[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I am getting serious indoctrination theory vibes right now.

Imagine selling the conclusion of the games story for money. Or releasing it in waves. This is not a live service game. This is a full price experience.

If they release major content in a full release title for free, they signal that they cut content.
If they sell you the relief that should have been in the game from the beginning, they surpassed EA and ubisoft combined in scumminess.

So this is not going to happen.

I think CP77 would only win if were NOT open-world adventure, but rather like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or the original Mafia.
Story missions, and in-between — limited, pre-written activities, side-jobs included.
For example, after the Heist V must go undercover, because Arasaka ninjas are searching him to take back the Relic etc. So V must hide in one small area at time, where local fixer hide V in return for some jobs completion. Main plot is developing, and V moves to new areas to hide, because, for example, previous area is compromised and local fixer can'r protect him anymore.
Each and every gig and job have reason — work for local fixer in return for his protection. Each location has a major NPC like Panam, River, Judy or Kerry, whom V can help or not. I would probably add some game mechanic of V's cover — hitting the citizens with your car, open firefights and other noize would decrease your Cover meter, and if it's zero, game over. And some jobs and gigs could also decrease or increase V's Cover meter.
That approach would allow devs to reroute their time and effort from open-worldness (which they failed) towards plot, characters and sidequests.
Post automatically merged:

I am getting serious indoctrination theory vibes right now.

Imagine selling the conclusion of the games story for money. Or releasing it in waves. This is not a live service game. This is a full price experience.

If they release major content in a full release title for free, they signal that they cut content.
If they sell you the relief that should have been in the game from the beginning, they surpassed EA and ubisoft combined in scumminess.

So this is not going to happen.
Yeah, and at the time they solve technical issues, most of us will already let go this game. There will be no substantional protest against the endings so CDPR will see no reason in additional work.
They may release some form of Remaster, will cut content restored and better endings, but in 5-7 years, to sell Cyberpunk 2077 once more)

Last edited:
!!SPOILERS IN THE POST!!

Personally, i think a lot of players misunderstood the concept and storytelling of Cyberpunk 2077.. Yes, game gives you option to play as Corpo, Street Kid and Nomad, BUT it doesnt lock you out of other content.. People complaining about not having "special" path options dont even realize these paths are already there... As Corpo, you start as Counter-Inteligence Agent for Arasaka, therefore you as a Corpo want to get back on top.. and game gives you that option - you side with Hanako and can become part of Arasaka again..

As StreetKid, you have option to side with Rogue and storm the Arasaka, or, If you are very close with Johnny, you can become a LEGEND and storm the Arasaka alone in the most badass way possible...

As Nomad, you can ask your new Nomad family for help and leave with them afterwards...

So, dont blame the game, blame yourself for not Role Playing the game... I bet if game just lock you out of certain options, there would be forum full of complains how you want to become Nomad even if you started as Corpo etc...

I think CP77 would only win if were NOT open-world adventure, but rather like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or the original Mafia.
Story missions, and in-between — limited, pre-written activities, side-jobs included.
For example, after the Heist V must go undercover, because Arasaka ninjas are searching him to take back the Relic etc. So V must hide in one small area at time, where local fixer hide V in return for some jobs completion. Main plot is developing, and V moves to new areas to hide, because, for example, previous area is compromised and local fixer can'r protect him anymore.
Each and every gig and job have reason — work for local fixer in return for his protection. Each location has a major NPC like Panam, River, Judy or Kerry, whom V can help or not. I would probably add some game mechanic of V's cover — hitting the citizens with your car, open firefights and other noize would decrease your Cover meter, and if it's zero, game over. And some jobs and gigs could also decrease or increase V's Cover meter.
That approach would allow devs to reroute their time and effort from open-worldness (which they failed) towards plot, characters and sidequests.

Yeah, and at the time they solve technical issues, most of us will already let go this game. There will be no substantional protest against the endings so CDPR will see no reason in additional work.
They may release some form of Remaster, will cut content restored and better endings, but in 5-7 years, to sell Cyberpunk 2077 once more)
There will no substantial backlash, because the people will have stopped caring once they hit the ending.

If they ever reach the ending.

The endings are a no-go and should receive enormous backlash but the bugs, glitches, dumbed down mechanics, missing AI, missing features and cut content will be in the spotlight.

!!SPOILERS IN THE POST!!

