The Blue Stripes

+
The Blue Stripes

Why are the blue stripes cards like Vernon Roche , Ves, Commandos and scouts restricted to melee row only ?

They are just as good in ranged combat as well because of their guerrilla warfare background .

Maybe the devs should make them like this card :http://media-SeaWolf.cursecdn.com/avatars/1/417/3110icon.png

Which gives you the choice of putting it either in melee or ranged row but it doesn't have that famous scoeatael agile icon.

I feel a lot of the cards in the melee row are place holder right now. Other wise everything seems to be melee. Unless they want games like the monsters deck of w3 where you biting frost or you lose.

I made a really cool Siege heavy control deck on Gwentdb.com today. Tried to do a focused control build..let me know what you guys think please. I would love to have discussions and critiques starting over there as well..bounce ideas and so forth. http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/1656-focused-control
I think it is risky, but could catch a few by surprise..

Seems like a really solid deck, especially with the "pre-meta" mainly focusing on melee row right now. However, with the new monster sirens cards coming which are buffed with rain, I would maybe switch a fog card with a clear weather, and maybe ditch Triss : Butterfly Spell for another hero. I think Thaler would also be a better fit than the Operator, as right now most of your hero cards can be pretty situational.

I think of the main drawbacks of those decks with a backup plan is that you might get a bad first draw, where you can't focus on a row and buff your cards, but the spies and the Northern Realm faction ability, aswell as the ability to redraw 3 cards now mainly negate that. Pretty hard to tell right now though.

I'd just like to add that I'm not a pro or anything , so maybe I'm just saying really stupid stuff right now.

Last edited:
Seems like a really solid deck, especially with the "pre-meta" mainly focusing on melee row right now. However, with the new monster sirens cards coming which are buffed with rain, I would maybe switch a fog card with a clear weather, and maybe ditch Triss : Butterfly Spell for another hero. I think Thaler would also be a better fit than the Operator, as right now most of your hero cards can be pretty situational.

I think of the main drawbacks of those decks with a backup plan is that you might get a bad first draw, where you can't focus on a row and buff your cards, but the spies and the Northern Realm faction ability, aswell as the ability to redraw 3 cards now mainly negate that. Pretty hard to tell right now though.

I'd just like to add that I'm not a pro or anything , so maybe I'm just saying really stupid stuff right now.

Thank you so much for that great critique. I love building decks and sharing ideas. Good suggestions, I will re evaluate, but you are right it is hard to tell atm

i'd be willing to bet that its because Northern Realms does well on siege, or it will when beta rolls out, and that the Blue Stripes are going to be an archetype of sorts, in row 1, while the row 3 archetype is siege weaponry. And maybe reaver meta for row 2? Lol

Top Bottom