Thanks for the CD Project Red

+
Ehhh Story is not something special its "good" from what i hear and saw here & there. But no way anyone can call this game a "masterpiece" that is just straight out lie 😂 the game world is beautiful like never seen before in open world gaming.. But bruh what you call "some bugs & some flaws" are to be honest " huge bugs & MAJOR flaws " its easy too see the developers tried too craft the most beautiful city "visually" that was ruined by their higher up decision.. and yes this could have been easily a masterpiece game and also could have easily take the title as the best game in gaming history If the "immersive openworld rpg experience existed but unfortunately it doesn't exist many key features too a openworld is missing in Cyberpunk 2077 " good story " will never make a game "masterpiece".. who knows it still can be, the first large patch CDPR said will come somewhere in January so anytime soon, we will see how CDPR will approach the game but without statements of CDPR its difficult too judge..

ArvGuy

Forum regular
Deep story? Care to cite some examples? Frankly, I find the story to be harebrained most of the time. There are some nice characters but V is a bonehead and the main story is lame. All that nonsense with Johnny everywhere is headshakingly bad, letting that chip thing be the singular focus is bad.

They should have allowed the player to pick which issue to focus on, Johnny's Arasaka problem, Eve's problem, Panam's, or maybe give Rogue something. Instead we have a singular fixed path through the game and nothing else matters.

Good gameplay? As in, you run around and shoot people, GTA style? Yeah, that's not too bad. It's a damn shame that the level scaling in the game is so aggressive that fun fights are a rarity. Most fights you just wipe stuff out like insects or you get one-shotted by bullet sponge enemies that your weapons barely make a dent in. Unless you optimize a bit and then you'll probably take those enemies out, unless a stray bullet takes you out.

mbrto

Forum regular
no game i ever played made me care about the story and characters in a way that cyberpunk did.
not even mass effect, the witcher or any fallout game

it is truly a thing of beauty
and the soundtrack is still looping through my head

much love for all the developers and artists who made this experience possible

Fantastic game and well worth the $50 I got it for specially vs the amount of time I've already dumped into it (over 160hrs).

Sure there are issues, bugs, missing content and I generally do feel bad for console players that are having deep issues (and some PC players). My experience has been a good one. I have bumped into a few minor bugs and one irritating one, but I could always play and the game has only "flatlined" three times (for me).

Outside Skyrim this is already my second most played game in my library (and Skyrims like 10 years old at this point).

I look forward to the future of this game and can't wait to see where it goes.

I want to thank you for a good game and a masterpiece

I'm all for everyone having an opinion on what they like/dislike but I have an honest question for you; if this game was a masterpiece for you, that's fine. However, why do you think CDPR is offering refunds? Why are they profusely apologizing to the players? Why have they announced that they need to put out more patches/fixes in order to bring us the game they promised us and originally envisioned?

Because it's an unfinished, unbalanced and outright bare-bones ghost of what a game experience is, that's carried by the environment, acting and character potential. Do you honestly believe if you walked into their office and asked anyone at their desk if they would consider their game a masterpiece in it's current state?

Trust me, this game has the potential to be their magnum opus. I really hope they get it there, but to call it a masterpiece right now is almost offensive to the people working real damn hard right now at their office.

Fantastic game and well worth the $50 I got it for specially vs the amount of time I've already dumped into it (over 160hrs).

Sure there are issues, bugs, missing content and I generally do feel bad for console players that are having deep issues (and some PC players). My experience has been a good one. I have bumped into a few minor bugs and one irritating one, but I could always play and the game has only "flatlined" three times (for me).

Outside Skyrim this is already my second most played game in my library (and Skyrims like 10 years old at this point).

I look forward to the future of this game and can't wait to see where it goes.

so for you the wanted system is working? NPC's actually have AI in your game? when you scare a crowd or you aim at a crowd and look up & down or look away then look back the crowd does not disappear for you? you never had too restart quests because of quest breaking bugs? & more stuff that is bad of course.. so your game has many interactions besides missions in the vast openworld night city? By fantastic do you mean the story only and by well worth 50$ do you mean the story is worth 50$? This game offers nothing but a "goodish" story.. nothing else to do.. story & side mission you done them all? well play it all over again with a different character... if that's the future of immersive RPG openworld games then i really don't want too see the future of openworld games.. glad i see that CDPR devs are angry as well.. if the leaks are "real"

Don't worry i have hopes for CDPR they are amazing developers they have craft a beautiful visual game but was ruined thanks to higher up decision.. 6-12 months and we might be able too see the "real" Cyberpunk 2077 experience.

