The right type of way to add Jackie prequel content

+
So we heard from Jackie's voice actor that he'd be glad to working on playing bigger role in the game

If they're planning to add these DLC quests at some point, I think the approach of putting them in start of the game would be a wrong type of approach.

I think making them optional before the 1 minute introduction would also make them feel less meaningful since it's just stuff that people are going to skip because why "bother getting attached to him, he's gonna die anyway".

Instead we should be looking forward more of a completionism route where (at least the majority of) the quests get added later and can be completed in more free approach.

It would be better to have entirely new quest line added to the game after the heist, after having the funeral with Mama Welles, and going through the stuff.

Maybe after 24 hours you could have her call you and ask to rearrange the stuff in garage or some other location, if you say yes and go to help her, you'll find some secret memory chips of his past before meeting you or his other solo adventures when you weren't there. This would make it possible to revisit the memories as one of his companions, or even playing as Jackie himself.

This quest line would lead you to talk to the previous characters from Jackie's life and let them inform something personal about him, perhaps meeting Viktor Vektor first time, perhaps sharing some unique memory of him being in the school as a young boy and standing up to a bully, maybe you could get to see a memory which could lead you to another discovery... Perhaps the end of the whole quest line you'd discover that it wasn't an accident after all that you got into the heist mission in first place, and it was actually the plan all along to make you the suspect of the murder, revealed by tracking the BD videos of Dexter DeShawn meeting with Yorinobu Arasaka himself. The original plan would have been that you get caught and shot after the "assassination" and Dexter is going to get promoted in some high office where he could continue doing his business in more secure environment. Using Johhny as a bait was just a decoy and the shard actually had 0 value due to how it was encoded to take over the host anyway.

You could witness some some tapes after the heist with Yorinobu Arasaka talking with agents about not letting you go and shooting a cop who apologizes for losing your track and other stuff. That Jackie's body was in fact tracked down whole time after giving him a free drink by associate who hid a nanobot to the drink.

Maybe there could be an alternative ending that gets unlocked where Yorinobu gets killed after attempting to flee the evidence back to his home country where you get to shoot with missile launcher a plane down.

Or perhaps he manages to escape and there's going to be expansion later where you get to visit Japan as a revenge quest for setting you up as the murderer.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Phair

Forum regular
I really don't want to see anymore of JACKIE!
I did not like him, I was glad he got killed.
If they do bring him back, I only hope I can kill him myself.
He was stupid, loud, obnoxious, and thank god they did not make him a permanent companion.
And no I'm not the only one who thinks this way, check out my post
(Why I don't like Jackie Welles) you will see he wasn't everyone's friend. Lol

Top Bottom