The Witcher + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

+
The Witcher + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

When I was going through the LCD Gaming Panel software for my Logitech G15 gaming keyboard I noticed a lot of LCD programs were added. They were just all various symbls (%, $, `, etc etc) and they all had The Witcher as a directory. Anyone know anything about these, and how to remove them?

I've never seen anything show up on the LCD regarding Witcher when I play. However, that may be what they're for, but they aren't working correctly. And there's like 10 of them showing up in the software.

Check your keyboard config, mine is working perfectly, it shows your HP, EP, Toxicity and Total exp to next level (would be nice if you knew your actual exp or at least the remaining exp left, but meh, you can't have everything)

All those random symbols are from The Witcher, none of them looks like a real program and I do not get anything on my LCD while playing the Witcher. I've tried reinstalling but that did nothing.(Btw they were checked and enabled and such. I disabled them because I was having strange issues, which stopped after unchecking them - However when they were checked I still got nothing on my LCD)

It works fine for me as well. I never checked the Manager while ingame, but I have an option to see my stats. The option is usually some symbol as you said. I also noticed that the option seems to a take a moment after you loaded the game to become available.

It seems everytime I run the game it creates a new program with another Random Symbol. It never uses the previous one. So I keep getting entries added to the LCD manager every time, which is pointless and seems to be causing issues.

Anyone know why it keeps creating a new program everytime I run the game? Why isn't it reusing the original?

I have the same problem with the Logitech GamePanel Manager v2.02Lots or random name entries for the Witcher. I dont get any LCD info in game unless I delete them all first.To delete the multiple entries, close the LCD manager then go to.. \Documents and Settings\ USER\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Logitech\ LCD Softwareopen the file, should be called LGLCDDB.TXT and scroll to the end of the file..delete all the witcher entries.. EG:[Application_12]0=F1,I100,E2[Application_13]0=F1,I100,E2[Application_14]0=F1,I100,E212="C:\\Program Files\\The Witcher\\SYSTEM\\witcher.EXE"," ",E0,A0,S0,L013="C:\\Program Files\\The Witcher\\SYSTEM\\witcher.EXE","ƒD",E0,A0,S0,L014="C:\\Program Files\\The Witcher\\SYSTEM\\witcher.EXE","è",E0,A0,S0,L0Save the file.

Still no fix to this? Is there a way to disable Witcher from trying to use the lcd, so I can get it to stop adding entries at least?

platycus said:
Still no fix to this? Is there a way to disable Witcher from trying to use the lcd, so I can get it to stop adding entries at least?
I want to stop The Witcher from using the G15 display.

I think this problem needs to be addressed. I see it was a problem back in january and its still here in the new version. I dont often use my LCD, but when I saw this thread and looked at my LCD program list, I found 12 extra programs with random symbol names all for Witcher? What gives? I saw in other threads that a specific mention was made about using the G15 keyboard, so I really feel it should be fixed.I have emailed Logitech about blocking Witcher from even using the LCD as a temporary fix till it gets corrected. I will also send in a ticket to Atari. We'll see what they say.

Just noticed the extra programs on my GamePanel Manager 2.02The program works fine in Witcher. I get to see my stats.This can be disabled by selecting Manual - Use Device Control to Switch.The added programs will still be there. This just lets you switch to the clock or performance and stays there if you don't want to see your stats.

Hawke said:
Just noticed the extra programs on my GamePanel Manager 2.02The program works fine in Witcher. I get to see my stats.This can be disabled by selecting Manual - Use Device Control to Switch.The added programs will still be there. This just lets you switch to the clock or performance and stays there if you don't want to see your stats.
Yeah, already knew about that, but thanks :) I want it to stop creating the extra program on my LCD EVERY time I start the game though. What happens after so long when it has created over 50 progs? 100? 1000? I am not really worried. I just feel it is a bug that needs to be corrected. Shouldn't it, like all other games, create simply one LCD program and use that same one each time it opens? I think so. Logitech and Atari each have my support tickets. Maybe they will come up with a solution.Edit: Heard back from Logitech. No go there... "...unfortunately we do not know how the game interprets the LCD display. Due to this limitation, I would suggest you to contact the game manufacturer to obtain additional assistance."So hopefully Atari will give me something.. *sigh*

I doubt logitech can really do anything about this since the witcher is interfacing with the software.But i cant believe even upto the enhanced edition simple and obvious bugs like this got out and will probably never get fixed before i am able to finish the game.

I just found 35 of these non-functioning entries in my gamepanel manager too. All pointed to the Witcher.exe. No other programs I run do this. The Logitech GamePanel Manager Software is version 2.02 dated 12/13/2007.

Best be careful of those fingers there - remember Leo, who could not cast signs because of broken fingers. I wouldn't want the same thing happening here :D ;)Segmentor and I both have G15s, so I'll check the programs tonight and see what both his and mine have to say for themselves. I'm getting Witcher readouts on mine, but seg is not, and it will be interesting to see if one or both of us are getting stacks of entries into the LCD app.

I was getting a bucketload of entries in the G15 panel manager until I deleted a whole heap of them. Now I only have four and the gamepanel display doesn't work - I don't recall whether it worked before I deleted them.

Top Bottom