The Problem with Nilfgaard

+
The last expansion has widened the gap even more in terms of points between Nilfgaard and other factions.

The problem with NG was fixed in W3, you can find the solution if you search well. :beer:

1598131684278.png

Outside of that, we must remember that the next patch brings an update to Vincent and rework 14 leaders.

The problem with NG was fixed in W3, you can find the solution if you search well. :beer:

Outside of that, we must remember that the next patch brings an update to Vincent and rework 14 leaders.
About damn time they fixed the erase-one-card Vincent freak (though who knows with the devs, they might make him stronger and give him a deathblow "repeat deply ability" effect lmao). NG makes me want to vomit when I see it played.
Also The Usurper General is a 12 Point instant card that also gives statuses to boost Broken Dames and those crossbow aholes who get charges when an enemy gets "spying".
Now: Old Speartip is another 12 point instant card, BUT THIS ONE COSTS 13 provisions! while Usurper is 11 prov. Why is this when Usurperino just is so much more useful???
Van Moorhelm hunters a FOUR provision card that can either lock or bleed AND is 3 points + 1 armor? This is obviously an auto-include card straight away. Either reduce it's points down to 1 point + 1 armor or make it 5 provisions! Other units that can lock, for other factions are usually 7 provisions.. the goddamn Diameritium Shackles which is 3 dmg + Lock is 5 Prov! wtf :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Well they only mentioned Reworking 7 Leader skills in the stream and strangely Double Cross and Strategic Withdrawal* wasn't among them, the other 7 Leader Skills are probably just getting "touched".

*they both are skills which let you play 2 Card's in one turn while with DC you at least can't really plan on what card you're playing it still usually plays for good value with some assimilate Units on board, Strategic Withdrawal on the other hand you can definitely plan what Card you want to replay, especially with all the new Spies around double Usurper filling the opponents board with 4 spying Operative feels a bit off and if all the other 2 Cards in one Turn Leaders get reworked I think those two should definitely be reworked too.

Last edited:
About damn time they fixed the erase-one-card Vincent freak (though who knows with the devs, they might make him stronger and give him a deathblow "repeat deply ability" effect lmao). NG makes me want to vomit when I see it played.
Also The Usurper General is a 12 Point instant card that also gives statuses to boost Broken Dames and those crossbow aholes who get charges when an enemy gets "spying".
Now: Old Speartip is another 12 point instant card, BUT THIS ONE COSTS 13 provisions! while Usurper is 11 prov. Why is this when Usurperino just is so much more useful???
Van Moorhelm hunters a FOUR provision card that can either lock or bleed AND is 3 points + 1 armor? This is obviously an auto-include card straight away. Either reduce it's points down to 1 point + 1 armor or make it 5 provisions! Other units that can lock, for other factions are usually 7 provisions.. the goddamn Diameritium Shackles which is 3 dmg + Lock is 5 Prov! wtf :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
There are many other cards which can achieve a similar (or even bigger) payoff for the same (or similar) cost in other factions. Of all the possible complaints this is probably the strangest.
Locks are Nilfgaard's specialty. They are very slow tempo and can't target veiled units. They don't really need a nerf.

Are you serious about this post?

There are many other cards which can achieve a similar (or even bigger) payoff for the same (or similar) cost in other factions. Of all the possible complaints this is probably the strangest.
Locks are Nilfgaard's specialty. They are very slow tempo and can't target veiled units. They don't really need a nerf.
I agree that there are an excessive number of 4-Provision cards, across all factions, that are just too good. Locking may be Nilfgaard's specialty, but the ability is far too good to have on any 4-Provision unit, let alone an Aristocrat that can choose between Bleeding or Locking an enemy unit.

In addition, it's probably played in every Nilfgaard deck that doesn't use Portal, and it's problematic whenever any card becomes included in nearly all possible decks; staples kill card games.

I agree that there are an excessive number of 4-Provision cards, across all factions, that are just too good. Locking may be Nilfgaard's specialty, but the ability is far too good to have on any 4-Provision unit, let alone an Aristocrat that can choose between Bleeding or Locking an enemy unit.

