Star Citizen

+
Yeah, it is looks pretty cool. I was a bit disappointed the yesterday's stream, because I expected a SQ42 cinematic trailer. I would like to see some action from the game. I have the same feeling about this, as I felt before TW3, that it will be a real masterpiece, an unique experienc which you rarely meet. They have a lot of very talented, even filmstar voice actors.
[video=youtube;5C-aA3-PpmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C-aA3-PpmY[/video]

Yeah, and they speak in the stream about some scenes - they didn't mentioned details - which sounded so great. I tought "give it to me, damn it, right now, I want to experience it as well". You know, when your friends talking about something and you have no idea what it is like.

@Phinnway Well, as said in the video, I'd guess they will use it for memory reasons, and for dynamic LODs. Rather than keeping the whole planet as a level in memory, it will be procedurally generated as you move along. If they can implement it correctly (which seems like they did), it should create the same look for the same place on everyone's computer, without keeping everything on disk or memory. That's the beauty of procedural generation :)

@arkhenon Oh. I meant in terms of gameplay. We still don't know what you can do once you land on planets.

edit: cool picture from the livestream.

Last edited:
The Freelancer is so cool! It is exactly the way I expect a civilian spaceship to look.

Sabre is basically an F-22 on steroids.

The Freelancer is so cool! It is exactly the way I expect a civilian spaceship to look.

Sabre is basically an F-22 on steroids.

I honestly think most of the fighters are F-22s on steroids. With a bit of Harrier and B-2 bomber influence stuck in for good measure

@Alan989 True, but the Sabre and F-22 have the same role. They're both air-superiority stealth fighters.

The Sabre is my favorite looking ship. But it literally can't do anything but dogfighting. It's very inflexible.

Sadly, I don't think I'll ever own a Sabre in the sandbox. The Vanguard is better than it in literally every area except stealth.

Last edited:
@Alan989 True, but the Sabre and F-22 have the same role. They're both air-superiority stealth fighters.

The Sabre is my favorite looking ship. But it literally can't do anything but dogfighting. It's very inflexible.

Sadly, I don't think I'll ever own a Sabre in the sandbox. The Vanguard is better than it in literally every area except stealth.

I'll wait until the game is further along in development before I get excited about anything. :p

I'll wait until the game is further along in development before I get excited about anything. :p

For me, it is already too late, I thinking I just searching for a good HOTAS right now...

[video=youtube;-MXcpjN9Vhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MXcpjN9Vhs[/video]
She is sooo sexy...I guess she will be flyable in the 2.2.

@Phinnway I am a bit disappointed about the Sabre, I mean, I love its looks, but it hasn't even have a bed which is strange. I thought that this ship will be a long range stealth fighter.

@AutumnalWanderer I agree. It'd be nice if they made a variant that exchanged a bed for less stealth. If they did then maybe I'd actually buy one.

---------- Updated at 01:35 PM ----------

I just finished taking a ride a joy ride in a Retaliator. It was fun. Unfortunately the the pilot was having problem with glitches. Then my game crashed. One of the things I like about this game is how much people share their ships :)

btw, AutumnalWanderer, have you considered getting a Freelancer for an exploration vessel? It's perfectly viable as a solo ship. And you could easily hire an NPC to man the turret. Plenty of room for scientific equipment too.

@Phinnway Yeah, and it would be much better ship. It would be even a decent exploler, and scout.

Damn that new Freelancer. Firstly I don't really liked it, but now...I thinking about an upgrade. I like these bigger ships, but I don't know yet. I so love my Avenger, it is such a good ship, so I want to keep it. I imagined a bit faster though, at least as fast as the Cutlass is, which is 220 m/s in Space Combat Mode.

Edit: Just got you an answer.

My buddy has a Freelancer coming...we'll see. It looks a lot better and a little less ugly-phallus for me now, but it doesn't look like what I want to explore the galaxy in. Sadly, since Umbra likes it, that -is-what we'll be exploring the galaxy in.

I love the Vanguard and it takes willpower everyday not to buy it. Every. Day.

Sabre looks great, don't worry too much about it's capabilities, much balancing to come.

Now to try the *&$&^# matchmaking some more.

I love the Vanguard and it takes willpower everyday not to buy it. Every. Day.

I know how its feels like, I really do. If I would be able to get my hands on it, I would never ever consider to own any other ships. My heart is borke every single time when I saw someone's else hangar.

Last edited:
Damn that new Freelancer. Firstly I don't really liked it, but now...I thinking about an upgrade. I like these bigger ships, but I don't know yet.
Same here. I wasn't a huge fan of the Freelancer until I took a closer look at it. Now I really like it. It's like a medium sized Connie.

But Sard is right. No point in speculating too much about ships/roles now. A lot of changes will be coming. We don't even know the details of what explorers actually DO aside from mapping jump points.

Last edited:
I know how its feels like, I really do. If I would be able to get my hands on it, I would never ever consider to own any other ships. My heart is borke every single time when I saw someone's else hangar.

I don't even watch Vanguard videos. I can only take so much temptation...and bitter envy. How much does it cost right now?
..IT'S NOT EVEN FOR SALE!!! ARGGGH.

Hmm.

A Hornet Ghost is $140...A Sabre is $170...but a Sabre is range limited...

Top Bottom