[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I came here to the forum to hopefully learn that i have missed something bigger about the endings, but i learned i did not.
Lots of different and some cool headcanon stuff around, but in the end it is just that, headcanon. Nothing the game tell's me, i am left with something like Schroedinger's V.

It is important for me how an open world game ends, for my motivation to go back to it. Cyberpunk 2077 is off the table because it's shitty endings, i mean, it lacks replayabilty anyways.
I really don't need to experience every little meaningless difference i could made, i played it already my way. Except, that i had to force myself to ignore the ticking bomb in my head, to get to a 100% playthrough, that spoiled the overall good experience befor the end quite a bit.

Without changing the endings or continue the story of V, i don't see the sense in future DLC. What could they do? Adding meaningless mid-game stuff to a story that builds up pressure to the player in the very beginning because straight after Act 1 we are told that we will die in a couple of weeks? Just to end up with the potential death in the 6 month again?

It is already contradicting to the story to do shit like box fights, races or the police job... Whatever, i don't buy such shit.
Ya I was really excited to play the final mission and see where my "choices" let up too as I did a buch load of side quest, but after seeing all the endings, It just left me empty and not excited to play anymore side quests. I was sad to hear they MIGHT of cut out 2 whole arcs cause rn it feels a bit rushed imo, they shouldve had an arc between arc1 and arc 2 and also have an arc between arc 2 and arc 3 just to flesh the characters out more and have there ummm...endings give of the punch that imo is needed. And I do believe we need atleast an option of a happy-ish ending cause idk how they can make DLC or hopefully map expansion if its all meaning less in the end. (Sorry if its a bit...messy its my first post so sorry😅)

I dunno, if the prophecy says that Oedipus will kill his father and marry his mother, maybe I should believe it.
Post automatically merged:

100% agree. Which is why I'm glad they put Misty in the game to explain the endings at the end.
Comparing a Greek epos where everything is in the fate of the gods and where reading the flow of time is common (because it's what people back then actually believe in) with a piece of modern fiction is a stretch at best.

Ya I was really excited to play the final mission and see where my "choices" let up too as I did a buch load of side quest, but after seeing all the endings, It just left me empty and not excited to play anymore side quests. I was sad to hear they MIGHT of cut out 2 whole arcs cause rn it feels a bit rushed imo, they shouldve had an arc between arc1 and arc 2 and also have an arc between arc 2 and arc 3 just to flesh the characters out more and have there ummm...endings give of the punch that imo is needed. And I do believe we need atleast an option of a happy-ish ending cause idk how they can make DLC or hopefully map expansion if its all meaning less in the end. (Sorry if its a bit...messy its my first post so sorry😅)

If I were to diverge from the endings themselves:

1. Militech Arc: It could have had one of those to add all the corpos, conspiracy, treachery, and so on people were expecting. Gilcrest or Meredith being in the story determinate on your actions with them.

2. Police/Max-Tac Arc: Frankly, I'd start it early and have it explained that V has a license to take bounties from the NCPD and this is an act made by the Mayor recently.

3. Montage: I would add two more missions with Jackie before the main Heist. Even if it screws up the tutorial placement. Have you meet his mother and the Padre.

4. Mox Arc: This is just me but I would love to see more of these girls. No pun intended.

Comparing a Greek epos where everything is in the fate of the gods and where reading the flow of time is common (because it's what people back then actually believe in) with a piece of modern fiction is a stretch at best.

1. Militech Arc: It could have had one of those to add all the corpos, conspiracy, treachery, and so on people were expecting. Gilcrest or Meredith being in the story determinate on your actions with them.

2. Police/Max-Tac Arc: Frankly, I'd start it early and have it explained that V has a license to take bounties from the NCPD and this is an act made by the Mayor recently.

3. Montage: I would add two more missions with Jackie before the main Heist. Even if it screws up the tutorial placement. Have you meet his mother and the Padre.

4. Mox Arc: This is just me but I would love to see more of these girls. No pun intended.

Wrong conclusion, because it's a modern piece of fiction based on ancient Greek literature.

I would add to this all the shard arcs. Make those stories playable instead of just reading them

all the shards you collect in the game have stories on them that are just text. I say make them playable.

The gameplay for a majority of them are "show up to this plac and kill these guys." I'd rather they focus their efforts on stories that are more interactive.

But if they do have the budget to it, sure that'd be cool.

This game needs to be overhauled, because their existence as an independent studio depends on it.

From my personal point of view, not every game or series does need multiplayer. In addition, other studios actually know what they are doing.
On the first point, most definately. And because of it being much of a lifeline for them I remain positive until confirmed otherwise.

Second point: that I agree with also.

I'd TOTALLY be down for a pancake ending!
Around the bonfire with the family :) yeah that would be swell!

Also in regards to the alluring to a cure and what the game actually gives us.
I'll repeat myself gladly by saying that all I'm asking for is to just play it.

Last edited:
Maybe if we got different outcomes many will play at least 2 times - as "good" V and "bad" V. But we got save at PNR where we can turn good V into bad V with matter of reloading save - so no real replayabilty. If I had chance I play at least 2 times - 2 different ways. Here? No such thing.

Maybe if we got different outcomes many will play at least 2 times - as "good" V and "bad" V. But we got save at PNR where we can turn good V into bad V with matter of reloading save - so no real replayabilty. If I had chance I play at least 2 times - 2 different ways. Here? No such thing.
I've fully played this game 2 times already, got 4 endings total out of it but every time you already know what is going to happen, the same exact outcome, so you get very tired even trying to save yourself.
So I am going to wait and see what a DLC will bring.

Guest 4354978

I dunno, if the prophecy says that Oedipus will kill his father and marry his mother, maybe I should believe it.

100% agree. Which is why I'm glad they put Misty in the game to explain the endings at the end.
the nomad ending was the least "damaging" of the seven. but still it feels like this was rushed and incomplete.

Real shame, i played Witcher 3 few time i love every moment, well for few more reason, but game is much better then Cyberpunk 2077 if no good end show up, no need to play again and V will be just one ruin character i care for, but am not able to save her for stupid reasons.
most people will replay the game if they got that "happy" ending or the very least survived without any dangers or worries. that and having the ability to "play on" after the main questline is completed. we simply are unable to do that at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom