[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
It just bothers me that polls of what people would like to see are ignored.
Now I'm kind of dreading what the next expansion will bring as far as endings
They really love to kick V while he/she is down.
Well, as far as expansions go, Phantom Liberty was unfortunately the first and last for 2077. All we can do is hope they take into account feedback for however they write Orion.

Well, as far as expansions go, Phantom Liberty was unfortunately the first and last for 2077. All we can do is hope they take into account feedback for however they write Orion.
Wouldn't bet on it, they seem pretty hell-bent on their version of what Cyberpunk is, which is always unhappy endings, nothing good lasts for more than a few seconds. and why even try and fight it.

So basically nihilism, and I'm not super fond of that.

Communities : „We want xyz“
Companies:
0D2E8CA1-2E67-498C-ABBF-FB459EE24029.jpeg

personally I do like darker themes and endings like in Cyberpunk, NieR or Last of us f.e. it’s not a colorful Final Fantasy but it’s own genre - imo there is no need for happy endings in every rpg : /

Last edited:
Communities : „We want xyz“
Companies:
View attachment 11380591

personally I do like darker themes and endings like in Cyberpunk, NieR or Last of us f.e. it’s not a colorful Final Fantasy but it’s own genre - imo there is no need for happy endings in every rpg : /
There is a lot of leeway between super happy, care bears endings and nihlistic nothing matters endings. I love bittersweet endings, were the hero wins, but at a very high price.

I also dislike the idea of saying that the player can effect the ending by their choices, but the endings are just in aesthetics and not substance.

I also dislike the idea of saying that the player can effect the ending by their choices, but the endings are just in aesthetics and not substance.
I think first part is very subjective but I agree on the second part… not only for the endings but for choices in general with minor to non impact at all. I guess many player have expected more in regards of choices and consequences from the beginning 3 years ago : /

Top Bottom