Personally, i think a lot of players misunderstood the concept and storytelling of Cyberpunk 2077.. Yes, game gives you option to play as Corpo, Street Kid and Nomad, BUT it doesnt lock you out of other content.. People complaining about not having "special" path options dont even realize these paths are already there... As Corpo, you start as Counter-Inteligence Agent for Arasaka, therefore you as a Corpo want to get back on top.. and game gives you that option - you side with Hanako and can become part of Arasaka again..

As StreetKid, you have option to side with Rogue and storm the Arasaka, or, If you are very close with Johnny, you can become a LEGEND and storm the Arasaka alone in the most badass way possible...

As Nomad, you can ask your new Nomad family for help and leave with them afterwards...

So, dont blame the game, blame yourself for not Role Playing the game... I bet if game just lock you out of certain options, there would be forum full of complains how you want to become Nomad even if you started as Corpo etc...

Story telling and story are too different things choom.

The story telling is great but the pacing is off. You can only do side activities, when you de-immerse (is that even a fucking word) yourself on purpose and ignore the narrative.

This is something easily fixed but IMHO, done on purpose, so you don't walk the glitched streets of Night City.

What role playing in this game is possible? There are no roles to play except an additional smart-ass voiceline here and there. 95% of the time, we are generic V.
I can't play as a street samurai in this game, because of a fucking time bomb in my head,l that let's the screen glitch out during side missions, only to remind me that I am fucking dying.

Btw. Please try not to question the intelligence of other people here.

!!SPOILERS IN THE POST!!

I didn’t pay 50€ for making my own headcanon.
Sorry it’s just not working that way since I still can play other games like normally and there are load of good games with proper world and story both in story and storytelling department that ends MQ in unintrusive and logical way.

above all this game has many issues and on every lever there is disappointment waiting. I plays on high end rig with 4K OLED and Dolby Atmos and still get frustrating story along with lack of AI proper customization I was expecting from Cyberpunk PnP (you know style and cyberware is like nonexistent compare to tabletop).

Srlsy CDPR had balls to go with this story like this that ends up in huge letdown with main character said to die no matter what you do in the game in this shape.

I hope that those endings will be retcon but everything now points that game was to end like this.

I didn’t pay 50€ for making my own headcanon.
Sorry it’s just not working that way since I still can play other games like normally and there are load of good games with proper world and story both in story and storytelling department that ends MQ in unintrusive and logical way.

above all this game has many issues and on every lever there is disappointment waiting. I plays on high end rig with 4K OLED and Dolby Atmos and still get frustrating story along with lack of AI proper customization I was expecting from Cyberpunk PnP (you know style and cyberware is like nonexistent compare to tabletop).

Srlsy CDPR had balls to go with this story like this that ends up in huge letdown with main character said to die no matter what you do in the game in this shape.

I hope that those endings will be retcon but everything now points that game was to end like this.

I agree. The one thing I thought they wouldn't conk up was the story and especially the endings. But they did.
I have no problem seeing past the bugs and glitches. But this one is something I just can't accept.
For that very reason, they hopefully will release their plans soon. Not because I hope there will be something for us, but because I want that final nail in the coffin to move on and away from CP77 and CDPR in general. Since I don't care for the Witcher universe, they have literally nothing more to offer that interests me.

I can't even recall a studio ever fixing bad endings or stories before. Even with a ton of backlash(Which they don't have). So there is no chance it will happen now.

The only real comfort out of all of this is knowing that not everyone thinks edge-lord writing like that is the height of story telling. And that it is overused and exhausting.

I agree. The one thing I thought they wouldn't conk up was the story and especially the endings. But they did.
I have no problem seeing past the bugs and glitches. But this one is something I just can't accept.
For that very reason, they hopefully will release their plans soon. Not because I hope there will be something for us, but because I want that final nail in the coffin to move on and away from CP77 and CDPR in general. Since I don't care for the Witcher universe, they have literally nothing more to offer that interests me.

I can't even recall a studio ever fixing bad endings or stories before. Even with a ton of backlash(Which they don't have). So there is no chance it will happen now.

The only real comfort out of all of this is knowing that not everyone thinks edge-lord writing like that is the height of story telling. And that it is overused and exhausting.
At least it was not a grand-final of good trilogy, like ME3 ending fiasko. CDPR revealed their true colors early, thus sparing us from far greater disappointment.

!!SPOILERS IN THE POST!!

