“Sword of the Witcher” – premiere of VADER’s newest video clip today!

+
“Sword of the Witcher” – premiere of VADER’s newest video clip today!

We’ve got a pleasant surprise for all those of you eagerly waiting for “The Witcher’s” release. In response to the growing anxiety for the impatiently anticipated game title, the metal band VADER has composed a track called “The Witcher Sword”, inspired by the game and Sapkowski’s universe. The world premiere of the video clip is today!This is how VADER’s frontman – Peter – recalls work done on the clip: “A couple of months ago, CD Projekt RED approached us and asked whether we’d be interested in recording a music track relating to the RPG game “The Witcher”. The game itself, its “feel” and atmosphere, as well as the rather atypical challenge were enough to give it a go. We recorded the “Sword of the Witcher” track in May, and on the 10th of July, with the help of Inbornmedia from Wrocław, shot some videos in the castle in Bolków. To help us in the undertaking we received some music samples from the game’s soundtrack. In fact, I asked for them myself, in order to get a feel for how I could blend our band’s and the game’s style. The “Sword of the Witcher” was supposed to be a sort of music trailer for “The Witcher”, hence all this preparation… In retrospect, I think that I’ve managed to put the two styles together rather well. And while the track isn’t exactly what we’ve accustomed our Fans to, it would have otherwise been terribly difficult or even impossible to create something for “The Witcher” with our characteristic mass of blasts and numerous solos. It’s still VADER, though somewhat closer to tracks like “Kingdom” or “Dark Transmission”, rather than “Wings” or “Shadowfear”.” The video clip is all the more interesting to watch, since it has short sequences from Tomek Bagiński’s intro to the game incorporated into it. The video clip “Sword of the Witcher” is available on WPTV on Wirtualna Polska (Virtual Poland’s) web portal. You can even download a fragment of the vid

hax

Senior user
I don't like the vocal. The melody is ok, but voice of singer is terrible :/.

That sounds so cool, I really think the songs fits the atmosphere of The Witcher.Michel.T:This isn't even so bad, there are far worse out there...

yep, the sound is great and the arrangement of the vid as well... but the lead vocal, somehow doesn't fit to the game. I don't like it at all T_T but in comparison to the Nightwish stuff in particular the glossy-sweet-girlie-commercial vocal of the new singer Anette... I'm gonna take the lesser evil: Vader

Not the kind of metal I like, too heavy (yeah, there's worse, but still :p), but not that bad. Maybe it's the voice which make me feel that way. Anyway ...I got to see parts of video of TW I hadn't seen, so great news :p[quote author=Michael.T]Hey, you guys have to get Sonata Arctica to do a song or two![/QUOTE]DEAR GOD. Someone who knows Sonata Arctica ... I can't believe it ! It's so ... rare (?) to meet that kind of people on message board :p

Im big fan of Sonata Arctica too, so you are not alone ;).Sword of the Witcher is already on my youtube playlist. Nice song imo :].

Hmm..... I kinda have to respect all music because I am not musically inclined at all. That said. Definately not my taste Nightwish is Much better in my opinion. I dont know how much time Vader had to make up this song but its like .. they really didnt try to make a song. I mean ... Witcher is my name? WTF .....?? I like the clips, and after reading ' The Last Wish' I can see how it relates to the first 'chapter'.Most all music has a deep meaning somewhere and this heavy metal band doesnt seem to do it for me. I dont mean to berate them like this but it just seems like they came up with the words after watching the trailer and drinking a 12 pack. No feeling .. no meaning... I cant get over him singing .. " The witcher is my name " ...what a crock. How about "A witcher feels no pain -- my blade and I are one in the same " shit .. I think thats better than what they came up with .. LOL " I guess I may be a little harsh but, I think Nightwish coulda done much better. I am sorry I dont know Sonata Arctica but i'll youtube for them.I am not afraid to tell you... that to me- it sounded like crap ... felt like crap. I was disapointed. I did like the clips tho. ;DYes Sonata Arctica has talent ...they have the soul for the music nice band ... Too bad they wont be coming near me or I'd go see them.

Not bad at all. I'm a huge Vader fan for 10 years and this is not the greatest song they made, more commercial than their usual stuff but good. The world of the Witcher is a dark and cynic world, I don't think Nightwish would fit with it. Hear a girl sing a sissi song about such a world, no thanx.

You don't have to mourn about Nightwish & The Witcher, cos according to Witu's last post in the Nightwish thread only Germany will have the pleasure to be favoured with that promotion.We poor Germans... ;D get a castrated game version and a promotion with Nightwish after they unluckily change the singer.Sonata Artica pleases my ears, the vocals are much better than grunting Vader lead vocal.

Now ... that was epic... not. But atleast they did their best to fit in the witcher style. :)Yeahwitcher: Totally agree..Nightwish could have done it much better..

Stormbringer said:
Hear a girl sing a sissi song about such a world, no thanx.
If the singer is a female, it does not automatically mean that the song is sissy. I'll have you know that The March of Cambreadth was sung by a woman as well.

yep... and I think Tarja *don't remember her surname* as Nightwish singer would have capture the atmosphere of the witcher world much better than her subsitute Anette.

MichaelT said:
MichaelT said:
Hear a girl sing a sissi song about such a world, no thanx.
If the singer is a female, it does not automatically mean that the song is sissy. I'll have you know that The March of Cambreadth was sung by a woman as well.
I know that a song is not automatically sissy when a girl sing it. But come on, Nightwish, it looks like Celine Dion in pre-menstrual syndrom. Geralt deserve something less kitsh.

Stormbringer said:
I know that a song is not automatically sissy when a girl sing it. But come on, Nightwish, it looks like Celine Dion in pre-menstrual syndrom. Geralt deserve something less kitsh.
That is the weirdest comparison I have ever seen. I have no idea why you would think that.

Top Bottom