The General Videogame Thread

+
I don't know if someone already talked about that (I'm sure someone did at some point at least mentioned that), but Cyberpunk 2077 is not the first video game based on Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk. Back in 2007 the game called Cyberpunk: The Arasaka's Plot was released for a mobile phones in which we play as Arasaka's augmented soldier during Fourth Corporate War.

Looks interesting. Very clearly inspired by Another World and Flashback in terms of both visual style, as well as gameplay. What little reviews of this game exist, seems quite positive about it. I don't think you can get it legally anymore, but it looks like something I would liked to check myself..

I decided to grab Stardew Valley (heartily recommended to me, both directly and indirectly) and Kerbal Space Program on GOG. The latter happened to be on a -50% sale so it's definitely going to be worth more than its price.

I know from watching videos and streams, and from friend recommendations, that both games are incredibly fun and I look forward to sinking dozens upon dozens of hours into them.

Stardew Valley is a great little game. Never would have though i'd play such a thing but it won me over. Going by its acclaim i'm not the only one.

Kerbal is hard, i mean rendezvousing is very hard. Theres mods to make it easier but ive only played without. I managed to rendezvous with the stranded kerbal in orbit but i had forgotten to build a rocket pod with room for him. I had him hold on to an external ladder but he burned & flew off on re-entry.
Hes still out there, somewhere

Stardew Valley is a great little game.
I "tried it out"... for 5,5 hours. Where did all those hours go?!

Kerbal is hard
I know, but I've seen such abysmal yet hilarious efforts that surely I can't do much worse than that. I think I'll test that out tomorrow, and probably end up messing around and crash-landing if I even manage to get off the ground.
I've never been good at building stuff in games... there was this one children's game where you built cars. I sometimes forgot a key part, such as the steering wheel, so I don't have high hopes of managing to build a working spacecraft without failing multiple times first, even though it's now 10++ years later.

...and Kerbal Space Program...

I love Kerbal. Great game, extremely fun, and a surprisingly deep (if still light) exploration of Newtonian physics. I have gotten myself into many interesting situations and had a blast trying to figure out ways out of them.

Something i stumbled apon by chance, but offers some good insight on "mainstream gaming outlets" and the correlation to games, sales, and ofc gamers.

After 3 episodes of the awesome HBO show "Chernobyl", i ran across something that immediately had my interest, if Metro or Stalker wasn't enough of a taste:

Both DS (confirmed by the glorious kojima himself) and TLOU2 presented in 2 days with dates and released in the next 6 months? I don't know, it sounds too optimistic (but I'd sell my kids for that), 1 of them sounds more likely, with the other in spring 2020 and GoT in fall 2020 together with PS5 (cross-platform game: ps4 "low settings", ps4 pro mid, ps5 high).
I don't have kids

I doubt they‘ll wait for the PS5 release. So far, I’d say the TLoU2 gameplay-material looks like it‘s made for PS4.

But we‘ll see. I‘m very much looking forward to this game.

I'm folowing that damn playstation Live, btw

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can we say? If you want the best cinematic experiences in videogames, sony is the way to go. And TLOU2 coming soon.

Last edited:
Death Stranding so far reminds me combination of Final Fantasy XV (in terms of aesthetic combining realism, Sci-Fi and fantasy), Breath of The WIld (the way main character uses different tools and laws of physics to explore the world) and Metal Gear (for obvious reasons). But other then that I have no real idea what to expect, looks like a potentially good game, but also something that can easily turns out to be just a mess of disjointed ideas. We'll see.

I'm pretty sure I'll have the credits rolling and still have no idea wtf is happening in Death Stranding.

Anyway, I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on the Switch. The movement is a little annoying, as they decided to get rid of proper analog movement for some reason. Other than that, it's a classic and I also love revisiting the PS FFs.

Guest 3847602

I will say now, I wouldn't mind if they went turn-based with it. Although, I'd imagine it will be more like Dragon Age: Origins.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, never had a problem with turn-based combat in any game, but I think they should stick with real-time with pause for this one. Just for the sake of continuity.
I wonder how they intend to follow that story. The Bhaalspawn arc is very nicely tied off.
Possibly something based on the Black Hound, more likely something original. Either way, I cannot wait for the official confirmation and first wave of information. :)

Top Bottom