Stuck at the end of Chapter IV

+
I'm having this problems like for 3 days now, I tried almost everything including finishing the Heat of the Day quest first. (not really sure but I think I did). But I'll try it again. Thanks for the help.

Well, do finish that one first, and make sure you make another save before talking to Berengar but after you've finished the Heat of the Day quest, so that you can upload that one in case you're still running into some issues.

Seems like you've already altered your save. You've completed the Heat of the Day quest without picking up the mirror shards, you have the items the Lady has asked for but you haven't talked to Julian about Dagon etc.

The only way to fix this, without having the save corrupt itself right before the end of the game, would be to restart Chapter 4 and do the quests normally.

Yeah, I didn't have that much time while I was doing the quests and I used the save editor. It didn't cause a problem in the previous chapters but I guess this is the only logical explanation. I'll have to restart Chapter 4 it seems. I thank you for your concern and help.

Yeah, Chapter 4 has some quest phase issues even without using the save editor, so it's easier to break.

So, do make sure you do the quests in order so that you don't run into the same issue again - talk to both Julian and the priest about Dagon before you go to the Lady, finish up Berengar's quest and the Heat of the Day quest before talking to the Lady about Dagon.

Glad it worked out for you! It's unfortunate that the bug even exists, but I am happy that you decided to give it a second shot, hope that you will not be disappointed with what the rest of series has to offer ;)

Well, I'll take a look at your save, and if it can't be fixed, I'll upload a save with choices close to the ones you've made :)

EDIT: Yea, your save won't even load for me, so I don't think I can fix it.

Here is a link to a save from the Ice Plains, though it's from a Neutral Path, with only partially siding with the elves, if you wish to fight the last boss: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d3yv929cvtfpud/000247 - Ice Plains-007.TheWitcherSave

And here's a save you can import to TW2, should have about the same choices that you've made, you can also use it to view the correct Epilogue in TW1 after the game ends, as the save above will result in a different one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0pqs33qzlwd5wq/001249 - Order of the Flaming Rose-206.TheWitcherSave

I wish ReptilePZ links were still active :(

Top Bottom