[SPOILER] Nomad Ending and HAIR.

+
When a scene is quite literally a hair away from being superb :LOL: (Well, Judy being there would've been great, but, hey, that's another topic)

Seriously though, anyone else find this horrendously distracting? Was it really so difficult to ensure her face wasn't obscured for such an important moment?

EDIT: the issue is specific to this hairstyle, 01, and 22.
Worth noting that Judy's hairstyle is occasionally switched between 22 and 35 for this exact reason.

cyberpunk bad angle.png

Last edited:
Err you choose the hairdo tbh

Granted you never knew there was going to be 1 cutscene but if you've played any game with any cutscenes and a character creator then for the most part your character looks just like you made them and this scene is doing just that.

Want the face clearly seen? Choose another hairdo

As is there is absolutely nothing wrong in that screenshot, it actually looks good

Kinda wish there was a mirrored version of this hairstyle because trying to snap pictures of V and Judy looking at each other is hell when one of them is guaranteed to have their face obscured by their hair.

Doesn't bother me a ton in this particular cutscene though. I mean, It did bother me the first time I got it, but now I kind of like it, feels like it compliments V's mental state, about her turning inwards, thinking about the future and whether or not they will find a cure for their crumbling mind.

Err you choose the hairdo tbh

Granted you never knew there was going to be 1 cutscene but if you've played any game with any cutscenes and a character creator then for the most part your character looks just like you made them and this scene is doing just that.

Want the face clearly seen? Choose another hairdo

As is there is absolutely nothing wrong in that screenshot, it actually looks good

I love how you're blaming me for someone else's oversight yet you grant I couldn't have known - whilst simultaneously maintaining I should've expected it - and then suggesting I simply change the hairstyle as if you can just do that.
Post automatically merged:

Kinda wish there was a mirrored version of this hairstyle because trying to snap pictures of V and Judy looking at each other is hell when one of them is guaranteed to have their face obscured by their hair.

Doesn't bother me a ton in this particular cutscene though. I mean, It did bother me the first time I got it, but now I kind of like it, feels like it compliments V's mental state, about her turning inwards, thinking about the future and whether or not they will find a cure for their crumbling mind.

Or a version where its swept behind the ear. They actually do that for Judy by the way. Her hair has two states: let down and behind the ear. You see the change in the Path to Glory ending in the condo after the shower. Probably the reason they did that is because you're standing on her right hand side when she's outside the kitchen (if they hadn't, her face would've been obscured). Whereas in the Nomad ending, where you're on her left, her hair is down. Just a basic awareness thing in film making.

To everyone, I do get that this is a small detail, but if the devs are now at the stage of dealing with fine-tuning details for the next year or so, what's the harm in mentioning it? It was obviously overlooked, we're obviously meant to see their face and it's a easy fix worth doing.

Last edited:
Or a version where its swept behind the ear. They actually do that for Judy by the way. Her hair has two states: let down and behind the ear. You see the change in the Path to Glory ending in the condo after the shower. Probably the reason they did that is because you're standing on her right hand side when she's outside the kitchen (if they hadn't, her face would've been obscured). Whereas in the Nomad ending, where you're on her left, her hair is down. Just a basic awareness thing in film making.
Huh. Never noticed that before. Well fuck, if they can do it for Judy then there's no excuse not to give V the same option.

I love how you're blaming me for someone else's oversight yet you grant I couldn't have known - whilst simultaneously maintaining I should've expected it - and then suggesting I simply change the hairstyle as if you can just do that.
Post automatically merged:

To everyone, I do get that this is a small detail, but if the devs are now at the stage of dealing with fine-tuning details for the next year or so, what's the harm in mentioning it? It was obviously overlooked, we're obviously meant to see their face and it's a easy fix worth doing.
You picked the hairstyle, you seen how it looked in the CC, if you had played any game with cutscenes and a CC as i said then you should know exactly how the hair would've looked in the scene just from the CC, do you expect CDPR to take into account every single haircut on offer to make a scene? How about they change your hairstyle for you for the scene?

Yes im blaming you, you picked the haircut

Would you prefer the camera angle from the right? Then what about the haircuts that cover the right side of the face? Should the camera be above? Behind? Straightforward?

