The Wasteland... areas beyond the city

+
Mm. On the one hand, I feel "Freedom! Open World! Yaay!" is fun and fine.

On the other, I goddamn LOVE CP2020 and that ( the above) has NEVER been true. Never. Ne-var.

CP2020 is about trying to do the right thing - or the selfish thing that is right for you - and stay alive. Preferably profiting. While not getting mashed by the World.

So it's very much not consequence free - and harsh consequences.

The Wasteland is another arena for that to take place -a dn sometimes a solution to those City-borne consequences.

But it is not some Skyrim or even Witcher 3 Freedom Zone.

And I think Cyberpunk setting should take precedence over the idea of Open World Freedom. Everywhere.

I will have to disagree. It can't truly be considered "Cyberpunk" without open world freedom. Anything that can be truly considered Cyberpunk is have to be anything but linear. Anything else is a cheap imitation that only "barrows" ideas from Cyberpunk and anything that resembles the setting of Cyberpunk but isn't really Cyberpunk, whole imitated setting is wasted upon it. Grin!! (Wow, I almost lost coherence there.. Maybe I did without even realizing it.. I am so damn tired. I can't proof read it now, I will check back again later.)

This I'll agree with you on 100%.

Oh ... damn ... I did it again ... agreed with Sard ...
Someone shoot me !

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! Now we will never able to shut him up.. He will go on and on about... wait, I think I heard something.. Waaaaaahhhh..

That was a cheap shot! Pun intended.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! Now we will never able to shut him up.. He will go on and on about... wait, I think I heard something.. Waaaaaahhhh..

She agreed with Sard? Oh no she broke the seal and..... released him.....

That was a cheap shot! Pun intended.

I think this setting is best suited to a ultra-city but places like sewers, abandoned zones and underground complexes would be cool

Top Bottom