman (I think this one would make the most sense and also buff sorceress because it is a bronze).
wolfsbane
tempest
clear skies
rock barrage
sandstorm
spring equinox
thaw
arguably all of the weather cards too (which would make a lot of sense with avalach since he is one of the ways you can meet the unit minimum while also buffing Gord).

This would obviously come with the downside that sorceress would be less consistent but the upside that there would be a ton more variety to symbiosis decks. I love the archetype but some of the nature cards may or may not be super useful in the deck (like playing call of the forrest when you also want to play oneiromancy).

Thoughts?

Hey folks, I really enjoy symbiosis and the new sorceress card is also really fun when it works for you but I feel like there simply aren't enough nature cards to be able to benefit from them without just playing all of them. I think it would be a nice buff to symbiosis to have a few of the neutral cards that currently don't have any tags to be labeled as neutral cards and also give more of a price to playing devotion for symbiosis. We know that this exists for other factions, there are neutral organic, tactic and warfare cards, and I know that scoiatel has a faction identity around sticking to their own kind but I still think its a buff that is worth considering.

I have a few suggestions that would be lorefriendly (as in the card name could be considered to be a result of natural phenomena) although they may or may not make sense from a gameplay perspective:

heatwave
blizzard
bone talisman (I think this one would make the most sense and also buff sorceress because it is a bronze).
wolfsbane
tempest
clear skies
rock barrage
sandstorm
spring equinox
thaw
arguably all of the weather cards too (which would make a lot of sense with avalach since he is one of the ways you can meet the unit minimum while also buffing Gord).

This would obviously come with the downside that sorceress would be less consistent but the upside that there would be a ton more variety to symbiosis decks. I love the archetype but some of the nature cards may or may not be super useful in the deck (like playing call of the forrest when you also want to play oneiromancy).

Thoughts?
Good suggestion. I think the weather cards could also get the nature tags. Tempering should boost by 6 and give 1 armor to dwarves. This should help
Edit: I don't agree with Bone talisman. Why should that be a nature card?
Avallach all of a sudden becomes even more worth it in non devo if he procs symbiosis.

Last edited:

heatwave
blizzard
wolfsbane
tempest
clear skies
rock barrage
sandstorm
spring equinox
thaw

Thoughts?
I do agree overall but I believe some of your suggestions are a bit much heat wave no thinning card should pull that out
Bone talisman it's also good as it is and it's not a nature card it's more a magical item
And I believe that's all the others are fine

I do agree overall but I believe some of your suggestions are a bit much heat wave no thinning card should pull that out
Bone talisman it's also good as it is and it's not a nature card it's more a magical item
And I believe that's all the others are fine
Land of a thousand fables shouldn't pull Heatwave out? Oneiro on second use shouldn't be able to pull heatwave out too? Makes sense

Land of a thousand fables shouldn't pull Heatwave out? Oneiro on second use shouldn't be able to pull heatwave out too? Makes sense
13 provision neutral shouldn't pull out a 10 provision card a I believe 11 provision neutral card shouldn't pull out a 10 provision card instead of a 8 provision one faction card?

I was just naming some cards that could be considered to have some sort of natural phenomena, I think bone talisman would synergize nicely with symbiosis because it swarms but I see the point that its more of a magical item than a natural phenomena. I think weather getting the nature tag would be really nice to include avalach in the symbiosis deck.

Symbiosis seems to be ST devotion archetype just like spies is for NG, but beyond that I think most of the cards you mentioned are just "weather" cards and should remain in that category. Heatweave especially. There could be an argument for Thaw and spring equinox though.

I appreciated seeing that "thaw" now has a nature tag. I'm not sure thats going to be the thing to push symbiosis over the edge but maybe its a sign that they will add more in the future.

Top Bottom