“Sword of the Witcher” – premiere of VADER’s newest video clip today!

+
Oh C'mon people, give Annete her fair chance. Tanja didn't sound so powerfull either in her beginning. I'm sure Nightwish has their reasons for hiring Annete as their new singer. Besides Tanja would have left Nightwish after their album that followed Once, so it was coming anyway.Stormbringer:Care to elaborate that? Like Michael.T said, that's one weird comparison.

okeee.... I just know "Amaranth" in full length. Video has been withdrawed from YouTube, take this http://www.myspace.com/nightwish compared with End of all hope, Anette's sounds too... girlie-pop ;D But the music is still already. The Amaranth will be enclosed with the game, don't know if normal oder CE version. Would be nice if "Sword of the witcher" will be enclosed as well ;)

Auro said:
Stormbringer:Care to elaborate that? Like Michael.T said, that's one weird comparison.
Sure, and thanx for the compliment. "Celine Dion on premenstrual syndrome" mean that the voice and even the melody sometime looks like a song of popular singer like Celine Dion, Barbara Streisen and more. But they put some electric guitar and more heavy drum on top of it. All these elements give kitsh metal, a style for people who like their metal not too aggressive with sweet emotions. But this is only my opinion and I respect your taste.

Stormbringer said:
Stormbringer said:
Stormbringer:Care to elaborate that? Like Michael.T said, that's one weird comparison.
Sure, and thanx for the compliment. "Celine Dion on premenstrual syndrome" mean that the voice and even the melody sometime looks like a song of popular singer like Celine Dion, Barbara Streisen and more. But they put some electric guitar and more heavy drum on top of it. All these elements give kitsh metal, a style for people who like their metal not too aggressive with sweet emotions. But this is only my opinion and I respect your taste.
I really think thats a poor comparison, I take it you listened to a few Nightwish songs and just didnt like her voice. Thats fair. Some people didnt. About Tarja, I hope this doesnt really come into another debate about whose got the better voice. Last I heard, Nightwish was ' still ' taking applications. Lets face it ... if your in a group (any group) and you start talking about how the group wouldnt be a group if it wasnt for you, and you'll be left out in the cold regardless about how it happends. Maybe I should have been more clear, I think Nightwish could have composed a song much better and sung it much better than this fella did. I apologize ahead of time to those people that honestly think Vader did a good job but I think if you really admit that your lieing to yourself. The words dont go with the game at all. I honestly feel bad for whomever in cdprojekt that let this get out. I mean .. wheres your Q n A ... besides after hearing some of Sonata Arctica songs I'm gonna hafta agree with Michael T. That they could have done even better than Nightwish, simply and only because of the male singer. But I still think Nightwish could compete girl singer or not.PS .. Stormbringer .. do you mean kitsch?? Or are you making up your own word? Nightwish is far from kitsch --- look it up.

Yeahwitcher said:
I really think thats a poor comparison, I take it you listened to a few Nightwish songs and just didnt like her voice. Thats fair. Some people didnt. About Tarja, I hope this doesnt really come into another debate about whose got the better voice. Last I heard, Nightwish was ' still ' taking applications. Lets face it ... if your in a group (any group) and you start talking about how the group wouldnt be a group if it wasnt for you, and you'll be left out in the cold regardless about how it happends. Maybe I should have been more clear, I think Nightwish could have composed a song much better and sung it much better than this fella did. I apologize ahead of time to those people that honestly think Vader did a good job but I think if you really admit that your lieing to yourself. The words dont go with the game at all. I honestly feel bad for whomever in cdprojekt that let this get out. I mean .. wheres your Q n A ... besides after hearing some of Sonata Arctica songs I'm gonna hafta agree with Michael T. That they could have done even better than Nightwish, simply and only because of the male singer. But I still think Nightwish could compete girl singer or not.PS .. Stormbringer .. do you mean kitsch?? Or are you making up your own word? Nightwish is far from kitsch --- look it up.
Yes i mean kitsch, and for me Nightwish is kitsch but each person have his own definition of this word. This is not the voice of the girl I didn't like in this band, it's the voice of this crappy pseudo tough guy that I hate. And the music is simply not my style. Like I said earlier, I'm a Vader fan since 10 years but I must admit that they can do a lot much better than this song. The music and lyrics are too simple. For Sonata Arctica, I never heard of their works so I can,t pronounced on it. But I think there is a lot more good band than Nightwish that can randered a homage to The Witcher. Vader was one of these bands but they didn't deliver the merchandise this time. Not necessary to be a death or kitsch metal band. It can Moonspell, Apocalyptica or even a good old classic song.

