(SPOILERS) Game kicks off too early.

+
As said, spoilers. If you clicked on this thread, your fault at this point if you didn’t want spoilers.

Anyway. So you remember that whole six month montage? And how suddenly after it you’re basically holding Jackie’s dead body? Yeah. That just doesn’t seem to be a natural story telling method at all.

“We’re in the big leagues now” and “we earned it”, yeah, sure, you might’ve felt like you earned it, and you might’ve done it in that montage, but I can damn well tell you that it doesn’t FEEL earned. Why? Because of that time jump.

And then good ol’ Keanu is thrust onto you, and you’re told you got two weeks to live, basically.

At this point, I’m only a few hours in? And this feels like the climax of the story?

Maybe if the six months where I’m supposed to know Jackie’s mom, all the fixers and what not, maybe I’d not feel so out of place here, but lemme tell you, you can’t just plop me down in Heywood and call me a local—I don’t know these streets and haven’t spent a damn moment in them.

On another note, what’s with shoving all this loot and cyberware you can get from loot or purchase and locking it behind Street Cred? Is that all the function is? To lock your progress from using shite you got from playing the game?

I dunno. It just feels slimy to me. Kinda like how a mobile game feels.

The skeletons there for the game, but it has no soul.

Top Bottom