Things that made you feel immersed

+
We've had lots of threads about what breaks your immersion sooo it's high time we get a thread about things that make us feel immersed! What are the moments where you went "Whoa, that felt like i was actually part of the world!".

I'll start with a mild spoiler for one of the
During the River date, after the fun match of laser tag and the complementary food I helped make -hah - River takes you to his special spot atop the water tower but there's a problem... the door thingy is jammed! Oh noes! But fear not - River has the solution; "Come here and I'll give you the boost!" he proudly declares, without realizing I already lept over the fence smirking madly, almost expecting me to have to get back over the other side yet again but no, NOOOO! The game managed to actually surprised me! River was awestruck at my "leap-y-ness" ( Sorry for not being able to properly quote him... ) and actually responded in a way... a pixel human being should at someone being able to do something unexpected - thanks to ( sadly not being visually represented ) leg cyberware! We had some fun bickering and I opened the door for him and what was actually a fun date could actually continue! I'll save you the details for the stuff that happened after, that's for you to discover on your own /wink. Well done CDProject ^^

Now I really wanna hear about other great moments that made all of YOU out there feel really good about playing the game! Be it something about the gameplay, or just a certain dialogue! Maybe you just like Watson Whore? Or you can't stop looking at all the weird ads? Feel free to share!

Kind regards,
Your friendly neighbourhood V

Nothing yet due to all the things that far out way and detract from immersion.
Heh, yeah... Maybe that's why I was so surprised at the few times I actually go immersed into the world BY the world coz these moments are spread out a lot ^^' But hey! It can only get better, right?!

Nothing yet due to all the things that far out way and detract from immersion.
Then this isnt the topic for you.... why did you even waste your time replying? derailing a topic isnt nice and never has been.

On topic: Theres surprising amount of times in missions where you sit down next to your friend and can do things like drink/eat while talking, that continues to keep me immersed (also the variety in indoors throughout the side and main missions). And also ofcourse the TV-ads everytime i go into an elevator... i once actually stopped to listen to the news and as weve come to experience the same in GTA after every main story mission. Was cool hearing stuff in the news that i just did in the last mission, even if it was scripted. :D

But hey! It can only get better, right?!

It will get better that's for sure, to what degree beyond "playable" is unknown however. I hope it does though.
Post automatically merged:

Then this isnt the topic for you.... why did you even waste your time replying? derailing a topic isnt nice and never has been.

On topic: Theres surprising amount of times in missions where you sit down next to your friend and can do things like drink/eat while talking, that continues to keep me immersed (also the variety in indoors throughout the side and main missions). And also ofcourse the TV-ads everytime i go into an elevator... i once actually stopped to listen to the news and as weve come to experience the same in GTA after every main story mission. Was cool hearing stuff in the news that i just did in the last mission, even if it was scripted. :D

I didnt see anything that said "blank people only" over the water fountain sorry. I don't feel that I wasted my time either.

I agree, sitting and nomming some grub with our buddies feels great! That only proves that we really need to be able to order food at all the culinary outlets in the world, maybe we can even bring a friend along, or our romance option? One can dream~

The Canvas is there, now it has to be filled with many many many great little drawings! ^^

It will get better that's for sure, to what degree beyond "playable" is unknown however. I hope it does though.
Post automatically merged:

I didnt see anything that said "blank people only" over the water fountain sorry. I don't feel that I wasted my time either.

Oh it's fine! I appreciate any and all replies! I am hoping for many many months of fixes and added content! So maaaaybe eventually we'll get stuff that will make even you feel immersed! ^^

I really loved all the flavour choices!
Like punching a mirror, eating, drinking, taking a shower, looking into the mirror to check if I've gone nuts yet, sitting down (oh how I would love sitting down for a holo), etc...
And I would absolutely love to sit down in a bar after a hard day of work and getting a drink served like the "mission" drinks.

Also I like that they've nailed the choice selection while driving (in my opinion). Maybe just needs an extra key for choice selection and collecting stuff. But generally beeing able to talk to people while doing other things is brillant.

