The Table needs more "Theme" to it

+
The Table needs more "Theme" to it

I think its a wasted opportunity to make just a normal wooden table when you could go with some realy cool witcher themes. Just like hearthstone, but better. Make somebody spill their drink on the side or have some expensive Erveluce wine on a table that would be in a kings room or something. And my favourite, have a table thats meant to be on a skellige boat with the sounds of people respodng to your moves and everything. I know thats just wishful thinking but themed tables wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have been suggesting for a while now that they should base the Table on locations from the witcher world.

Novigrad table, Dol Blathanna table, Vergen table, Oxenfurt table, Kaer Morhen table........

I totally second this, these kind of themes would be amazing, it would actually improve game experience. I really hope CDPR listen to this!...

well closed beta has only just begun, so i'm sure in the future, different or more thematic tables could definitely be on the cards. I guess in a similar way to how hearthstone has continued to introduce new boards, since the games inception.

Yes Please!

I know that the Gwent Team is working on animations for cards, but the environment/table can really add to a card game. Hopefully we'll see some stuff like that in the campaign/single player mode when it drops.

I suggest to sell different table themes as a cosmetic choice, along with card backs for each faction, and player icons. All of these are good, extra cosmetic monetization options.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the board completely lacks any atmosphere. The great music somehow saves it but it is such a wasted oppurtunity. witcher 3 Gwent was better in that regard. Themes sound great. A snowy or stormy skellige theme. A sandy Zerrikania theme and so on. Add suitable music and the board would gain a lot of atmosphere it currently lacks.
For instance this song would be fitting for a mysterious and at the same time sad Aen Seidhe theme, showing their once great culture in ruins.

The table "background" is in development. Do not worry they will add stuff to the sides as well (beer, coins, candles...). I hope they add marble table, jade, nephrite, crystal, ice, birchwood and redwood tables as well ^_^

I disagree, I think the board being simple and clean brings nice contrast to the great art on the cards.

I disagree, I think the board being simple and clean brings nice contrast to the great art on the cards.
I strongly diagree here. The witchers universe is a tressure that the guys at cd project brought to life. Atmosphere is whats all about. But YES, every card is a little masterpiece and the music is (as usual) killer too :band:

I like the idea but i would like it to be optional (in settings) as it can consume resources especially if you don't have a good internet connection.

And i would also like to be able to select the theme i like (if there are more) not random as in HS.

Honestly the board could use less details and flashy effects outside the board. W3 Gwent was much more simple and concise, they should go for that. Not a fan of the red and blue coloring either, seems pretty redundant since players and opponents sides are always the same.

Top Bottom