The Nerf Hammer

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
NG is insanely strong right now. i did build a 'play your opponent's deck' deck, and its insane, the only things pulling me down is i dont have 3x Slave Drivers yet (literally EVERYONE is using them now), 3x Ointments, and i insist on using Letho which screws me more times than helps me.

I was able to "collect" over 7 beastmasters on a single match! (the irony is i never once used them on SK myself) And i won against Dwarves 2-0. Seriously, this will be the next NG archetype, probably with a bit more alchemy to really crush with those Viper Witchers.

i think they should nerf some big powerplays like nekkers consume deck (its a good deck to play but the power of the deck is insane), ciri nova (need to be nerfed IMO ), tremors (reduce the strengh of the 6 str golem ) ,dwarfs and NG alchemy , Skellig axemens. if they nerf a bit each archetypes then some new archetypes can emerge from players deck building creativity .

for buffs i hope they will buff northern realms the faction is interesting , i suggest adding more synergies to the faction , there is too much different things and sometimes it's hard to assemble the puzzle .

i hope some monsters archetypes will get buffed

and skellig (guys the story is true i am a new player and the most difficult quest to complete was with skellig , bronzes card need more synergy and a bit up))

Last edited:
I love how hopeful we were that things would get nerfed when in fact they had so many issues to fix it was basically a "fix patch". Nerfs will likely be coming soon though. I feel like CDPR are having difficulty catching up to the shitstorm they have set loose in this game haha.

You guys are rIght. Now that the mid winter update is out the fun is passing each day now that meta has set in. I'm having a tough time getting level 14 now because every deck played against is an overpowered net-deck. I was stuck at 20 last season.

needs a nerd for spotters, ointment needs moved to skellige this is lore friendly and will nerf vipers without having to change them, tremors, reveal nerds toned down so cards in hand can't be damaged, slave driver needs nerfed or made silver. spys need to be one use only same as beast masters, dwarves needs tweaked because it's nearly impossible to top with most decks..

I'm actually ok with create at this point because it can keep things fresh. Only people who really hate it are people who's net deck lost to a random card.. They help keep stale net deck somewhat fresh. I just don't understand how it's fun for some people to play the same decks over, I can understand if you created it but your copying someone else's deck. Same kind of people are the ones who cheat in online gaming then act like they did nothing wrong. So much potential here with Gwent.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want someone to explain immune on werewolves?

why should a bronze card been immune? i mean golds aren't even immune anymore!
you can"t muzzle it either. what i really don"t understand at least witchers should been able to kill them. i mean they use silver swords!!!
you should been able to counter them. i mean maybe add garlic or something like that to alchemy. a card that would make sense as to why it could damage them when other cards can"t.

johndee77

Hi and welcome to the forums. Werewolves don't have a continues ability that is threatening, unlike some other (gold) cards. Even if you place them in Moonlight, they only become an easier target for Scorch, which still works against immune. As for the lore, Gwent doesn't really follow it. Take for example the Witchers, which can be played in a Monster deck. That, and many other things, doesn't make any sense from a lore perspective.

4RM3D;n10232832 said:
johndee77

Hi and welcome to the forums. Werewolves don't have a continues ability that is threatening, unlike some other (gold) cards. Even if you place them in Moonlight, they only become an easier target for Scorch, which still works against immune. As for the lore, Gwent doesn't really follow it. Take for example the Witchers, which can be played in a Monster deck. That, and many other things, doesn't make any sense from a lore perspective.

They may not have a continuous ability, but then again, how many cards actually do (Gold or otherwise)? That argument doesn't negate johndee77's statement of incredulity, and he's right:Werewolf is (potentially) a 14 pt unit that can't be targeted for removal. That's ridiculously OP for a bronze, even in light of the crazy power-surge provided to bronzes by the latest patch.

I notice that you tend bring up Scorch as the "answer-all". I have three comments for you: 1) Some decks don't jive well with Scorch. 2) You actually have to draw that card or find a way to "Tutor" it out of your deck. I can say this is not so easy to do for NR, although it may be for other factions. 3) Within the context of Werewolves, keep in mind they are in Moonlight, and therefore there's a good chance that as Werewolves are being played onto that row, one of them will have gained a "+2" due to the boon effect, from a previous round. Guess what.. Scorch's value just went down a lot in this scenario. In fact, I don't think Scorch is the best answer to this particular issue. Regardless, the main point is Werewolf is an OP bronze. My suggestion is to reduce it to 10 power or take away the immune.

Philologus;n10234102 said:
They may not have a continuous ability, but then again, how many cards actually do (Gold or otherwise)? That argument doesn't negate johndee77's statement of incredulity, and he's right:Werewolf is (potentially) a 14 pt unit that can't be targeted for removal. That's ridiculously OP for a bronze, even in light of the crazy power-surge provided to bronzes by the latest patch.

Keep in mind that you sometimes have this card without any moonlight effect - then it's just a bad card. Currently I think there are just 4 reliable ways to get moonlight ("create" might be able to pull another one though), which is less than Frost for example. Besides, every hazard effect can remove it right away.

The moonlight archetype currently isn't that strong so I don't see a good reason to worry about perhaps the only moonlight related card that gets a bit of tempo on the board. But sure, compared to Ice Giant it's significantly stronger (then again, almost no one plays that card currently...).

devivre;n10234212 said:
Keep in mind that you sometimes have this card without any moonlight effect - then it's just a bad card. Currently I think there are just 4 reliable ways to get moonlight ("create" might be able to pull another one though), which is less than Frost for example. Besides, every hazard effect can remove it right away.

The moonlight archetype currently isn't that strong so I don't see a good reason to worry about perhaps the only moonlight related card that gets a bit of tempo on the board. But sure, compared to Ice Giant it's significantly stronger (then again, almost no one plays that card currently...).

I agree with you. Right now, the Moonlight/Bloodmoon archetype isn't OP (or even strong, as you say), but if CDPR introduces more cards that synergize, Werewolves will be the icing on the cake. Plus, as you probably have thought, Moonlight has a major disadvantage in that players who use that strategy will line up their units on that Moonlit row, which lines those units up for a Lacerate or a Merigold's Hailstorm.

Now if CDPR introduces a gold card that puts Moonlight/Bloodmoon on every row, this will be a different topic. (PLEASE don't do that CDPR, because it would be massively OP)

Have you noticed that DIMERITIUM BOMB was also silently nerfed? It now resets ONLY buffed Units. I found this the hard way today, while trying the card for the first time since, like it seems, Closed Beta.

Why no one in CDPR writes about all of these "small" changes in tons and tons of the cards?

Top Bottom