I have done precisely that. You can find my story written somewhere on these forums and that basically describes the path I have walked. What mission I have done, and which ones I never did, at least as far as goes the red line of my path. And that was fantastic I loved it. V was my gal making her way through Night City desperately trying to survive. I was immersed like nothing before. But then... I cam across A point of no return, lemme signify: A, not The.
Then I went on a wild ride with half an army and assault the Tower. I went into cyberspace and there Alt explained: we do this and that and I help you, good? Good. Ooh btw, the relic has deteriorated your body so much you'll still die in 6 months.
And thát is where the problems really started. She didn't mention it before when we were at the VDB-club no, just then, a second before she'd gain complete control of Mikoshi.
And my V had basically no choice left, I was at her merci already.

And thén comes the talk with Panam, the Aldecaldos have contacts, reach. So you're allured to: alright lets kick off the third chapter, get that cure. But nope. And thats what prompted my heartburst sobbing and subsequent visit here. See I was the only one going nuts.

So no, we understand very good. The point is the resolution that should've been present (whichever one) was not there.

Cyberpunk never was about large world shaking events.
At least not on purpose.

It isabout the small and personal stories.

While they get it right over large portions of the game, it falls apart in act 3.
It already was on the heroic end of cyberpunk when we decided to steal from the inner core of the Arasaka dynesty. The heist was a stretch but I was ok with it. A tad too epic bit ok.

The epilogue however was absolutely out of proportion.

Cyberpunk never was about large world shaking events.
At least not on purpose.

It isabout the small and personal stories.

While they get it right over large portions of the game, it falls apart in act 3.
It already was on the heroic end of cyberpunk when we decided to steal from the inner core of the Arasaka dynesty. The heist was a stretch but I was ok with it. A tad too epic bit ok.

The epilogue however was absolutely out of proportion.
Yeah, and defeated Arasaka in Legend ending sounds completely wrong and out of character, so to speak)

I have done precisely that. You can find my story written somewhere on these forums and that basically describes the path I have walked. What mission I have done, and which ones I never did, at least as far as goes the red line of my path. And that was fantastic I loved it. V was my gal making her way through Night City desperately trying to survive. I was immersed like nothing before. But then... I cam across A point of no return, lemme signify: A, not The.
Then I went on a wild ride with half an army and assault the Tower. I went into cyberspace and there Alt explained: we do this and that and I help you, good? Good. Ooh btw, the relic has deteriorated your body so much you'll still die in 6 months.
And thát is where the problems really started. She didn't mention it before when we were at the VDB-club no, just then, a second before she'd gain complete control of Mikoshi.
And my V had basically no choice left, I was at her merci already.

And thén comes the talk with Panam, the Aldecaldos have contacts, reach. So you're allured to: alright lets kick off the third chapter, get that cure. But nope. And thats what prompted my heartburst sobbing and subsequent visit here. See I was the only one going nuts.

So no, we understand very good. The point is the resolution that should've been present (whichever one) was not there.
We've been promised missions in other areas outside of NC back in 2018(

The biggest joke is that people in general didn’t buy this ending for what they are.

Vast majority is waiting for DLC that will just carry story forward
Despite being said explicitly that there is no know cure and you have like only months to live, said by established and reliable source of information in this lore (Hellman, Alt, Arasaka board of professors).

I hope that this is where retcon will happen with line like there is a cure after all, and you get it in or for completing first mission in true Act 3. Game and main character have really a great potential.

If not, well BioWare will have a company on my almost empty list of game studios that are dead to me.

The biggest joke is that people in general didn’t buy this ending for what they are.

Despite being said explicitly that there is no know cure and you have like only months to live, said by established and reliable source of information in this lore (Hellman, Alt, Arasaka board of professors).

I hope that this is where retcon will happen with line like there is a cure after all, and you get it in or for completing first mission in true Act 3. Game and main character have really a great potential.

If not, well BioWare will have a company on my almost empty list of game studios that are dead to me.

Let's get it straight: these endings might do the job as chapter endings not the final of the entire story.

I'd stop hoping for that.

Be glad that your list of studios is almost empty. By now it's easier for me to name the ones that make games I actually care about because that list so much smaller.

Let's get it straight: these endings might do the job as chapter endings not the final of the entire story.
My theory is that they were a chapter final. The same as prologue, montage with Jacki and preparing the Haist were part of Act 1.
Since they run out of time they had repurpose the Act to be the rest of the game.

The key question is why they go with adding few extra lines to each ending that this is a permanent death.

I mean it’s like somebody thought that he can show you how you must play or feel completely forgetting that you can just stand and leave, and might never return.

Top Bottom