The Gwent client freezes.

+
The Gwent client freezes.

With "freezes" I don't mean that the game crashes but that after a bit, (sometime sooner, other times later, like in the login screen, in the menu or during a game), the entire screen frezes, it shows always the same frame, but the game itself continues working, I can hear the background music, and if I was playing, I can hear the opponent play his cards and I can play mine, with sound and all, but the frame is always the same since it freezed, the only solution is to close the program via alt-f4 or the task manager.
This happens on my laptop and not my Desktop pc, the laptop has an intel-4400 gpu updated with the latest drivers, and Windows10, also up to date.

This sounds like it could be a display issue. What are your graphics settings set to in-game?

SigilFey;n7640200 said:
What are your graphics settings set to in-game?
Graphics set to low, no AA, fullscreen, I tried now a game without Vsync and it didn't freeze, there might be a correlation?
Now I'm trying a bit more without vsync to see if it crashes (I have disabled vsync while in windowed mode, so i'm not sure it's the vsync or fullscreen).

The official minimum system requirements found here list dedicated AMD or Nvidia GPUs but not intel integrated graphics so there is no promise that it should work on your laptop:

https://www.playgwent.com/en/suppor...rements-can-i-run-gwent-the-witcher-card-game

The intel 4400 graphics on a laptop may well thermal throttle while playing which could result in freezes, although driver glitches is more likely the cause as intel drivers are not as well optimized and neither is gwent at this point.

I was considering exactly what Chaob_N7 states above, but I find it very interesting that uncapped frames doesn't cause it to bottom out more quickly. That's curious.

Before throwing in the towel, can you post some screenshots of whatever Control Panel settings are available for the 4400 through Windows?

Can't say for sure, but if you right-click in an open area on the Desktop, the little menu that appears will likely say something like Graphics Properties or Intel GPU Settings. I imagine the correct window will look something like this:

That is the intel dedicated graphics panel (there are more pages, the one in the picture is the profile one, there is also 3D, Display, Power and Options, do you want a screenshot from only one of those tabs or more?), unfortunately before monday/tuesday i cannot take a screenshot, however yesterday and the day before, the game freezed only 2 times, and I used Gwent for a few hours total, so I think the problem is related to v-sync, because with the v-sync activated, after at most 5 mins the client freezed, always (it happened also in the 2-3 patch prior to this one).

Tungdilboindil;n7664410 said:
That is the intel dedicated graphics panel (there are more pages, the one in the picture is the profile one, there is also 3D, Display, Power and Options, do you want a screenshot from only one of those tabs or more?), unfortunately before monday/tuesday i cannot take a screenshot, however yesterday and the day before, the game freezed only 2 times, and I used Gwent for a few hours total, so I think the problem is related to v-sync, because with the v-sync activated, after at most 5 mins the client freezed, always (it happened also in the 2-3 patch prior to this one).

A screenshot of everything you can find under the 3D settings is probably the best place to start. To be completely upfront, I believe it's simply that the card can't handle the game, or that the drivers for it are creating an issue. I'm not familiar with the card itself, though, so I'd at least like to take its temperature before "putting it on the cart". (The Vsync thing has me very interested, too.) Whenever you get around to it is fine! :)

Happens the same here.
Just now, it happened on the menu screen.

The above part of the options ( Multiplayer, Singleplayer, Options, Shop,etc ) Works perfectly.
Now the sub-options, as the cursor hovers above it, it simply doesn't react, but the sounds still work.
Didn't tested clicking on the sub-option, but i think it's clear that the game is still working and it's a screen issue of the game, imo.

... anyone noticed something?

Top Bottom