Last edited:
I will say as you mentioned the advertising, I love it in that I hate it which is wonderful and what I want from a dark future, cyberpunk dystopia. The ads are one of the the best examples in my opinion that teleport me personally into a world that is more dystopian than the one I experience before I turn on my console as opposed to so much of the other stuff which is less dystopian.

As critical as I am, the foundation is there for something masterful. I want that masterpiece and I don't care how I am perceived while I yell and scream at CDPR to create it. Im yelling and screaming as it were out of genuine love like a coach that sees greatness in a prospect.

Dig the hole, mine that gold and be great! That's what I want.

I found the hab block that your apartment is in to be immersive, got massive megacity 1 /judge dredd vibes from that, I do hope they(CDPR) expand upon dwelling options, cos a dingy apartment is all well and good for starting out in, but I want a condo in the downtown area or a suite at a fancy hotel or something

Guest 4406876

The only thing that made me feel immersed were the 2 endings I had so far. Those were always talking about the same concepts of the Dystopian world I heard about over and over and over and over, but that's a very important point of this kind of settings, and the whole point that every "Cyberpunk/Dystopian" product is trying to make. The soul, what's the soul compared to the awareness of self, is it still you, human body and machine, what happens if.., are "machines" aware?, do they have a soul besides being perfect behavioural patterns of their human counterpart, what happens if you turn slowly into a machine, is the brain the holder of the soul? or is it fragmented in the whole body and exchanging parts takes away your souls little by little etc etc etc.

What I didn't like about my 2 endings is that in neither case you get to play the consequence and feel it first hand to really give it a sense for the player. So whatever you pick, it doesn't really make a difference.

During the game immersion 0.

I found the hab block that your apartment is in to be immersive, got massive megacity 1 /judge dredd vibes from that, I do hope they(CDPR) expand upon dwelling options, cos a dingy apartment is all well and good for starting out in, but I want a condo in the downtown area or a suite at a fancy hotel or something

I was feeling Judge Dredd vibes as well and it would certainly be welcome to be able to progress as a character up or down. The option to live and operate from a high rise or be a lowlife drug cyber drug addicted waste. A role playing game as it were. If these things never get fleshed out much in the single player, hopefully they will be in the multiplayer if that still happens.

I was feeling Judge Dredd vibes as well and it would certainly be welcome to be able to progress as a character up or down. The option to live and operate from a high rise or be a lowlife drug cyber drug addicted waste. A role playing game as it were. If these things never get fleshed out much in the single player, hopefully they will be in the multiplayer if that still happens.
that's another thing I'd like to see more of, drugs, they are a big theme in cp2020, drug addled gangers/cyberpsychos etc etc, imho the benefits of drugs could be an alternative to cyberware if someone wishes to do a pure human playthrough, but that's moot, cos you get railroaded into having implants installed, there is no option to say no to them.

I really loved all the flavour choices!
Like punching a mirror, eating, drinking, taking a shower, looking into the mirror to check if I've gone nuts yet, sitting down (oh how I would love sitting down for a holo), etc...
And I would absolutely love to sit down in a bar after a hard day of work and getting a drink served like the "mission" drinks.

Also I like that they've nailed the choice selection while driving (in my opinion). Maybe just needs an extra key for choice selection and collecting stuff. But generally beeing able to talk to people while doing other things is brillant.

When and where it works, the way in which they allow us to talk to people by simply walking up to them is the new standard in gaming my opinion because its much more natural and organic.

I hope they add some animations that show us eating or drinking, being able to sit down at noodle shops etc as you said.

Guest 4406876

When and where it works, the way in which they allow us to talk to people by simply walking up to them is the new standard in gaming my opinion because its much more natural and organic.

I hope they add some animations that show us eating or drinking, being able to sit down at noodle shops etc as you said.
Yes thing is , by doing that, they had to sacrifice too much important parts of the experience. So I wouldn't know if it's worth it.

I enjoy finding little restaurants and arcade spots tucked away in dimly lit alleyways. Also when you see the odd gang member hanging around but not attacking adds to it for me personally.

Using furniture as a first little step would be nice.

It seems as CDPR have somewhat underestimated how many of us wants to interact with the city/world itself, beyond doing the quests. I don't just want to play the game - I want to live in Night City!

Top Bottom