Would you prefer the camera angle from the right? Then what about the haircuts that cover the right side of the face? Should the camera be above? Behind? Straightforward?

Ugh, no need to talk in circles and repeat yourself. I'd suggest you try actually reading the rest of the post you quoted if you wanna know what I think they should do - but I have a feeling you have a chip on your shoulder and you want a petty argument on the internet or something which I honestly have zero interest in.

Nevermind the fact you chose the hair: Think what you are requesting.

As some in this thread have pointed out, they like your screenshot.

They aren't put off by the aesthetics of the hair partially obscuring the face of the 'protagonist'.

So, You're mad because a single scene didn't match your desired aesthetic _in that moment_. You want the Developers to fix this or think they made a mistake for not anticipating _your_ concern, which obviously is not shared by every player of the game.

What exactly are you asking here? So, for every single hairstyle in the game the developers need to accomodate every single cutscene and make sure that in every possible interaction of combined facial features and hair styles is accomodated for in each individuals personal aesthetic preference?

This isn't some BD, or some virtu with 'RealSense Aesthetic Feedback'™ where the vitru tunes itself to your reactions in real time so that everything is presented perfectly in just the way you want.

To answer your question: YES it was so Difficult. Because no technology yet exists where they can read your mind and in real time adjust your characters hair style , in game, based off of your preference at that very moment in time for a short cutscene.

Nevermind the fact you chose the hair: Think what you are requesting.

As some in this thread have pointed out, they like your screenshot.

They aren't put off by the aesthetics of the hair partially obscuring the face of the 'protagonist'.

So, You're mad because a single scene didn't match your desired aesthetic _in that moment_. You want the Developers to fix this or think they made a mistake for not anticipating _your_ concern, which obviously is not shared by every player of the game.

What exactly are you asking here? So, for every single hairstyle in the game the developers need to accomodate every single cutscene and make sure that in every possible interaction of combined facial features and hair styles is accomodated for in each individuals personal aesthetic preference?

This isn't some BD, or some virtu with 'RealSense Aesthetic Feedback'™ where the vitru tunes itself to your reactions in real time so that everything is presented perfectly in just the way you want.

To answer your question: YES it was so Difficult. Because no technology yet exists where they can read your mind and in real time adjust your characters hair style , in game, based off of your preference at that very moment in time for a short cutscene.

Sheesh, ease off the hyberbole. I've criticised a small but readily apparent detail. One which honestly made me laugh at the time - no I'm not "mad" but you and one other person seem mad at me for bringing it up :shrug: I don't get why. Everyone else here is chill. On a film set we would've taken care of this no problem.

And like I said further up, they actually do handle it for Judy (switches between 22 and 35). So clearly CDPR has the same mindset as I do on this.

So yeah, all I'm saying is, do the same thing for hairstyle 01 in this scene. That's it.

Aside from 01 and 22, all the other hairstyles can be left alone - yeah, including the 2 which are actually designed to cover part of the face (15,18). Hairstyle 01 and 22 aren't.

So there you go, what I'm suggesting is pretty straightforward and limited to 2 hairstyles for one cutscene. No need to overcomplicate things.

Last edited:
People complained about not seeing V in a cutscenes and having everything in first person. They made one where you can finally see her and now there are complains that camera angle does not match her hairstyle ;)

Forgive me the horrendous quality of the picture, I fabricated this image with too much difficulty before I learned of the photomode convienence.
But what I would like to show based from it: no issues with the hairdo :)
CP77_R1_RidingtoFreedom_Breathe!.jpg

Forgive me the horrendous quality of the picture, I fabricated this image with too much difficulty before I learned of the photomode convienence.
But what I would like to show based from it: no issues with the hairdo :)
View attachment 11177231

Yup, looks great :) The scene works well for almost all hairstyles really. I'm talking about hairstyle 01 though.

Judy has a similar hairstyle (22) but they deal with it by swapping it with 35 at certain key moments.

Hair 22 (hair down):
photomode_15022021_191040.png

Hair 35 (tucked behind ear):
maxresdefault.jpg

So what I've suggested further up is to do the same for this one cutscene if V has hair 01 or 22. Only other idea would be to unlock the inventory and let you change V's clothes and equip a headband or something before hopping into the tank. Anyways, that's all I got, walking awaaaaay from this thread now :p

Top Bottom