The General Videogame Thread

+
Apart from Warband mods? I can't really think of anything, unless you want to go to the trouble of getting Oblivion to work on modern PCs...Oh joy.

Nooooes, well here we go again, 1257AD the adventures of Rojek continue, I have a nice fifedom on the border between Poland and the Teutonic order and those buggers keep coming and burning it down... I'll get revenge some day once my army isn't just 100 peasants!

Might look into getting Oblivion working again.. Prefer that to Skyrim anyway.

So it's finally happened, I convinced my friends (One of which I converted from a fervent Dragon Age fan to a huge Witcher fan) to try a Witcher P&P campaign, it's still being planned but I am so excited, our GM is basing it in the second Nilfgaardian invasion - We're still currently working on our characters we've got one Nilfgaardian or Angren deserter (He wasn't sure and we've not met up again yet), two Dwarves (a pair of brothers) a Temerian deserter and myself and I am playing a travelling healer like Marti or Visenna (without the druid part).

We're using Cogent which if you don't know is a streamlined P&P system so it should make it all the better for our first time Dwarf ahah.
http://cogentroleplay.com/

So excited for this... Wont happen for a while though.

So it's finally happened, I convinced my friends (One of which I converted from a fervent Dragon Age fan to a huge Witcher fan) to try a Witcher P&P campaign, it's still being planned but I am so excited, our GM is basing it in the second Nilfgaardian invasion - We're still currently working on our characters we've got one Nilfgaardian or Angren deserter (He wasn't sure and we've not met up again yet), two Dwarves (a pair of brothers) a Temerian deserter and myself and I am playing a travelling healer like Marti or Visenna (without the druid part).

We're using Cogent which if you don't know is a streamlined P&P system so it should make it all the better for our first time Dwarf ahah.

Maybe the actual P&P RPG will be released soon if we're all lucky. I wouldn't mind trying that thing out myself.

Maybe the actual P&P RPG will be released soon if we're all lucky. I wouldn't mind trying that thing out myself.

It's a shame its not, but Cogent is pretty fun and flexible so I don't mind it's more of a generic system with lots of leeway, I was surprised that none of us argued about wanting to be a Witcher, but I am glad we got a nice mix, I suggested to our Temerian to have a prejudice towards the Dwarves, dunno if he'll do it though, my character has a bit of an OCD problem, not Tissaia level but still pretty bad will be pretty interesting with the Dwarves, being Dwarves.

I've never heard of this system, looks really good. I've always preferred simpler, very rules light systems myself, with my favorite being Savage Worlds.

I've never heard of this system, looks really good. I've always preferred simpler, very rules light systems myself, with my favorite being Savage Worlds.

Oooh, I've not used that one likewise, yeah Cogent is pretty much just down to negotiation with the GM for a lot of things, lots of homebrew rules.

My character so far.

I don't like playing the OP characters - In this one I am playing the more passive support character lots of utility but low combat ability, should be fun.

I'm still playing Wasteland 2 instead of B&W. Strange.
Nah, nothing strange about that at all.
I'm holding off on it too, until they hopefully have straightened out and addressed some minor but troubling issues I read about and also noticed myself when briefly firing up the game to see if 1.21 had been applied correctly.

Last edited:
EA conference roundup.

Beyond this (and what's been posted in other threads) they just had the usual annual sports games.

[video=youtube;N1tin-oga7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tin-oga7c[/video]

New Quake which is a Hero based online shooter, made by the same developers who created such masterpieces as Halo Master Chief collection

:smile:

Way to take all the goodwill you have built up with excellent new Wolfensteins & DOOM and flush it down the shitter, Bethesda.

New Quake which is a Hero based online shooter, made by the same developers who created such masterpieces as Halo Master Chief collection

:smile:

Way to take all the goodwill you have built up with excellent new Wolfensteins & DOOM and flush it down the shitter, Bethesda.

One big buggy mess coming right up. :facepalm:

Top Bottom