Suggestion: Friendly Matches with No Timer

+
Welcome!

Yeah sorry, it's a spambot prevention measure. You could always post it here and we could move it to the GWENT suggestions sub-forum.
Thank you.

My suggestion/request for Gwent is as follows;

I have a few friends I play this with, but we have different daily schedules or time zones. Because of the real-time nature of the game, we don't have a lot of time to actually play together.
I noticed friendly matches do not get you anything, so they're purely for fun with a friend.
This would give some leeway in my idea.
I would love to see an option for friendly matches, or a second gamemode for friendly matches, where you could play your turns as if it were a mobile game in lieu of Wordfeud or those old chess-by-email games. I think Civilization games also had that.
The timer for your turn could be off for these friendly matches, or only start once you actually play your turn.
You get a notification when your friend played and it is now your turn.
You open the game, click a 'ready' button and you see what your friend-opponent has played in his turn, then your turn begins.
At conclusion of your turn, a notification is sent to your friend and it continues so forth.

Since nothing is lost or gained with friendly matches, they don't affect anything else in the game, not your progress, not any revenue made by CD Projekt. That means that if such an option would exist, it wouldn't endanger the game nor revenue.
And by having this available, I would be able to play this a lot more with my friends!
It would also not change anything for those being used to the game as it is and afraid of change. It would be an option available for those who wish to use it, not override current gameplay.

This would also be a great way to teach friends how to play. Take away the stress of the timer so they can think about the sequences and read opponents card effects,check out graveyards and what's left in their deck.

Not sure if it would be possible to implement with the being able to close the game without the match ending (a 100% layman perspective), but I don't see any harm in it. So, sure, why not.

Last edited:
Nice idea. Used to play Civ V like that. I would love to see this added somehow.

Top Bottom