No Celtic Frost? For shame! (showing my age, huh?) ;DThis kind of debate can go on for aeons. Art, music, literature, video games, the weather, icecream, steak, politics, vocalists, guitarists...it is all a matter of opinion. And, like Arse-holes, everyone has an opinion and they usually stink! (joke) Defending opinions with more opinions results in more opinions, like an Ouroboros, it has no end. Art (and, in my opinion, music is an art) is subjective.Nevermind between which band is better, WITHIN bands, opinions differ. The band situation I have been involved with for a few years is the same...five different people, usually with five different opinions....and the world keeps turning. Is it October 26th yet? ;D

DrStrange said:
No Celtic Frost? For shame! (showing my age, huh?) ;DThis kind of debate can go on for aeons. Art, music, literature, video games, the weather, icecream, steak, politics, vocalists, guitarists...it is all a matter of opinion. And, like Arse-holes, everyone has an opinion and they usually stink! (joke) Defending opinions with more opinions results in more opinions, like an Ouroboros, it has no end. Art (and, in my opinion, music is an art) is subjective.Nevermind between which band is better, WITHIN bands, opinions differ. The band situation I have been involved with for a few years is the same...five different people, usually with five different opinions....and the world keeps turning. Is it October 26th yet? ;D
Exactly, we can debate for which band is the best but nobody will tell the truth because there is no truth. When I'm saying that Nightwish sound like Celine Dion on premenstrual-syndrom it is only my opinion, not a fact. So whatever which band will make a song, I just hope that The Witcher will be an awesome, no, it will be an awesome game.Yes the released date is October 26th and yes Celtic frost rocks (my opinion) ;)Yeahwitcher: I listened more than a few song of Nightwish, my girlfriend is a fan of them so I'm cursed to hear that day after day.

Stormbringer said:
Yes the released date is October 26th and yes Celtic frost rocks (my opinion) ;)
Yeah...I was always a fan of Celtic Frosty Flakes! ;DI saw them a few months back roadie-ing for Type-o Negative. I am a little "iffy" on their latest albulm (I do not hate it, in my opinion it is just "ok"), but they kicked ass for a bunch of "old guys!" ;)"Vader"...my bass player is into them big time, they always struck me as a less talented Sepultura...BUT, that is just my Opinion. Heh

DrStrange said:
DrStrange said:
Yes the released date is October 26th and yes Celtic frost rocks (my opinion) ;)
Yeah...I was always a fan of Celtic Frosty Flakes! ;DI saw them a few months back roadie-ing for Type-o Negative. I am a little "iffy" on their latest albulm (I do not hate it, in my opinion it is just "ok"), but they kicked ass for a bunch of "old guys!" ;)"Vader"...my bass player is into them big time, they always struck me as a less talented Sepultura...BUT, that is just my Opinion. Heh
Your bass player? You have a band, what is the name?

Stormbringer said:
Stormbringer said:
Stormbringer said:
Your bass player? You have a band, what is the name?
"Deadzone"You can check it out here if you like: www.myspace.com/deadzonebrooklyn (I go under the name "Alexander Strange"...my real name was too difficult for people to remember. Too many syllables ;D)BUT, the songs posted are from '94 (in other words, it is a bit "dated"). We are currently in studio as of July working on some new stuff and in talks with Roadrunner records for a one shot deal. We will see how that goes...

DrStrange said:
So.... whats your problem with steak? ;DYou know what makes me feel a little better about what i've been saying is your addmitance Stormbringer that even after being a Vader fan for 10 years + The song ... is lacking. (Big Time) IMO

Yeahwitcher said:
So.... whats your problem with steak? ;DYou know what makes me feel a little better about what i've been saying is your addmitance Stormbringer that even after being a Vader fan for 10 years + The song ... is lacking. (Big Time) IMO
I'm happy that you feel better ;), but I'm still a Vader fan til death. Even with some flaws.

Guys, The Witcher is not a mainstream RPG at all! Thats why mainstream bands like Nightwish and Sonata Arctica would not fit at all.I can guarantee you that at least 50% of The Witcher buyers are Death/Black/Dark Metalheadz. I got a huge metalcommunity around here and almost all of them are role-playing gamers and are going to buy The Witcher. Thats not the only evidence. Look at some metalforums and I do not mean any Nu Metal, Gothic Metal forums. Vader is the perfect choice!

i'm afraid that if 50% would be death metalheads, game wouldn't sell to well. There aren't very many of us around the world;)

okeeee.... Sword of the witchter ain't bad. From time to time listening to deathmetal is alright but listening death metal for 80 (or how many hours do we need to finisth one game version?) will torture my ears and mind.*duck* ;D

As a 30+ year guitar veteran, I want to know were the damn guitar solo was! The Witcher deserves a Zakk Wylde esq' chainsaw solo!

OneEyeRed said:
As a 30+ year guitar veteran, I want to know were the damn guitar solo was! The Witcher deserves a Zakk Wylde esq' chainsaw solo!
I personally find guitar solos annoying. I'm glad Vader would be willing to be somewhat original and not follow the same cookie cutter recipe that everyone else does :p

OneEyeRed said:
i don't think it fits to this song...

Top Bottom