🎉The Welcome Thread

+
Hey,
Newcomer with an issue with Witcher 3 complete on Ps5

Unable to craft white gull or various other things. I have the ingredients but the recipe disappears from the alchemy page every time I attempt to craft it. If I put the items in the stash or sell the items the recipe reappears but as soon as they are back in inventory it is gone again.

Welcome, to many!

Hey,
Newcomer with an issue with Witcher 3 complete on Ps5

Unable to craft white gull or various other things. I have the ingredients but the recipe disappears from the alchemy page every time I attempt to craft it. If I put the items in the stash or sell the items the recipe reappears but as soon as they are back in inventory it is gone again.
This sounds like it may be an inventory filtering issue. Are you sure all items are being displayed?

New player. Just wanted to point out to the devs that the aiming deadzone setting on Xbox doesn’t function properly. Any adjustment under about 0.8 doesn’t register, so you can’t effectively play with a deadzone under 0.8 on Xbox (on Series X btw) which prevents you from being able to aim more precisely. It’s not a problem with my controller because I tried it on 5 different ones. Also, deadzone settings work fine on other Xbox games that have them. On PlayStation (PS5), the setting works fine and you can put the setting all the way to 0.0. I plan to play on PS5 because of this but would rather play on Series X for the higher resolution.

Couldn’t figure out the dead body and the apple around Velen.
A099817C-9B07-4E22-9B51-126F174FFD82.jpeg

The Witcher 3 NG on PC doesn't have an option to select a specific refresh rate, it always uses the Windows default. I use Windows normally at 60Hz in SDR (shared work/play machine) but my monitors support 144Hz.
Right now I need to manually reconfigure the display in Windows to be in HDR mode, then manually reconfigure it in a different panel to run at 144Hz, then reset them when I'm done. Would be nice to have these options built in to the Display menu in-game.

Hi folks. Couple of things about behaviour/graphics on W3 next gen upgrades for both Series X and PS5 since I have W3 on both

Series X. The clouds in Skellige are quite low res, almost like 32 bit in the sky immediately above Geralt. Switched to PS5 coz' it looked bad. PS5 not having same issue. But...

PS5. Having trouble steering boats. Very sluggish. If I take my hand off the direction stick the boats go backwards. It isn't an issue with the joystick.

When doing the Fists of Fury, especially at Kaer Trolde Geralt turns his back to the npc even with lock on, and also seems to get stuck on non-existent obstacles. Happens in sword fights sometimes too.

Environments flicker in Skellige.

Post automatically merged:

Your post editor had a freak out while I was posting an update about W3 behaviour on Series X and PS5.

So if you see my post with a 10 mile paragraph space. That's why. I can't even find it now to see if made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know where to download the Witcher 3 update next gen and patches. I have a very old copy of the game PC v1.06 and when I built a new computer and transferred over my old files, I decided with the new update to replay Witcher 3. However the game is not associated with Steam or GoG and it does not have an update option in the menu. I cant find anywhere on your site or any other with a direct download link to get the update and newest patches.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Zente

I want to know where to download the Witcher 3 update next gen and patches. I have a very old copy of the game PC v1.06 and when I built a new computer and transferred over my old files, I decided with the new update to replay Witcher 3. However the game is not associated with Steam or GoG and it does not have an update option in the menu. I cant find anywhere on your site or any other with a direct download link to get the update and newest patches.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Zente
Normally, physical copies come with a GOG key.
I guess without linking your game to GOG or Steam (or maybe Epic), you won't be able to download the update, update which is available only through the launcher of these platforms :(

I no longer have the code key and GoG where I bought the game claims its not in my record and so does not show among the games purchased from them. I guess I will try and add it to my steam games and see if the launcher will update it. However the update and files should be available in the support downloads section but they aren't.
Thank you for your advise.

Hello all. I was just wondering about the date Xbox One users receive the update which fixes issues and adds improvements to The Witcher III. My version on console says 4.00, but not all of the changes have been made, and I heard there was to be a date after December 14th where last-gen users would receive an update. Can someone fill me in on this issue?

Hello all. I was just wondering about the date Xbox One users receive the update which fixes issues and adds improvements to The Witcher III. My version on console says 4.00, but not all of the changes have been made, and I heard there was to be a date after December 14th where last-gen users would receive an update. Can someone fill me in on this issue?
The next update will certainely be release to fix all the issues and bugs (nothing more), but there is no release date as far as I know.
The changes that you don't currently have, are "next-gen" and PC exclusive. So I doubt these changes will be added on "old-gen" :(

Welcome, to many!

This sounds like it may be an inventory filtering issue. Are you sure all items are being displayed?
Yes. I have toggled the filters multiple times and it has not changed. Tried resetting the system. We'll see if that helps.

The next update will certainely be release to fix all the issues and bugs (nothing more), but there is no release date as far as I know.
The changes that you don't currently have, are "next-gen" and PC exclusive. So I doubt these changes will be added on "old-gen" :(
(exasperated sigh) Thanks for the info. They should really fix all of the issues in the game, like the fast travel system.

Hey guys, I'd like to post a feedback thread about Gwent Journey Quests - it would be great if they were a bit more complex, less trivial to achieve. Currently I complete them in a couple of hours and then I'm waiting for a week for the rotation. Maybe if they were tied to daily quests, similarly to the Allgod Winter Event? More complexity would make it more interesting with a sense of achievement and incentive to play.

I just got back to Cyberpunk 2077 after one year. How do I access the game menu? I was shocked that I don't see the option to return to the game menu when I press the start button on the xbox controller. I only see the typical INVENTORY, CHARACTER, MAP and etc. Please help I have been searching for for several hours now and it is really frustrating. all I want to do is save my game and load my previous saves on the xbox one x.

Please help

How to access Cyberpunk 2077 game menu on xbox one x?

I just got back to playing Cyberpunk 2077 after one year and I'm surprised I can't access the main menu. So I can't save or load my other saves.

It's the other one ;)
Menu button > Inventory (player tabs).
View button > Game menu (save/load/options/quit/...)
Yeah I''ve been trying to do that too but nothing comes when I press the View button

OK got it thanks.
Just had to press the View button during game. I haven't touched my one x since March 2021 so I guess some buttons were getting rusty. But thanks anyway!

Helo there,
it´s a pity that CDPR just mentions that after the next-gen-update of Witcher 3 the cloudsync between Nintendo Switch and PC-version won´t work anymore (due to different game-versions). i waited till this feature was released an Switch before I bought the Switch-version. At this moment It doesn´t seem that CDPR will bring this feature back.

hi lads,
2060 super + 5700x, 16gb ram, nvme, win10 + all visuaal c+= from techpowerup download here.
+100 h on cp 2077
I can't play next gen game witcher 3 wildh hunt even on dx11 with low low low settings
I never in 30 years of pc gaming met a game so trash.
I just can't go past get junior scene think 50 crashes so far
just can't take anymore.
Will try to do some side missions and then delete game and wait 6 month for patches or something like this.
or play old version on windows 7.

honesty,
not a cdprojectred fan

Support can be reached here:
(please read their suggestions first, if nothing helps it's best to click on "contact us" to send a ticket)

Please keep in mind that in case you are playing with mods some of them might not be compatible with the new version of the game and be the reason for crashes.

Top Bottom