The Technomancer

+
The Technomancer

Just found out about this game which looks super interesting. It's an action RPG taking place in Mars, and I think it has party-based combat. Supposed to come out at the end of the month.

Last edited:
I was following it for quite a while. It is super interesting and has lovely music and atmosphere.

But...It's Spiders - they have a lot of passion and good ideas, but they are still inexperienced in my opinion, which results in interesting, but not really great games. I hope this one is better then the last two, cause it has a lot of potential.

Hm. Developed by Spiders and published by Focus Home Interactive which already released some games on GOG. Can be interesting if they'd release it for Linux, but it doesn't look like their engine supports it: http://www.spiders-games.com/solutions

I'd say in this day and age, it's not on par with Unreal for example.

Last edited:
i've been waitng for this game as soon as i knew about it, i'll get it on the release date, it looks awesome, a cyberpunk rpg, i hope it has no gamebreaking bugs

i'm playing it right now, it's awesome, cyberpunk music, lots of high tech, low life, action rpg, very interesting story, totally recommended :)

This game intrigues me, but I'm not sure whether to pick it up. It's getting slammed pretty hard in reviews. It's a shame because I was looking forward to playing a new action RPG.

Last edited:
This game intrigues me, but I'm not sure whether to pick it up. It's getting slammed pretty hard in reviews. It's a shame because I was looking forward to playing a new action RPG.

pick it up, don't mind the bad reviews, ign for example gave this game a bad puntuaton and they are wrong, they gave alien isolation a bad puntuation and it was a masterpiece,
this game is a great action rpg, three skilltrees, combat from witcher 2, very good graphics, sci-fi-cyberpunk-distopian setting, corporations struggling, companions, fluid dynamic combat, long campaign, very well made atmospheric environments, you will forget about its flaws very fast
different choices have different outcomes and change afinnity to companions and the world reacts to your actions
very original monsters, good looking places, sound music, and effects very well made
little details make this wolrd very alive, craft equipment, good enemy a.i. they are a challenge
i could use some improvements, as every game out there,but I totally recommend it ;)

Last edited:
Don't have much time lately, so I was able to play only few hours, but so far I like it. Graphics are decent, sound is good, setting is interesting (if you liked Mars: War Logs you will like it too). Story do far develops slowly, but it gives you time to become familiar with the world. Writing could be better - some dialogs sounds artificial, but tbh I did not expected TW3 quality. It may be not game for everyone, but it definitely does not deserve negative reviews - I think it will get better when people who are currently playing will give their score.

I'm 23 hours in and I believe I will be finishing it up in about 10 more. Enjoying the game a lot despite some of its flaws. Still believe that the reviews have not done it justice. It definitely deserves better scores. IMO it's a game worth checking out.

I'm 23 hours in and I believe I will be finishing it up in about 10 more. Enjoying the game a lot despite some of its flaws. Still believe that the reviews have not done it justice. It definitely deserves better scores. IMO it's a game worth checking out.

On a scale from 1 to The Witcher 1, how underrated do you feel it is?

;)

What about the story and writing quality? What would you compare it to?

Really interested in this game, especially because Spiders deserve to make a good game finally - they always have good ideas, but something is lacking.

What about the story and writing quality? What would you compare it to?

Really interested in this game, especially because Spiders deserve to make a good game finally - they always have good ideas, but something is lacking.

I finished it over the weekend. Took me about 28 hours. I missed 2-3 side quests and 1 companion quest if I recall correctly. The game was not perfect but I loved the setting and the combat system (fun fact - mocap was done in Alvernia studios from what I saw in the credits:)). The story had some highlights and you could see that the developers put a lot of effort into this game.

Top Bottom