Some questions about gameplay

+
Some questions about gameplay

Hi folks, I've been playing the game for the last 3 weeks and enjoying it immensely. In general the game is such a well put together design, but sometimes there are minor issues and I thought I should ask your collective knowledge base to clarify in case these are not issues but features ;)1-Lots of times when fighting drowner, Geralt just hold his sword midair and not follow thru. Had to run away from drowner then re-attack several times. Especially when the drowner is too close.2-When swordfighting and endurance bar is full, Geralt wanted to use Igni on the bloedzuigers but stuck at a crouch stance and unresponsive to mouse click. Had to run away several times but finally gave up because that didn't fix it.3-Geralt got "Intelligence" level 3 and "ingredient extraction" skill but rarely able to harvest Albar's crystals from bloedzuiger, probably 1 our of 20 boedzuiger kills.Are they features or bugs? I have a feeling (1) and (3) might be features - I hope I was wrong though- and (2) is a bug. In any event, is there any fix available or workaround?ThanksDR

hmmm some sound like bugs, others features ... easy stuff first:Albar's crystals are more rare, so that's not unusal (i sell them, personally)when you are fighting, is it possible that you are short-circuiting your attacks ? the way to do it is to click and wait for the attack to be over before you click a second time. If you are not doing this, then you are sabotaging your own fights without necessarily know it. On easy and medium level, ONLY click when you see the flaming sword icon. On hard that icon is not used, so you have to look more closely and you see a faint yellowy-orange "swish" -- and there is a characteristic sound you can listen for.getting stuck trying to cast igni sounds more like a bug ... but maybe you were just incredibly badly positioned ? also, to cast magic, you need endurance (the yellow bar) -- did you have enough to cast ? it's possible you didn'totherwise, happy witchering! :peace:

@Whispering: Thanks for your reply, yes I got the EE version patch applied:(1): Yep I was using fast or group with drowners.(2): At the time I was actually doing the powerup and was waiting ....waiting but nothing happen, no powerup bar just crouching low. Geralt was stuck at that stance even after I release the button and try to unstuck him with left click but nothing I do can unstuck him - running away in that stance made Geralt look like a dog with tail between his legs, not very heroic. ;D

@game widow: Thanks for replying. I was following the attack prompts pretty closely and tested this drowner scenario quite a few times. Seems like the drowner always get very close to Geralt and that could possibly prevent his attack, but I'm not sure it's meant that way or is a bug. I did mention in my post that my endurance bar is full when attempted Igni on the Bloedzuigers so it's likely a bug though it's not happening quite as often as the drowner's scenario. Is there an acceptable way to capture and report bugs, ie push button to dump internal states of the engine and screen caps?

I've found that sometimes my Geralt won't attack, no matter what I do. If I have Geralt move, just a tiny bit, then he can attack again. I've also found that sometimes the game thinks I want to move, rather than attack, even though I'm clicking inside the red circle. For that, I've found that rotating the screen and clicking in the red circle from another direction seems to help.I've never seen the stuck sign power-up thing. Um, are you sure that your right mouse button isn't sticky?

@Corylea: R-Mouse seems normal, but it's noted and I'll be looking out for its faulty behavior. Geralt unresponsive behavior is something I encountered too and often times at critical situations, like being surrounded by many monsters. In those cases I had to somersault out. Again I suspect this is similar to the drowners issue, too close range blocking the sword movement. I think those drowners are way smarter than the way they dress ;D

1-Lots of times when fighting drowner, Geralt just hold his sword midair and not follow thru. Had to run away from drowner then re-attack several times. Especially when the drowner is too close.
Happens to me all the time. I have to move somewhere else and attack or blow them down with magic. Kind of annoying.
2-When swordfighting and endurance bar is full, Geralt wanted to use Igni on the bloedzuigers but stuck at a crouch stance and unresponsive to mouse click. Had to run away several times but finally gave up because that didn't fix it. (2): At the time I was actually doing the powerup and was waiting .
You don't want to do that up close. Powerup igni is a long range fireball. They'll interupt your attack if you do it when they are attacking you. Quick press the right mouse button to do the close up igni attack instead.
3-Geralt got "Intelligence" level 3 and "ingredient extraction" skill but rarely able to harvest Albar's crystals from bloedzuiger, probably 1 our of 20 boedzuiger kills.
It's a rather rare ingredient. Don't worry about it though. There are alot more substances that are alchemically similar throughout the game.

@Devils Herb: Regarding (2), I wasn't clear in my post but yeah I always am at a distance from the bloodsucker when shooting igni at it. You and others have confirmed the scarcity of Albar's crystals, thanks. Glad that I'm not the only one having pesky drowners issue :evil:

Sounds buggy ... I haven't seen these issues myself.For a tip on how to fight Bloedzuigers (if you're having trouble), I quick-cast igni, then rush them with strong silver.Watch the floating damage you deal to them as you combo, and if it drops to 1s, they're dead (they just don't know it yet).See, your target will only die when Geralt's attack chain is supposed to end (even though they're on 0), so feel free to interrupt yourself by strafing (A or D button), turning around, and running.The Bloedzuiger will explode a fair while later than if you stand there and finish your attack, so you should have plenty of time to get out of range.

I just started Chapter II for the first time and I experienced this a few times in Chapter I. It seems to me that the game thinks that there is something in the way that really isn't a problem (like a very slight difference in the ground, etc). I have noticed that there are a few things that helps:If in group fight, pick another targetSomersault outUse moevement keys on keyboard to force movement (press forward toward opponent, just enough for Gerhart to take half a step)Retreat away (using movement keys) and re-start attacking.

@ AvilanI would check your video setting first if that not the case have a look in The In game tec part of the forum to see if anyone else has run into this ;)

Top Bottom