Still here.

+
Nice to see people enjoying themselves.

It's truly sad that a thread titled Still Here is even a thing considering this game was hyped beyond the stars for eight years and then released only two months ago. This type of forum thread is something you'd expect to see only five to six years post release, but not after only a few months on the market.

CPnsparrow.gif

It's truly sad that a thread titled Still Here is even a thing considering this game was hyped beyond the stars for eight years and then released only two months ago. This type of forum thread is something you'd expect to see only five to six years post release, but not after only a few months on the market.

Nah I think you got this wrong, it's more like a - what's that word, AHA(!), lighthearted, way to wave off the constant bickering, it's getting tiresome.

We're still here CDPR we still remember where you came from, hope you still do.

Nah I think you got this wrong, it's more like a - what's that word, AHA(!), lighthearted, way to wave off the constant bickering, it's getting tiresome.

We're still here CDPR we still remember where you came from, hope you still do.

I am not wrong friend. They made a mistake, and the solid reputation they'd built up throughout the years has now been tarnished. I didn't want that, and nobody who loves CDPR wanted that. Most people couldn't even entertain the idea that CDPR would fail to deliver on their promises.

The hate and the social media outrage is tiresome and much of it is hyperbole and unfair. But if CDPR had stayed true to their core principle of coming when it's ready, then non of this would've happened. And just to be clear, CDPR can never use that phrase again simply because it has become an Internet meme.

We can all make mistakes, but I don't know if this was an honest mistake or not. We know that as corporations expand they tend to become more greedy, and less beholden to their core fanbase. This is because they don't have to cater to a specific audience anymore. When a consumer base grows larger we often see that products tend to become more diluted in order to appeal to a wider audience, hence CDPR shifting CP2077 from hardcore RPG to a more mainstream action adventure game.

BioWare used to be the most respectable game developer in the industry, but look at them now. It's very hard to maintain a consumer friendly practice in a cutthroat industry like this. If you want to survive and compete with the likes of Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Activision or Square Enix, then you might actually have to start manipulating consumers.

I still hope CDPR can regain their composure and push the industry in a better direction, but I am increasingly worried that we're seeing the evolution of another industry juggernaut like EA or ActiVision.

I am not wrong friend. They made a mistake, and the solid reputation they'd built up throughout the years has now been tarnished. I didn't want that, and nobody who loves CDPR wanted that. Most people couldn't even entertain the idea that CDPR would fail to deliver on their promises.

I never said you were wrong, I quite agree it's egregious how things turned up, but I don't think that this was the point of the thread, and the point you were trying to make in this thread was beyond this thread's purpose...

You following? :)

The hate and the social media outrage is tiresome and much of it is hyperbole and unfair. But if CDPR had stayed true to their core principle of coming when it's ready, then non of this would've happened. And just to be clear, CDPR can never use that phrase again simply because it has become an Internet meme.

I agree, and I'd also like to point out that the hype is directly proportional with the outrage.

But we're veering off topic...

We can all make mistakes, but I don't know if this was an honest mistake or not. We know that as corporations expand they tend to become more greedy, and less beholden to their core fanbase. This is because they don't have to cater to a specific audience anymore. When a consumer base grows larger we often see that products tend to become more diluted in order to appeal to a wider audience, hence CDPR shifting CP2077 from hardcore RPG to a more mainstream action adventure game.

I believe CDPR's RPG's were never hard core, in fact Cyberpunk 2077 is in line with the rest of them with a different approach.

As for the rest, mistakes were made, it's how we move on from them that counts, you either learn or keep repeating them the latter of which becomes inexcusable after a few tries...

What was the OP about again?

BioWare used to be the most respectable game developer in the industry, but look at them now. It's very hard to maintain a consumer friendly practice in a cutthroat industry like this. If you want to survive and compete with the likes of Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Activision or Square Enix, then you might actually have to start manipulating consumers.

BioWare went down hill for me personally as soon as the got acquired by EA, Mass Effect 2 wasn't what I expected after Mass Effect 1.

In comparison, Cyberpunk falls in line for me with what I expected out of CDPR, the release of it is what's blowing my mind, and the fact that they didn't give it time to mature, both technologically and narratively wise, but it still has a distinctive CDPR vibe of the ''no punches held back'' variety.

I still hope CDPR can regain their composure and push the industry in a better direction, but I am increasingly worried that we're seeing the evolution of another industry juggernaut like EA or ActiVision.

I surely hope not, and especially now, showing support would go a longer way than throwing more mud.

They're difficult times for both CDPR and the fans, we should stick together :D.

Just letting the devs know, I still have hope. :cool:

Hmmm... i am kinda with you here, although i must admit for me personally
Hope is a luxury i ll not allow myself to have, unless i see the signs for it.

*sadsmile*

But rest assured, the old members are still here and we still remember.
(Well some of us)

HERE have some sentiment from better days folks o7

CDPRThankYou.jpg

So yes, i want to get things better.... way better than they are now

Last edited:
Hmmm... i am kinda with you here, although i must admit for me personally
Hope is a luxury i ll not allow myself to have, unless i see the signs for it.

*sadsmile*

But rest assured, the old members are still here and we still remember.
(Well some of us)

HERE have some sentiment from better days folks o7

View attachment 11174966

So yes, i want to get things better.... way better than they are now

Ah, those were the days!

Top Bottom