Street Cred+Level+Skill Experience..(Also Money)

+
I would also title this "Game Progression Flow"

TL:DR in B/U

MY EXPERIENCE

I think I was street cred 40 after doing everything in Watson area before Act 2. After finishing up most of the side quest/gig and NCPD calls besides city center I hit max level. I maxed street cred right after Act 2. Which I haven't even really touched the main story missions. Now there's very little progression for me at all to achieve. What I can say is my highest skill is only level 15, most everything else being around level 8. Money is pretty hard to attain as well, I have racked up a million eddies after around 120 hours of straight grind. I got the extra money hacking perk and jacked into everything around.

THOUGHTS

1. I can't buy the best snazzy things because the economy in night city is rough. I would think I'd have legendary everything and I've been extremely frugal only buying legendary best in tier slot stuff I want to use end game. I'm broke, I've resulted to picking up everything and selling it every chance I have.

2. Street Cred was quite easy, why not make it go to 100? It could be as simple as make every level above 50 street cred increase money gains 1%.

3. Experience level cap. Is it necessary like? It could always just go infinitely scaled. Make it 60? At least show me fake ghost unused experience gain. Add extra skill XP then? Make it so only on very hard difficulty you gain experience after 50? Something.

4. Skill XP is pretty bad. My take on it is unless you make a character that uses only one weapon type and stick with it your doomed to never max your skills. I have tried to be well rounded, and its just more fun to use every type of gun and switch it out. I can't just go street brawler all game long and not get bored of it.

CONCLUSION

Losing the feeling of growth and progression just sucks (Level and Experience capped). Money and skill XP is all I have left. For what it takes to earn money there's not much worthy of spending it on. By the time it takes to make 100,000, unlock, and find legendary mantis blades, you could have crafted something better. For what it takes to buy a car, Jackie's bike and stealing random cars is just as good. Which makes money pretty pointless. Onto Skill XP, the problem with skill XP is you only need attribute and perk points to use the best perks from the tree. From level 1-15 for every skill its like only 4 of the skill levels actually do something slightly impactful. I've yet to get near level 20 and that perk or even dream of over leveling it.

ALMOST DONE, PROMISE

Aforementioned is the skill perk/attribute system as it works, I cannot be coolest and a hacker and a ninja and be engineering. Attributes cap skill levels. Attributes capped by level. Why is the game forcing me to split and specialize? if it makes the game to easy, add harder and harder foes, or rebalance perks. As is, you could max one tree 20 and split the others or max two trees and split the points among the other three. So I have to replay the whole game to experience different maxed play styles? I have no problem with the concept and design of the attribute/skills/perks systems. They function and work nicely, the games rules are the rules. I like that the rules make sense, seem realistic, but the caps are unfun. I have no problem playing with the bugs, the systems just need to be rebalanced, and uncapped. I don't care if the developers do some lazy fix and give us free attributes for mission chains or something. I just want to play with meaningful impactful progression. I can only speak for myself, but losing achievement, the growth, and progress to be made takes away the fun. In my opinion its why everyone enjoys games, besides time killing, learning, story, etc. No complaints on the story. If I had done everything in the game and then hit max level, or shortly after, or a long time after, there would be no complaint. Now I feel that I am forced, otherwise too invested, and I must put the game down and wait, or play even awhile its less fun to me.

-This is my testimonial to community and developers of my experience to draw from, inspire thoughts, disagree with or agree with, in hopes of the best results of the game in the future

(im only on act 2, I don't know how many acts there are, but I'm not following up on this, I'm too busy playing)

Top Bottom