I just usually get confused when people call Cyberpunk 2077 fantastic or masterpiece.. Because i don't know if they mean the story only or the entire game.. which is laughable if that's what you mean with fantastic for the entire game ^^.

so for you the wanted system is working? NPC's actually have AI in your game? when you scare a crowd or you aim at a crowd and look up & down or look away then look back the crowd does not disappear for you? you never had too restart quests because of quest breaking bugs? & more stuff that is bad of course.. so your game has many interactions besides missions in the vast openworld night city? By fantastic do you mean the story only and by well worth 50$ do you mean the story is worth 50$? This game offers nothing but a "goodish" story.. nothing else to do.. story & side mission you done them all? well play it all over again with a different character... if that's the future of immersive RPG openworld games then i really don't want too see the future of openworld games.. glad i see that CDPR devs are angry as well.. if the leaks are "real"

Don't worry i have hopes for CDPR they are amazing developers they have craft a beautiful visual game but was ruined thanks to higher up decision.. 6-12 months and we might be able too see the "real" Cyberpunk 2077 experience.

I just usually get confused when people call Cyberpunk 2077 fantastic or masterpiece.. Because i don't know if they mean the story only or the entire game.. which is laughable if that's what you mean with fantastic for the entire game ^^.
Give them some slack. Not everybody is a veteran gamer and if you're not looking for certain things then they might not be obvious. Let people enjoy this game as long as they can.

I say this because they said that their 160 hours on this game is the second most they've spent on a game. Which is fine, but it certainly does not indicate a person that has spent thousand and thousands of hours on games over the years. For me, I doubt my 190h on this game is even top 20. Which is kind of ridiculous, come to think about it.

Even though I experienced the bugs on PS4, I still think Cyberpunk is a great game and therefore want to thank CDPR for it.
The setting and the story are one of the points what I like about the game and hope that the Cyberpunk universe will be expanded maybe with another city and crossplatform multiplayer.

Since my positive post above seems to have triggered reactions I'll explain further...

My gaming record goes back probably further then a lot of people playing this game have been alive... Atari days, cartridge, 8088s, 286s, and up for computers.. back when the earliest computers didn't even have hard drives and you had to swap-floppies while playing.

I have seen a great many AAA titles thru betas and launches - none have been perfect. Not a single one... and nearly all of them disappointing some group in one way or another.

Hence why I said this game dose have issues in my above post... But it is also a good game. My opinion, and i hope it will improve over time, which I know it will... all games do. That is, outside a rare few over the past 30+ years... Talking AAA titles here, not small development teams, groups, or studios.

Cyberpunk may have a lot of ticked off players, and that's fine, but it is far from a "flop"... it will get there.. in time. it's only been 1 month.

In its best moments, this game achieves something quite unique and unprecedented in terms of immersion. The casting of characters broken by a city they hate yet always come back to make the game shine. During those moments
(Judy side quests, especially Pyramid Song - the Arasaka Parade and its genius floats designs - sitting with Panam around a bonfire under the stars - trying to help Johnny do the right things and help the former members of his group for one last gig, and so on)
Cyberpunk becomes something truly special and filled with unparalleled potential.

It's a shame that this very same game, in its worst moments, feel like a product full of overlooked and half-baked features coming from a studio which wouldn't have any experience at all in the gaming field. Almost to the point of sounding insulting. Beyond the bugs which are to be expected in such a game, some mandatory features for an open world of this scope are missing (a few side activities), some are put there but without any balance or design behind it (crafting), and overall user experience can become something terrible (UI, the whole clothing system lacking transmog and previews, overall navigation and loot micro management for example). And the console versions of the game would require an entire paragraph separately.

Yet, all of those very lacking areas fade away when the characters of the game start telling you about their dreams, their hopes and their struggles to survive and live another day in a city they despise yet can't get away from. You suddenly forget about all these terrible mistakes when you're riding your bike at 3am around Japantown and are caught yet again by another beautiful unique scenery the city lays in front of you, and the game tricks you to go on your journey yet again.

All in all, beyond the polish Cyberpunk obviously needs, I just wish the game gave more room to breathe to those wonderful and relatable characters, and to Night City itself, by making both of them more interactive to us players, instead of hiding the game's inner beauty behind quest tunnels and short scripted moments. I'm confident though, it can be improved and made into a unique experience which could go beyond the gaming field. Whether it will become that or not depends on the shoulders and will of CDPR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom