Takedown with current weapon

+
Am I only one who thinks that grab + takedown with bare hands is boring and slow? Wouldn't it be nice having direct takedown with using your weapon in the hand instead of this annoying process?

It used to be in the game. You can see the option in old gameplay footage also I accidentally did a direct takedown before. The option appeared for me and I did the animation and finished someone. Apparently they removed it and I don't know why.

Takedowns in general got old really quick. Haven't tried any of the faster takedown perks, but even still it seems like it wasn't the way stealth was meant to be played. If we had AI companions and could do takedowns like the scripted ones during missions it'd be cool. For now it's meh.

probably janky given the different weapons available and still work in progress or iterating on it

Everything right now in the gameplay side seems still in the iteration stage and not really final

I find faster, realistic and more challenging to grab+takedown as the enemy teamate can see you. With grab before takedown u can move directly. Then using the npc as shield or faster move to throw him in a box.
Without the perk stealth tree, if u takedown directly then grab the bodie, u lost a step time to grab while all the enemy see u.

Maybe they could contextualize the take downs (Ej. when in close proximity to an enemy press X or Y for lethal/non-lethal).

Maybe they could contextualize the take downs (Ej. when in close proximity to an enemy press X or Y for lethal/non-lethal).
it will mess with non lethal mod on gun or cyberware.
Actually i have a revolver non lethal, so i can from distance one shot instant takedown.

Top Bottom