In addition, it's probably played in every Nilfgaard deck that doesn't use Portal, and it's problematic whenever any card becomes included in nearly all possible decks; staples kill card games.
I kinda of had the same opinion about V.M. Hunters, but I think that progressive powercreep will solve the problem.

every faction can play a 3 + lock for 5 provision. hunter may have an alternative but it's not like playing a 5 for 4 is anything to write home about. the core problem really is ball, not van moorlem hunter, because most of NG's best cards trigger ball, while other scenarios need specific decks built around them. ball works in any viable NG deck.

every faction can play a 3 + lock for 5 provision. hunter may have an alternative but it's not like playing a 5 for 4 is anything to write home about. the core problem really is ball, not van moorlem hunter, because most of NG's best cards trigger ball, while other scenarios need specific decks built around them. ball works in any viable NG deck.

I'd make fangs and vmhs 5 prov, and then they can keep the aristocrat tag. (I know fangs don't have that tag) fangs could have an extra ability on range like give spying.

Edit: In the case vmhs go up to 5 prov, they should be 4 str 1 armor.

For 5 provision? No they can't, unless you're talking about neutral cards which isn't the same thing. Even then the only other 5p lock is a special card so why on earth would you even make such a comparison. And if you are then would you want to make VM Hunter a neutral card then? Since everyone can do it without problems.
That's the crux of the argument so many NG players make. The moment they realize if one of their cards were neutral how screwed they would be because then they have to see things from another factions perspective, the faction has ridiculous synergy its too good. Much like SK, NG cards are overt tuned, the aristocrat tag is as bad as the warrior tag at the moment and if that's "balance" then SK is also fine as is and the other factions need similar buffs to make them just as broken.

Last edited:
For 5 provision? No they can't, unless you're talking about neutral cards which isn't the same thing. Even then the only other 5p lock is a special card so why on earth would you even make such a comparison. And if you are then would you want to make VM Hunter a neutral card then? Since everyone can do it without problems.
That's the crux of the argument so many NG players make. The moment they realize if one of their cards were neutral how screwed they would be because then they have to see things from another factions perspective, the faction has ridiculous synergy its too good. Much like SK, NG cards are overt tuned, the aristocrat tag is as bad as the warrior tag at the moment and if that's "balance" then SK is also fine as is and the other factions need similar buffs to make them just as broken.
so what if it's a special card, what difference does that make? both cards are reactive anyway. aristocrat archetype is indeed to strong but at the sime time all other NG archetypes are complete garbage.
and again, you suggesting my opinion was subjective because I am a NG player, when NG is in fact my second least played faction in the game is rather amusing to me.

fangs could have an extra ability on range like give spying.
fangs are OP as they are imo, they really dont need a buff

so what if it's a special card, what difference does that make? both cards are reactive anyway. aristocrat archetype is indeed to strong but at the sime time all other NG archetypes are complete garbage.
and again, you suggesting my opinion was subjective because I am a NG player, when NG is in fact my second least played faction in the game is rather amusing to me.

fangs are OP as they are imo, they really dont need a buff
At no point did I say you are a NG player, read again.

And yes it matters, you said "every faction can play a 3 + lock for 5 provision", the special card doesn't even do damage so it doesn't play for "3+" points meaning your statement is incorrect.

What's more you ignored my question. Would you say VM hunter being a neutral card would be a good idea since you support "every" faction having such an option that apparently isn't too cheap?

At no point did I say you are a NG player, read again.

And yes it matters, you said "every faction can play a 3 + lock for 5 provision", the special card doesn't even do damage so it doesn't play for "3+" points meaning your statement is incorrect.
type in "dimetrium shackles", you're welcome

type in "dimetrium shackles", you're welcome
OH thanks. I forgot about that OP card that's auto include in every deck. My point remains, it's a neutral card. If you think that's even remotely the same thing as VM Hunter then this really is a pointless convo...anyhow have a good one. :beer:

OH thanks. I forgot about that OP card that's auto include in every deck. My point remains, it's a neutral card. If you think that's even remotely the same thing as VM Hunter then this really is a pointless convo...anyhow have a good one. :beer:
I never said that, all I said was there is a 5p lock that everyone can use (but no one does) and the problem imo doesnt lie in NG having a 4p lock but in it being an aristrocat and therefore being autoinclude. cheers :beer:

Also, Rot Tosser = 5 power + can poison two units lol = 5 provision. At least reduce the damn body down to 4 power. :[

Top Bottom