[SPOILERS] How come there isn't a real evil ending outcome?

+
When I first played through the game. And saw that one of the options was to kill V on the rooftop. I was surprised that a game had finally given that form of choice. There are times in stories where I go F this story (not for quality). I want to just kill the character and be done with it. While all the other endings have various good and bad outcomes for V, or Arasaka. Including the secret ending where you spare everyone else from dying. And go in alone.

We have the option to be an ass towards Johnny. Have the choice to let him be absorbed into ALT, or returning to your body. Living with the ending outcome. Or letting him take it over. Giving him the better outcome. I notice there was no option to screw him over badly. When ALT tells V that she cannot reverse your fate. You will die. This is always set in stone in all of the endings. At that moment I was mad. Angry at all this work or surviving meant dick. V ultimately gets boned. One ending that should have been done. Is allow V to take revenge on who screwed him. I wanted to kill off Rogue, the rest of Johnny's band. And get a choice to go after Hanako and Yorinobu. While still in the building. Blending the other ending choices. Tell Johnny as V gives him to ALT. Your friends will suffer in your place. Johnny gets his wish. With V going directly after the Arasaka's. But at the cost of his band.

You pull it off. You still die 6 months later. But than various characters leave you or love you more, in the end credits. It give one extra layer to the tarot card reading too. Including other darker turns. Like calling up Judy and saying. "If I find you, you're dead." That would have been a more interesting additional option. While still fitting into the universe and requirement of V dying. I wouldn't like the ending. But giving us the choice. Like how we keep Arasaka in power. Ruining relationships in that ending. Would add in an extra kick of emotions. Would others like this option? Is it too far?

Top Bottom