Theory: I think the player is being brainwashed. Seeing different colors like the Peralez's

+
Spoilers

In the BD with Judy there is a Rubik's cube with the yellow colored side towards the customers in the store. The first robbery BD tutorial. There is also one of these Rubik's cubes in the Arasaka ending. One of the signs of being brainwashed as seen with the Peralez's is remembering false colors. Red or blue roses?

None of this would mean anything on its own. However. The store which was robbed not only exists ingame. You can literally find it and go there. In which every detail is the same as in the BD. It is also the only store with this layout I've found - so it should be unique. Making this the actual store from the BD.

There is one single difference though. The color facing the player in the BD tutorial is yellow. The one facing the player "IRL" is blue. Hint at the player being brainwashed like the Peralez's?

"Maybe" the vendor who is indeed, the same as in the BD, cleaned up the store during the weeks between the BD recording and V's visit. And he simply turn the cube on another side without paying attention :)
(V can even comment that it smells of bleach and ask why^^)
And unlike Peralezs, V seem to kept his/her memories and doesn't seem to "acquire" get new false ones.

But let's imagine it's true, what a "brain mess"... Brainwash a dude/girl who is already being brainwashed o_O

Last edited:
Spoilers

In the BD with Judy there is a Rubik's cube with the yellow colored side towards the customers in the store. The first robbery BD tutorial. There is also one of these Rubik's cubes in the Arasaka ending. One of the signs of being brainwashed as seen with the Peralez's is remembering false colors. Red or blue roses?

None of this would mean anything on its own. However. The store which was robbed not only exists ingame. You can literally find it and go there. In which every detail is the same as in the BD. It is also the only store with this layout I've found - so it should be unique. Making this the actual store from the BD.

There is one single difference though. The color facing the player in the BD tutorial is yellow. The one facing the player "IRL" is blue. Hint at the player being brainwashed like the Peralez's?
The BD from Judy isn't V's scrolled BD. So IF (and I stress if) there's brainwashing going on, it wouldn't be V, but the original 'owner' who made the BD in the first place.
What I think seems far more logical, is more or less what the poster above me said, from a mechanical point of view.
A BD is a straight up recording of the immediate surroundings so it's impossible to "misremember" something. The BD scroll will have recorded what the situation was factually. And the subsequent user (V in this case) will see what the situation was in the store at that time.

Top Bottom