The General Videogame Thread

+
Finished that Among the Sleep, playing as a chab is pretty unique and innovative, but slightly dissonant considering what you're doing. Very bloody short and not that scary if you ask me, and you'll probably guess what's going on long before the end. Nowt special, could have done a lot more with it if you ask me.

To continue my Mission:Backlog I started playing Tomb Raider right after SD.

First of all, I understand now why some of our Witcherettes here found it difficult sometimes to play with Geralt in 3rd person. In TR it's hard for me to concentrate too :p

Other than that, I'm about 2 hours in and I quite enjoy it. I like the mood of the game, the graphics are definitely not too bad on highest settings. So far it has this element of excitement when you explore the surroundings. But I can already feel it coming when Lara will pull off the Breaking Bad trick and transform from a fragile woman into a killing machine. Without the subtlety of Breaking Bad, obviously.

Oh, and the QTEs...just...just no.
Plus: Outstanding voice-acting! Camilla Luddington did an absolutely fantastic job on young Lara!

Oh my god...that is so sad. These developers should be more vocal and share these stories with gamers more often. If more people knew maybe we could pressure the companies to treat their employees with respect.

Oh my god...that is so sad. These developers should be more vocal and share these stories with gamers more often. If more people knew maybe we could pressure the companies to treat their employees with respect.

Nah, come on, that's boring! It's better to pressure the companies to include in their games every feature we can imagine!

Sounds like they ought to get unionized. That way they could demand from the industry to tie their jobs to their products (i.e. if the game does good they can’t fire anyone) and such.

It looks pretty good. I know most of you are PC only but still its running on 1080p/30fps (PS4) demo.

MGS 5 30 minutes gameplay video.
[video=youtube;Fm5g9zP-GtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5g9zP-GtY[/video]

So, I finished InFamous: Second Son the other day. It was an entertaining brainless action game. The different powers you get are shiny to look at and fun to play with. But all in all the game is nothing to write home about, definitely.

Now I´ve started playing Rayman Legends, also in my PS4. Gotta say: it´s amazingly fun if you like platform games. And the art design is really cool.
Of course, it´s just a distraction while I see what other game to get in, but I´m truly enjoying it!

It looks pretty good. I know most of you are PC only but still its running on 1080p/30fps (PS4) demo.

NICE! It's a good thing that it's coming to PC, even though it will probably be a while after! :thumbsup:

they made it all action-gamey to appeal to certain western demographics. bad move.

the fulton air recovery system is a joke. :faceplam:

The game is really coming to PC? Oh good I didn't know that.

It will be a long while down the line however so don't go thinking it will be released on the first day. I believe that they will see how the console version fares before they release the PC version.

I believe that they will see how the console version fares before they release the PC version.

So you are just assuming that they will release the PC version and it wasn't officially announced?

Fuck Halo, fuck Master Chef, fuck Destiny, fuck consoles, BRING BACK MYTH.

Or at least let fucking GOG release the old ones.

You do know that this is Bungie you are talking about? When have they EVER listened to us? They claim to be independent but are more like Microsoft's willing slave.

That looks mighty ambitious.

There are 3 games that make me want a PS - Uncharted, The Last of Us and MGS. I actually played MGS4, during highschool, but it was without playing the previous 3 and honestly I... didn't have any idea what the hell was happening. Was such a strange storyline to follow (or get lost while trying to), but I remember the game being awesome, and I recognized that if I had followed the story from game one, then certain moments in 4 would make me go "holy shit". Sadly, there was no emotional impact since I didn't follow the series.

Writing this, I wonder how CDPR will convey Ciri's and Yennefer's importance to new players.

they made it all action-gamey to appeal to certain western demographics. bad move.

the fulton air recovery system is a joke. :faceplam:

I rolled my eyes at that and the box. I'm afraid I need more realism/immersion in my games than that.

Was such a strange storyline to follow (or get lost while trying to), but I remember the game being awesome, and I recognized that if I had followed the story from game one, then certain moments in 4 would make me go "holy shit". Sadly, there was no emotional impact since I didn't follow the series..

Consider yourself lucky. MGS4 is a mess, Kojima intentionally set out to ruin and retcon a lot of things from previous games. It is pretty much a game where he gave the fans every little thing they asked for and proved why many suggestions should not make it to the final product. No emotional impact is better than all of the emotions that followed that game's conclusion if you'd been a long time fan, trust me.

...but I will recommend playing 1-3, they are great games.

Top Bottom