The General Videogame Thread

+
I can't help but be critical at this stage. I'd rather he presented a more coherent idea of what the game will actually do before hiring a roster of A-list actors.

I agree, I can't get an impression as well. But from what actors are saying, it looks like they have a clear plan, at least story wise.

In the old Rocquefort, silent guards stand Stilton. Will our Brieave tyromancer retrieve one of the old recipes without awakening the ancient Münsters that lie dormant?
Amongst whom none is quite as terrifying as the Casu Marzu. Imprisoned by the Rochebarron, it forever haunts the Rocqefort. Will our fearless hero meet a gruesome feta?

My housemate has got me hooked on Dark Souls, Having a lot of fun with it but I am not far in, killed the Taurus Beast last time I played - It was quite a funny battle as it consisted of me doing the falling attack, running away screaming, climbing the ladder again and then jumping on him again 3/4 times!

Playing a wanderer we called Floyd (We were listening to Pink Floyd while playing).

My housemate has got me hooked on Dark Souls, Having a lot of fun with it but I am not far in, killed the Taurus Beast last time I played - It was quite a funny battle as it consisted of me doing the falling attack, running away screaming, climbing the ladder again and then jumping on him again 3/4 times!

I can assure you, your're not the only one who did that. :rofl:

Last edited:
Stellaris dev diary about FTL travel in case anyone cares. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-4-means-of-travel.886502/

Short summary. Three forms of FTL. Choose one at game start and you're stuck with it for whole game. Each faction has their own FTL.
  • Wormholes have very long range, very long preparation times, and require a space-station to generate portals everytime you jump.
  • Warpdrives have medium range, short preparation times, and long recharge times. They're ship mounted, expensive, and the slowest FTL.
  • Hyperlanes have very short range. They're fast, inexpensive, and have no preparation time. But each one has to be located before you can use it.

That golden anchor-robot is probably a good approximation to the Future News anchor-robot, Dirk Thrustington. A minute of silence in memory of the last iteration of the forums.

Moving on, when was the last time a truly innovative game came out? At least this year there's TToN.

Finished Outlast earlier today. After a long, long pause. I have to say it's a pretty good horror/survival game, but doesn't get really engaging until past the second half at least. Maybe even the last third. The first part relies too much on scares and atmosphere alone, but nearing the end there are many more adventure (puzzles and so on) elements. Most of the narrative is done by picking up documents and video recording certain key scenes which generate notes, and again only the last bit features enough conversations to tie it all together... somewhat. I am a bit disappointed by the course of events and how they tried to naturalize certain elements, relying on essentially "modern day magic".

In any case it's pretty good and a really thrilling experience.

Finished Outlast earlier today. After a long, long pause. I have to say it's a pretty good horror/survival game, but doesn't get really engaging until past the second half at least. Maybe even the last third. The first part relies to much on scares and atmosphere alone, but nearing the end there are many more adventure (puzzles and so on) elements. Most of the narrative is done by picking up documents and video recording certain key scenes which generate notes, and again only the last bit features enough conversations to tie it all together... somewhat. I am a bit disappointed by the course of events and how they tried to naturalize certain elements, relying on essentially "modern day magic".

In any case it's pretty good and a really thrilling experience.

I remember playing that last year at 1am one time. Couldn't sleep that whole night.

I remember playing that last year at 1am one time. Couldn't sleep that whole night.

Yeah it is a bit disturbing. I like how a lot of what happens in the asylum (minus the supernatural) is actually based on real, known behaviors. Like, the threats, dialogues, etc. Makes it super creepy and believable.

This is one game I wouldn't want a young kid playing, and not because of the gore. It really is mentally and emotionally disturbing. But we like that :)

Yeah it is a bit disturbing. I like how a lot of what happens in the asylum (minus the supernatural) is actually based on real, known behaviors. Like, the threats, dialogues, etc. Makes it super creepy and believable.

This is one game I wouldn't want a young kid playing, and not because of the gore. It really is mentally and emotionally disturbing. But we like that :)

The amount of fucked up shit in this game is on another level.

I did complete it but deleted it off my PS4 straight after.

someguy2000 :unworthy:

Top Bottom