Sudden large increase in game crashes

+
I was able to play through the entire campaign very smoothly at release. Barely any issues and no crashes.

Returned to the game a couple days ago to do a second playthrough and have had 4 crashes within a few hours of gameplay. No settings have changed either in game or in NVCP. Also my drivers are the same in both instances (460.79 - the ones optimized for Cyberpunk at launch).

Anyone else see a recent spike in game crashes and know what changed?

No, on my end the game is solid from a stability perspective. The driver you are running is not the latest. If it were me, I'd upgrade that and see.

When the game crashes, you should be able to find the crash dump. When the window pops up saying the game crashed, it will ask if you want to submit the diagnostic files. Before you click yes or no on that popup, click the button that says something to the effect of "let me view the data".

That will open an explorer window which is in the directory where the crash dump and other files are found.

Open the crash dump using windbug (free) and you should be able to find what caused the crash. -- specifically what module. If it crashed in a module that starts with nv, that is going to be video driver. It could be audio drivers, network, etc. or a core windows component, .net components, or the game.

If you find it is the game, then submitting a bug report would be a good step.

I had this happen to me a lot for a while, and it started happening a bit after I updated to 460.89. That driver gave me massive drops in FPS, so then I thought OK, maybe I should update windows 10 to 20H2, and THAT'S when my crashes started.

So I rolled everything back and everything's been smooth sailing since. Although I know at some point I'm gonna have to update Windows.

No, on my end the game is solid from a stability perspective. The driver you are running is not the latest. If it were me, I'd upgrade that and see.

When the game crashes, you should be able to find the crash dump. When the window pops up saying the game crashed, it will ask if you want to submit the diagnostic files. Before you click yes or no on that popup, click the button that says something to the effect of "let me view the data".

That will open an explorer window which is in the directory where the crash dump and other files are found.

Open the crash dump using windbug (free) and you should be able to find what caused the crash. -- specifically what module. If it crashed in a module that starts with nv, that is going to be video driver. It could be audio drivers, network, etc. or a core windows component, .net components, or the game.

If you find it is the game, then submitting a bug report would be a good step.

i found this message in the 'stacktrace.txt' file:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x5A48.
File: <Unknown>(0)

and as for the other comment, my driver is older than yours (460.79) and my Win version has been 20H2 since the October release. and since my first playthrough at launch in December was crash free it could not have been that.

i found this message in the 'stacktrace.txt' file:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x5A48.
File: <Unknown>(0)

and as for the other comment, my driver is older than yours (460.79) and my Win version has been 20H2 since the October release. and since my first playthrough at launch in December was crash free it could not have been that.

Yeah, that usually means the app tried to write a memory location it not longer owns, and is almost always a programming error.

I've noticed more, had about two crashes since playing at Christmas

Last night I went on for a couple of hrs and within that time the game crashed and returm my x box home page a total of five times

I noted this was mainly while trying to zoom in on the map! After a total PowerPoint and reload it seemed OK, hopefully it won't be a constant thing

Sorry if this is not In correct thread

Top Bottom