Suggestions for a better driving experience

+
Heya, so I've been playing CP2077 for a while now, and gotta say, when it works as intended, it's a sublime experience... mostly. I say mostly because I've got a few gripes, specifically when it comes to driving.

The biggest problem is the minimap. It's fine for on-foot exploration, but in a car? It's too zoomed-in to be useful at anything above traffic speeds. Now, I'm a speed junkie and an avid racing game fan, so when you zip about the city as fast as I do then you often (from my experience) miss turns and have to whip the car around to get back on the best route. GTAV actually has a pretty sweet dynamic minimap that'll zoom out more and more the faster you go so you don't miss a turn. You can see a couple of blocks in front of you, so you can prepare for what's coming up. So either zoom the map out and have its zoom level adjust to your speed, add an option to have those cool yellow chevrons that you see in street races guide you to your destination, or (preferably) both.

The second biggest problem for me has to be the brakes. Unlike a few others I've seen, I find the level of grip the cars have to be fine - enjoyable, even. But the brakes are a chore to use. When you hit the brakes at full force, there's about a two-second period where you have roughly 50% of your max braking power, and then they fully apply. I can't count how many times I've crashed simply because I didn't have full brake power the instant I started braking. On a controller, the pressure on the trigger should always directly translate to braking power. 100% pressure on the trigger is 100% braking power, 90% pressure is 90% power, and so on.

Related to the braking point - I've read a few complaints on Reddit where people say the cars are too slidey and hard to control, and as a racing gamer, I think the brakes may be the culprit there. Maybe people are finding the brakes so unresponsive that they feel like they have to steer hard to avoid crashing, which in turn causes the back of the car to lose grip and slide. I believe people would find the cars easier to control overall if the brakes were fixed.

I'd prefer an toggle-able Augmented Reality (AR) style driving directions, or mini-map.

Why should I have to look away from the road to the gps/mini-map when I got top of the Line Eye Implants?

Some Real World Motorcycle Helmets have features like this. But not Cyberpunk 2077?

Top Bottom