Spoiler from books, especially Sword Of Destiny book.

+

rrc

Forum veteran
[Please don't read further if you haven't read Sword Of Destiny or planning to read the books. Major spoilers ahead.]

I just finished the first story from Sword Of Destiny and was blown away from that story. What is more fulfilling is the fact that Villentrethenmeth and Myrgtabrakka work together very well in Gwent and they were related in the book too. I don't know if the Gwent team had Villen in mind when they designed Myrgtabrakka and the syngergy between them. Great job Gwent team.

I had finished 'The Last Wish' book and then started reading it. A lot of characters, like, Nivellen, when it comes in the book, it was awesome [BTW, I was thinking that Nivellen is the naked lady sitting on the Bear, but then got to know that Nivellen is the bear!]. Strigobor, Toruvel, Filandrevel, Dennis Cranmer (again, please buff him a bit), Rainfarm.. reading the book after playing Gwent feels great. You can give a face to those characters and relate more.

May be later, after reading more, I will get to know about lore discrepancy a lot of people had complained. But till now, Gwent has made the reading experience a little better!

Definitely. I hadn't read all books prior to starting Gwent back in closed beta. It's nice to put some background to characters you see in cards.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I played The Witcher 1 and I loved it. Then I played the two other Witcher-games...they were awesome! (Steam says, I played 2287 hours with The Witcher 3 :) ) Then I decided to play the Gwent CCG (I never played any other CCG and never will). And then I wanted to read the books. I finished the books (all of them) and they are great. So, If someone likes the world of The Witcher, read the books!

• RED Point
I believe all 6 of the witcher books is available on audio form on youtube. The 7th book is yet to be translated into english?

• RED Point
I believe all 6 of the witcher books is available on audio form on youtube. The 7th book is yet to be translated into english?

There are 8 books:
The Last Wish; Sword of Destiny; Blood of Elves; Time of Contempt; Baptism of Fire;
The Tower of the Swallow; Lady of the Lake; Season of Storms

As I know, all books are translated in to English.

• RED Point
Top Bottom