[SPOILERS] Evelyn Parker, wasted potential! Your Thoughts?

+
IT exactly makes sense as i cant see any appeal to Like her as a character as she is horrible person in-game. Plus there is not much interaction with her to get to Like her outside of character.

Moxy3

Forum regular
IT exactly makes sense as i cant see any appeal to Like her as a character as she is horrible person in-game. Plus there is not much interaction with her to get to Like her outside of character.
Thats CDPR screwing up and killing her off after 2 Missions.
Thats why we are here and complaining, because she deserved better. She deserved the screentime. She deserved more interaction with V. We should have had more of Evelyn.
Instead we got.. well Johnny Silverhand. *puke*

I really hated what they did to this character. Honestly, the story felt so OUT OF character it wasn't even funny. Evelyn was portrayed as this smart, strong woman. You mean to tell me after the heist knowing everything that happened, she was just going to go back to the clouds and keep working?? What a joke!! She could have just left Judy some note saying she was gone forever because she was in danger. That would have been a better fate and even left an option to find her.

I really hated what they did to this character. Honestly, the story felt so OUT OF character it wasn't even funny. Evelyn was portrayed as this smart, strong woman. You mean to tell me after the heist knowing everything that happened, she was just going to go back to the clouds and keep working?? What a joke!! She could have just left Judy some note saying she was gone forever because she was in danger. That would have been a better fate and even left an option to find her.
It was exactly in line with her chacater. She was neither smart or strong woman. The sole fact she worked in clouds and could not leave it for such a long Time working there and Even return ed there after failed heist, only shows how weak and insecure person she was, broken. Unlike Judy who actually manage to leave that place.
She was not really smarter than an average joe as she would have predict ed consequences of trying fucking up with VDB and Dex and entire Arasaka for that matter. Again she just smelt big money oppourtinity without thought out it properly. Dumb.

So yeah to me, her actions totally fits her character entire time, even her suicide, as a broken horrible person.

Last edited:
It was exactly in line with her chacater. She was neither smart or strong woman. The sole fact she worked in clouds and could not leave it for such a long Time working there and Even return ed there after failed heist, only shows how weak and insecure person she was, broken. Unlike Judy who actually manage to leave that place.
She was not really smarter than an average joe as she would have predict ed consequences of trying fucking up with VDB and Dex and entire Arasaka for that matter. Again she just smelt big money oppourtinity without thought out it properly. Dumb.

So yeah to me, her actions totally fits her character entire time, even her suicide, as a broken horrible person.
hmm....It is tough to argue your point because I can see this from your prospective too. Here is the thing..

To be in that business, you need a certain level of street smart. You just do and she has been at this a long time and therefore has learned a lot over time. I do agree she was looking for a quick payday but no street smart person would go back to business as usual when all hell has broken loose. This is why the writing in my opinion did not fit the character.

hmm....It is tough to argue your point because I can see this from your prospective too. Here is the thing..

To be in that business, you need a certain level of street smart. You just do and she has been at this a long time and therefore has learned a lot over time. I do agree she was looking for a quick payday but no street smart person would go back to business as usual when all hell has broken loose. This is why the writing in my opinion did not fit the character.

Exactly. From the three main quest lines i went straight for Evelyn and VDB because i liked Evelyn a lot. She was amazing there in Lizzies. Yes, Judy said that Evelyn could adapt to any new character she wanted super well but it doesnt matter. I waanted to get to know her, to see how this story unfolds and when after all these efforts she did what she did to herself i felt it was stupid and wasted potential. Actually this game would be much better if the suits on the top didnt decide to go for Silverhand-Keanu and huge hype/sales/money. They cut and screwed the oryginal/intended vision of devs and here we have what we have. Feel bad for devs.

Exactly. From the three main quest lines i went straight for Evelyn and VDB because i liked Evelyn a lot. She was amazing there in Lizzies. Yes, Judy said that Evelyn could adapt to any new character she wanted super well but it doesnt matter. I waanted to get to know her, to see how this story unfolds and when after all these efforts she did what she did to herself i felt it was stupid and wasted potential. Actually this game would be much better if the suits on the top didnt decide to go for Silverhand-Keanu and huge hype/sales/money. They cut and screwed the oryginal/intended vision of devs and here we have what we have. Feel bad for devs.

I don't think it's Keanu‘s fault... the story they describe based on Johnney is great, I can see the potential, but they barely finished any quest line at game.
To Johnney, he called V to burn the city into ashes, where is the dialogue?
They even can't finish the most important vision at trailer, what do you suppose they can do?
If there is something wasted, it will be everything.

I don't think it's Keanu‘s fault... the story they describe based on Johnney is great, I can see the potential, but they barely finished any quest line at game.
They even can't finish the most important vision at trailer, what do you suppose they can do?

I agree - I've gone pretty far into my third playthrough - and three different playthroughs. The extra work Keanu does is definitely in the Gigs and side quests which has a lot of extra dialogue that changes based on your relationship, even includes V voice over work too.

I'm still not a fan of Johnny being the focus, and feel they've really missed a damn fine lot of content and more V story tellling with Evelyn and her plans and relationship with V in a longer game.

I don't think they were blaming Keanu. I think what they were trying to say was that the focus was on Silverhand and should have been on V, our character.

Honestly, they should have slapped Johnny Silverhand on the box as the protagonist and we shouldn't have even made a V. That is how I personally feel about the story.

I don't think they were blaming Keanu. I think what they were trying to say was that the focus was on Silverhand and should have been on V, our character.

Honestly, they should have slapped Johnny Silverhand on the box as the protagonist and we shouldn't have even made a V. That is how I personally feel about the story.

We got "The Ballad of Johnny Silverhand"

What we wanted;

"The Names V, V for Very much roleplaying"

Johnny was amazing material for DLC, but not for the main story.

Johnny was amazing material for DLC, but not for the main story.

So much so.
I love his pop ups and commentary in the GIGs. It's fantastic.

In my never ending "What ifs" I go through regularly in the game - if we saw something like Evelyn rising to become a Fixer of her own and V helping her and themselves - Johnnys commentary on everything would be fantastic insight.

I am so pis... everytime when i hear "cut content" here "cut content" there.
Is there anything they made and didn't cut later in this game ?

Everything will back to my big theory.
The story of V should be the main story, but they never finish it, which cause the absent of V.
They are very hard to finish the main story, which barely say nothing.
I believe there was a story line about Arasaka internal conflict, which will change Yorinobu to a friend. It should be a rail story after chip quest until the divel-ending we get now, but we know and help Yorinobu in the end.
That give V a much safty enviroment. No Arasaka ninjia, can walk under the sun, and everyone knows that he is the guy who killed Saburo and got forgiveness from Arasaka, that's why everyone trust he is good and give him jobs.
To Evelyn, I think that will be a good reason for her to back to work.
Remember Hellman is close to Hanako at devil-ending, too close, it make me think if he was be designed to run after Hanako fade into shadow.
That's why Yorinobu still can't fix Relic, and V's story will happened since that time.
But they cut everything

Top Bottom