The General Videogame Thread

+
More SEGA games may be coming to Steam.

Valkyria Chronicles Smashes All Expectations to Reach Number One on Steam!

Yesterday, Valkyria Chronicles released for PC via digital download and during its first 24 hours on sale, blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water. The award-winning Strategy RPG, originally released in 2008 for PlayStation 3, forced its way to the top of the Steam download charts, beating a host of brand new games to reach number one.

“We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans for their support in the phenomenal success of this launch,” said John Clark, Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe, “We’re also delighted at the response from the Steam community which indicates that newcomers to the series are finding it as enchanting and engaging as those who have played it before.”

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/11/sega-very-happy-with-valkyria.html

Hopefully we may get Vanquish and Bayonetta 1.

Observing the current Ass Creed launching disaster, thinking, what a fucking smart move that was on my part to not preorder Far Cry 4. Dodged a bullet right there, whew.

I mean, I’m still excited and all, but… will definitely wait for reviews now.

Observing the current Ass Creed launching disaster, thinking, what a fucking smart move that was on my part to not preorder Far Cry 4. Dodged a bullet right there, whew.

I mean, I’m still excited and all, but… will definitely wait for reviews now.

Yeah I'm doing the same. I'm glad I didn't order that piece of poorly optimized shite now! :lol:

MGS thread is pretty dead. I'll just post this here for so maybe people see who are interested see it

MGSV Ground Zeroes controls on PC. Also, I've heard the Konami rep on Neogaf said pre-orders should be open within a few days. Spoiler because the image is pretty big.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311340/announcements/detail/252527885602176472

If they do this right and it sells, I hope they bring the other MGS games to PC! :)
I would love if they did that. MGS1 and 2 are on PC though they aren't fantastic ports. I'd love if they brought the HD collection over and MGS4. I think they wanted to put MGS4 on Xbox 360 but it was just too big in size for anything over than bluray. Metal gear started on PC.

I think MGSV will be a fantastic PC version. All footage of FOX for awhile was running on PC and they said that. FOX was made with high end PCs in mind. PES uses FOX on PC and I hear it runs great and has mod tools. Plus, they even said what the PC version of MGSV will have over the console version.

Some more news. 60FPS lock, I guess? This could be a mistake. I've seen people say "Lock" when they mean Vsync is an option or the fact that it isn't locked at 30. Maybe someone will fix it. Personally, I'm at 60Hz so not a big deal to me. I know most people are. PS controllers will still use Xbox buttons. I guess Sony had a hand in that. Good news is that DS3/4 are supported though. The game does support 4K too

Ha, Robert actually accepted my friend request on steam.

Last edited:
More SEGA games may be coming to Steam.

Valkyria Chronicles Smashes All Expectations to Reach Number One on Steam!

Yesterday, Valkyria Chronicles released for PC via digital download and during its first 24 hours on sale, blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water. The award-winning Strategy RPG, originally released in 2008 for PlayStation 3, forced its way to the top of the Steam download charts, beating a host of brand new games to reach number one.

“We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans for their support in the phenomenal success of this launch,” said John Clark, Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe, “We’re also delighted at the response from the Steam community which indicates that newcomers to the series are finding it as enchanting and engaging as those who have played it before.”

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/11/sega-very-happy-with-valkyria.html

Hopefully we may get Vanquish and Bayonetta 1.

good on them! hopefully we get stuff like Last Guardian or Bloodborne

good on them! hopefully we get stuff like Last Guardian or Bloodborne
Sony owns both of those IPs if I'm not mistaken. I really would not get your hopes up on that. I see a lot of people expecting a Bloodborne PC version but if Demon's Souls never got one I doubt this will.

Sony owns both of those IPs if I'm not mistaken. I really would not get your hopes up on that. I see a lot of people expecting a Bloodborne PC version but if Demon's Souls never got one I doubt this will.
Well, then it's clear what has to happen: PC port of Demon's Souls and bundled release. :yes

Jut found the Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Edition for 8€. It would be must buy if I had the money.

MGS V GZ pre-orders? Damn I sooo poor righ now...

Jut found the Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete Edition for 8€. It would be must buy if I had the money.

MGS V GZ pre-orders? Damn I sooo poor righ now...
I wouldn't expect Ground Zeroes to be more than $19.99. The digital PS4 version is now $19.99 by default. Still a month till it comes out too. It might even go on sale in the steam Christmas sale. Metal gear rising went on sale before it was even out as part of a daily deal

Speaking of. PC gameplay soon and new info. Spoiler for big post

"You can demo the experience of the first unveiling become "Metal Gear Solid V ground Zerozu" PC version. Moreover, I can play at a high resolution of 4K use the system of "GeForce GTX 980 3-Way SLI".

Also, for those who participated in the session of the new features "VXGI" of the latest GPU architecture "Maxwell" to be held at the NVIDIA booth will be present and signature badge of Metal Gear."

http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/274/274840/

No mouse acceleration

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else, but after the AC: Unity disaster, I'm waiting for TotalBiscuits WTF IS? on Far Cry 4 just in case that Ubisoft have screwed up that one as well. :'(

Top Bottom